2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

There's no way the Jags make it close; especially in Denver.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:Falcons decided to invest all their money in skilled offensive players, neglecting the o-line and the d-line. is Gonzalez worth 7 million this year?
It was a dice roll. One that worked last year and put the Falcons <---this --> close to a Superbowl. The Falcons injuries at this stage are more than usual even in the NFL. Who could predict that they would lose 3 defensive starters for the year in game 1 and 2 along with their star RB on offense for the next 5 games. Who would predict another 3 defensive injuries, and two offensive injuries the very next game? Who would predict that along with that the Falcons would also lose their star receiver (WR) for the year by game 5? Who would predict that the only other star receiver would be playing hobbled and end up needing 2 to three more weeks for a hamstring by game 5? No team has enough depth to take that many starters out all at the same time.

So was Gonzalez worth 7 million? I think so. Without all the injuries, the Falcons could easily be 4 - 1. Remembering that all the lost games were decided at the end of the game on the goal line. No blow outs.

There are some good things that will come out of this. Matt will be a better QB next year due to NOT having his stars WR's to throw to. The 2nd string is going to get significant snaps this year and that will help with our depth next year. The team will probably get better draft choices for next year. But they need to draft for the defense and a better Center on O. The Offense even with a weak line has shown it can put up points. What we need is a defense that can make stops and get turnovers.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote: Matt will be a better QB next year due to NOT having his stars WR's to throw to. The 2nd string is going to get significant snaps this year and that will help with our depth next year.
Those are very good points. Most of the very best of QB's do get better because of weaknesses forcing adaptation. [others, like Eli, we discover really are way over-rated just like we always thought] So I guess we'll find out if he has elite capacity. I kinda like the guy even though I'm not a Falcons fan by any measure.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I looked up Eli's career stats, he hasn't done much in 5 years or so. Stupid titles, w/o those, everyone would recognize he's pretty much sucked.

Jags kept it close, Peyton played almost below avg (3 TOs? Hurt me in fantasy, the bastard!).

Saints/Pats was an amazing game. I turned off after Pats missed 4th down and Saints had ball at Pats' 30. Turned back at 2 min warning, Saints had ball up 6, thought, yea, it's over. Somehow, Pats got the ball again at Saints' 20? Beautiful TD to win it. Awesome day in Beantown.

Nick Foles for the Eagles looked good. We got ourselves a controversy here.

How 'bout dem Texans. When a team w/that much talent sux so bad, time to fire the coach. I know Schaub basically forgot how to throw a football, but still, that defense sux as well.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Cybrweez wrote:Saints/Pats was an amazing game.
Had to watch that game on the radio, too bad. No one expected that comeback. I seriously don't know how the Patriots can beat the Saints and be 5 and 1 with the way that they are playing and with the players that they are left with. Can anyone explain it?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

It was almost the perfect Bye week. Saints lost, Bucs lost.. if only the Panthers had lost...

NE/Pats game was the only one I was able to watch. Saints defense and lack of clock management gave that one away. Dare I say it might have been some arrogance on the Saints side as well? At 2:16 when the Saints were hoisting the ball in Victory on the sidelines after the INT, my wife and I were saying, well how arrogant, the game isn't over. Pats offense gets the 3 and out and Brady drives down the field for the win with no timeouts remaining. Good football!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yes WF. Belichik is a good coach. Brady is an awesome QB. Home field advantage helps, and NFL is an up and down league now, each week you never know. And a great QB, great coach, and home field might just be enough to overcome roster issues. I think the job they did on Graham was the difference. 0 catches? Of course, Talib left the game w/an injury. I know other teams have injury concerns too, but Pats keep rolling despite them.

EDIT: speaking of coaching, Andy Reid 6-0, w/a dominant defense. 10 sacks of a mobile QB? WTH?? Here's hoping for two 9-0 teams in 5 weeks, Denver and KC.
--Andy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Cybrweez wrote: Here's hoping for two 9-0 teams in 5 weeks, Denver and KC.
That would be fun to see, even though I'm not a fan of either team.
I don't THINK that's ever happened. The highest I recall ever seeing was a few years ago the Pats were something like 8 or 9 and 0...the Colts one less, so 7 or 8 and 0....
I just checked...it hasn't AFAICT...and Pats/Colts was 8/0vs7/0.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

rackem frackem, #*&%^#()_@ 0-6 jaguars :x :x :x
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Vraith wrote:
Cybrweez wrote: Here's hoping for two 9-0 teams in 5 weeks, Denver and KC.
That would be fun to see, even though I'm not a fan of either team.
I don't THINK that's ever happened. The highest I recall ever seeing was a few years ago the Pats were something like 8 or 9 and 0...the Colts one less, so 7 or 8 and 0....
I just checked...it hasn't AFAICT...and Pats/Colts was 8/0vs7/0.

The Giants and the 49ers met in '89 or '90 when both were 10-0...49ers won the game, Giants won the superbowl
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dANdeLION wrote: The Giants and the 49ers met in '89 or '90 when both were 10-0...49ers won the game, Giants won the superbowl
I'm not gonna look it up, cuz sometimes I'm a lazy bastard....but I'm pretty sure they both lost in the same week after hella start...but not to each other...I'm fairly sure, cuz my dad is a giants fan, that they lost to someone who sucked that year.
Oh, hell...I will look it up.
Yep, they both lost...but not to each other that week.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Jesus the Ravens' O-line is missing Matt Birk.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Falcons finally get a much needed win. It was against a struggling 'Bucs team. However Ryan did put 31 points up on a Bucs team that gave the Saints a run for their money. I would have been even more lopsided if we didnt have yet another punt return gone bad that gave the ball up on the wrong side of the field. Still Matt Ryan shows that its not the elite WR's that make him a good QB. He still did a great job moving the chains without the star recievers. For a change the Defense showed up fairly strong and made TB settle for 3 more than once.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Refs chose the winner in Pats vs. Jets. Sets the record for most obscure rule used to hand a game to directly a team. Pats might have showed up for the the third quarter a little bit, and never have been in that position. But still.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Yea, hard to pin on one play. Brady throwin a pick six, no TDs. Offense is inconsistent, starting w/Brady. And missing Wilfork, Mayo and Talib, possibly best player at each level of D, hard to overcome over time.

The call was per the rule, tho apparently a ref had interpreted earlier something about "levels". Anyway, heard on NBC, 400+ FG attempts this year, that was the first.

How 'bout dem Colts tho? Great win. They may be for real. This also sets up the 2 games Broncos/Chiefs as being crucial, home field advantage will be real important. I think Pats droppin out of contender picture. Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, for now.

Not much changed in NFC, Seahawks and Saints. Tho the Niners seem to be coming back into form. They still host the 'Hawks.

Lotta injuries this week. Tough game.
--Andy

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Cybrweez wrote:Nick Foles for the Eagles looked good. We got ourselves a controversy here.
I don't think so; don't underestimate how bad the Bucs are.....
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

dANdeLION wrote:...don't underestimate how bad the Bucs are.....
Let me begin by saying that my intent is not to ruffle anyone's fur the wrong way...but objectively it would be hard to underestimate how bad the northern-most two of Florida's three teams are.

Glad it is not the 'Fins that are in this pickle. They may be no great shakes this year, but it would be a dire risk for me to ever criticize them...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Buc's coach stopped a former Buc's player from bringing grade school kids to practice. how soon til he is fired?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Savor Dam wrote:
dANdeLION wrote:...don't underestimate how bad the Bucs are.....
Let me begin by saying that my intent is not to ruffle anyone's fur the wrong way...but objectively it would be hard to underestimate how bad the northern-most two of Florida's three teams are.

Glad it is not the 'Fins that are in this pickle. They may be no great shakes this year, but it would be a dire risk for me to ever criticize them...
I disagree; I think it would be hard to overestimate how bad they are. I don't even watch the Bucs anymore; I watch the AFC game instead, and am way happier.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Detroit took one away from the Cowboys in an incredible last second play at the goal line. Just a great game!!!

Bengals put 49 on the Jets and show they are no joke this year.

Falcons are trying out for worst defense in the league.... at this point I think a HS team could score on the Falcons. They just cant overcome all the injuries this year. Its time to rethink their tactics of just having a couple of high dollar play-makers and nothing else in the off-season and draft a defensive pass-rush and a couple of offensive line guys that can protect the QB. If there was any doubt in my mind that the year is over for the Falcons, it is gone now.

Return to “Sports”