Star Trek

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

mudgey

O'Hara

Post by mudgey »

That O'Hara woman on the bridge was some kind of hot babe. I used to watch largely hoping that there'd be some close up video of her at some points in the program. Scottie used to freak me out with his heavy Scottish brogue while Kirk was sooooo bad that he was actually good just for entertainment value. The Bones character was hilarious, too. What a bloody grinch he was!

Mudge
aTOMiC
Lord

Re: O'Hara

Post by aTOMiC »

mudgey wrote:That O'Hara woman on the bridge was some kind of hot babe. I used to watch largely hoping that there'd be some close up video of her at some points in the program. Scottie used to freak me out with his heavy Scottish brogue while Kirk was sooooo bad that he was actually good just for entertainment value. The Bones character was hilarious, too. What a bloody grinch he was!

Mudge
Greetings Mudge!

By O'Hara I'm guessing you mean 7 of 9. Jerri Ryan poured into a body suit. Yeah. That pretty memorable. I particularly liked the silver suit. :-)
I agree with everthing you've said. Nice start!
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out that O'Hara reference, too. Who the heck is that?

If you don't mean Seven of Nine, perhaps you're referring to Yeoman Rand from the original series? Grace Lee Whitney was the actress's name. I've seen her twice at conventions. She didn't hold up that well. :P
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Roland of Gilead wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to figure out that O'Hara reference, too. Who the heck is that?

If you don't mean Seven of Nine, perhaps you're referring to Yeoman Rand from the original series? Grace Lee Whitney was the actress's name. I've seen her twice at conventions. She didn't hold up that well. :P
Well I'm stumped. I just checked and Seven's human name is Annika Hansen. Roland, you are probably right. Grace was cute back in the day. I could go on for a while about the women of the original Star Trek. My favorite was Rayna from Requiem for Methuselah.
:-)

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

My favorite was probably Miramanee from The Paradise Syndrome, but Rayna would have been a contender, I agree. :)
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Miramanee. I agree. What a sad story. Kirk's child and his wife stoned to death. "Behold the god who bleeds."

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Come on, guys! Here's a hint: Communications Officer. "Lt. _____, put me on ship-wide."
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Of course Nichelle Nicoles was a babe. That is an easy one. :-)

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

I think the ladies on the original series had an unfair advantage over the later series. They got to wear those micro-mini-skirts. :P

(Fifty years old and I'm still a pig.) 8)
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Roland if you are a pig then we all are. Nothing wrong with that. :-)
I agree about the uniforms. Its an odd thing. Jeri Ryan wore a uniform that left the viewer with very few questions about what her body was shaped like. I guess its something about a short skirt. :-)

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Well, Shatterstar, I heard somewhere that as you age you're suppposed to get more enlightened or something like that, and be able to find the mini-skirts on Trek demeaning and implausible. Since I haven't changed my attitudes one iota since I first watched the show thirty years ago, I thought I should interject the "pig" comment. But thanks for the vote of support. :lol:

I prefer the mini-skirt over the skintight catsuit because I've been a leg-man all my life. In fact, the saddest period of my life was when the dreaded midi-skirt was all the rage in the early eighties.

Now mini-skirts seem to be making a comeback. For awhile, anyway. Since the nineties, womens' clothing styles don't seem to follow any discernible pattern at all. 8O
Mudgey

Post by Mudgey »

Maybe her name was O'Hura actually. ON the original series, she was the sassy black woman on the bridge!
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Mudgey wrote:Maybe her name was O'Hura actually. ON the original series, she was the sassy black woman on the bridge!
Dang it Mudgey. I should have guessed that! :-)

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Roland of Gilead wrote:Well, Shatterstar, I heard somewhere that as you age you're suppposed to get more enlightened or something like that, and be able to find the mini-skirts on Trek demeaning and implausible. Since I haven't changed my attitudes one iota since I first watched the show thirty years ago, I thought I should interject the "pig" comment. But thanks for the vote of support. :lol:

I prefer the mini-skirt over the skintight catsuit because I've been a leg-man all my life. In fact, the saddest period of my life was when the dreaded midi-skirt was all the rage in the early eighties.

Now mini-skirts seem to be making a comeback. For awhile, anyway. Since the nineties, womens' clothing styles don't seem to follow any discernible pattern at all. 8O
More enlightened? Maybe. I think we've all got the mind of a teenager lurking in the background of our thoughts. Its more fun that way. :-)
Ugh. Midi-skirts. :-)

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Mudge, her name was actually Uhura, a Swahili word meaning freedom.

And the fact that I know this satisfies my weekly geek points to maintain my Grade 5 clearance level. :P
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Roland of Gilead wrote:Mudge, her name was actually Uhura, a Swahili word meaning freedom.

And the fact that I know this satisfies my weekly geek points to maintain my Grade 5 clearance level. :P
:LOLS:

Wow. Grade 5 you say? You are my idol, sir.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I used to work in the classical room of a cd store, when I was about 31-32. One of our very regular customers was a guy of about 55. He, a coworker of about 25, and I were talking one day, looking out the big window into the main room, when a very attractive young lady in a short skirt walked past. The customer said, "Guys, I'm happily married, love my wife, wouldn't change a thing about my life. But that does exactly the same thing to me that it does to you." I was a little depressed, because I had always hoped that age would, for one reason or another, take that away to at least some degree, so I could be a little saner. I guess we're all doomed, Roland. :( :D

Regarding short skirts vs cat suits, I think the cat suit is great for showing what you're missing, but the skirt gives more promise of it, since it allows easier access. :mrgreen:

Anyway, Roland, you get the honor of longest username, when I make a little addition:
Roland the Pig - Thompson Gunner of Gilead

Now that's a nick!!! :)
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Fist, I don't understand the Thompson Gunner reference . . . so maybe in some ways, my age DOES betray me. :o

I agree with your 55 year old customer. In fact, what happens, I've learned, is that as I age I find the women around my own age STILL beautiful and sexy, but I also find the younger women attractive, too.

The end result is that the attractive "pool" just keeps getting larger and larger, to my eyes, at any rate, the older I get.

Doomed indeed. What a way to go, though. :P
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

(it's from a Warren Zevon song: Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner... :) )
fall far and well Pilots!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Roland of Gilead wrote:...the attractive "pool" just keeps getting larger and larger, to my eyes, at any rate, the older I get.
Same here. Just don't dive in the shallow end; you might get hurt.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”