Football

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

IN Scottish league there are only two teams really in it, Celitc and Ranger.
True but i was just happy we are not going to be relegated :)
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I think Celtic and Rangers should enter the Premiership, it would make both leagues more interesting. I think Celtic would be in the top like 4th or 5th. Rangers would be middle like 9th or 8th.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

i would say if they played their current teams they would be significantly lower than that
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Celtic have Ballemy and Hartson but that is about it....
Rangers have Novo. The two teams need more competition other then themselves.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

That's the truth. I'd love to see the Hoops in the Premiership. Hell, I'd like to be able to see SPL games here in the States without having to go to a bar at 7 in the morning.

The kicker is that Bellamy will probably go back to the EPL after this season.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Bayern munich are interested in Bellamy, and if i were him id go there over staying with celtic or going back to newcastle

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I read that he wasn't welcome back in Newcastle.
msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3574262
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Liverpool beat Chelsea
a surprising result

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Chelsea's already clinched, the game doesn't matter, does it?
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

it was champions league semi final
it mattered a wee bit ;)

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Chelsea should have won. Liverpool are not a good team and that ball did not go over the line.
Liverpool will not beat AC Milan. At least Chelsea got the League and League Cup.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Chelsea were the better side, but i hope liverpool win in the final it would be good for football to have an underdog win.

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Replay technology (thanks SkySports) shows that it was not a goal. Yeah, it would be good for English football if Liverpool win. Annoy Everton because they might lose their Champions League so Liverpool can go in.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Annoy Everton because they might lose their Champions League so Liverpool can go in.
i dont believe this should happen as Everton have earned it.

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I think Liverpool should have it. Liverpool might win the Champions League and they have the right to defend the cup. Everton are a bad team who had a lot of luck. Next Year, Liverpool could get pass group stages. Everton will not even get pass these stages.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Queeaqueg wrote:Replay technology (thanks SkySports) shows that it was not a goal. Yeah, it would be good for English football if Liverpool win. Annoy Everton because they might lose their Champions League so Liverpool can go in.
I'm not sure about that, to tell for sure you'd need a camera pointing across the goal line. The best shot I've seen is from an angle and Gallas is obscuring the line so it's difficult to make a good judgement.
From this angle it looks like the ball is over or very nearly over the line, but then the camera a little way behind the goal line so again it's hard to tell.

I think the only person who was actually in a position to be sure was William Gallas and I imagine he had his eyes on the ball and not the goal line. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I had a gut feeling that Liverpool were going to win the tie as soon as the draw was made. I always saw Chelsea being a bit too arrogant and falling to a sucker punch which they duly did. They were far too blase after failing to score at Stamford Bridge.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

The ball was on the goal line. The Rules state that the whole of the ball must be over the line. Anyway, what is done is done. Liverpool should have it.
Southampton have now gone down. Look at the maths they have not but I know they have and Spurs are not far off Europe.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Well, it doesn't look good for Saints but survival is possible. If they get a point out of United and Norwich lose they can stay up due to their superior goal difference. That's assuming Palace and West Brom don't win, of course.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Southampton are going down, if they stay up well....
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Celtic beat Aberdeen. They're still up by two points in the SPL.

Return to “Sports”