Drowning = Pregnancy???

Archive From The 'Tank
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

deer of the dawn wrote: You know, way back when schools taught abstinence only, there were lots less pregnancies and STDs. Funny how that works.
I don't think that's the case actually.
Cail wrote:Well yes and no. There have been localized pushes for abstinence-only sex education...
Yeah, I was gonna say I was pretty sure there had been more than a few calls for it in the fairly recent past.

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

it is hard for those in power to seperate the mechanics of sex and pregnancy from the morality of sex.

instead of focusing on the functions involved they would pass judgement on those engaging in sexual congress.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

deer of the dawn wrote: You know, way back when schools taught abstinence only, there were lots less pregnancies and STDs. Funny how that works.
I don't think that's the case actually.
Cail wrote:Well yes and no. There have been localized pushes for abstinence-only sex education...
Yeah, I was gonna say I was pretty sure there had been more than a few calls for it in the fairly recent past.

--A
It wasn't just that abstinence was pushed in school, but society also pushed abstinence in public and private life, and at least gave more than just lip service to monogamy. Remember, 40+ years ago, unwed pregnancy was more than a little looked down upon, and the girl ostracized from many polite societies.( I agree the guy who participated in creating this situation should have shared this ostracization.) The social pressure alone helped prevent many pregnancies.

And I know damn well that I never saw a pregnant girl under 16 anywhere until I was nearly into my 30's.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD

Post by Avatar »

That's cause they used to hide them away from decent society. ;)

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

they sent them to farms in the midwest to visit family, for about nine months.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

So Sgt. Null and Avatar, don't know how old either of you are, but how many pregnant 12-15 year old girls, as a percentage, did you see in the early to mid 1960's? Hell, how many did you even hear about? How many girls in school up and disappeared in the middle of thier highschool years?
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

shawneehistory.tripod.com/12.pdf

the number are ther ebut i can't figure out how to copy and paste them.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

sgt.null wrote:shawneehistory.tripod.com/12.pdf

the number are ther ebut i can't figure out how to copy and paste them.
try typing the figures. But I'm willing to bet in smaller schools it was less than 1 in a 100, and probably less.
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Post by Avatar »

Haha, I wasn't born until the 70's and believe me, in conservative, religious apartheid South Africa, you saw them even less.

All I was saying in a tongue in cheek way was that just because you didn't see them, didn't mean they weren't there.

--A
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Avatar wrote:Haha, I wasn't born until the 70's and believe me, in conservative, religious apartheid South Africa, you saw them even less.

All I was saying in a tongue in cheek way was that just because you didn't see them, didn't mean they weren't there.

--A
Exactly. I already posted some numbers...last post on previous page. Here's another...despite the impression of seeing it more often, unless you are truly old it's a false impression...the last time the teen pregnancy rate was as low as 2011 was in 1946. And again: all the highest teen rates are in states with Abstinence only or primary, all the states with the lowest are with comprehensive sex ed.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Vraith wrote:
Avatar wrote:Haha, I wasn't born until the 70's and believe me, in conservative, religious apartheid South Africa, you saw them even less.

--A
Exactly. I already posted some numbers...last post on previous page. Here's another...despite the impression of seeing it more often, unless you are truly old it's a false impression...the last time the teen pregnancy rate was as low as 2011 was in 1946. And again: all the highest teen rates are in states with Abstinence only or primary, all the states with the lowest are with comprehensive sex ed.
Post some numbers, but from personal ancedotes, I can remember 1 sure pregnacy, possibly two, and both were 16+. None were ever under that age. SB went to a somewhat larger high school, he can recall whether that held true for him.
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Return to “Coercri”