Learning to play the guitar

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've come a long way from those Rock Band 3 days. I've been playing bass more often and am pretty happy with the progress I've made over the last couple years. Seems like everything is starting to make sense, and while I pretty much only play on Rocksmith, I'm playing a hell of a lot harder songs than I used to. Got a Green Day song that I got 100% on by the next day (which means playing the full song and played it without missing a note). They start you with an easier version of the song and ratchet it up until you're playing the real thing. I also got some Stray Cats songs (yep, the songs you'd expect - Rock This Town and Stray Cat Strut) and are about 90%. Much harder than the Green Day song. And I've been getting into funk a lot more, and loving it. No 100% on those lists, but in the 90% on most.
The neuropathy with the chemo plays havoc with my fingers, so I find I'm starting to decline a bit, but hopeful that feeling will return when I'm done with chemo. But I am enjoying the hell out of my bass guitar, and found that I really made the right move to switching instruments. Plus I've noticed that a lot of my favorite bands and songs have really strong bass parts, so I think I've been a fan of the bass for years.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

I'd like to have a bass guitar. Maybe once I've upgraded my Kay-ET100.

I've been learning a tune on the acoustic guitar and discovering some pretty cool chords along the way. The chords have a dreamy quality that sound so good I got a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus Pedal so as to make them sound even dreamier.

I've been tempted to get a new amplifier.
I bought a defunct Stagg 16W amp for pocket change last year. Got it up and running replacing the broken capacitors in the power supply, but, the volume control now jumps from 1 - 2 ¬ 3 to full on - 10. There's also a short circuit in the passive/active switch causing an additional fault in the Aux/In socket - and its baffling the hell out of me.
Now that the Chorus Pedal is in the post this should be an incentive to get the damn thing fixed.

Return to “Vespers”