World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I decided to quit EVE online about a month ago and started up my WoW account again. I'm just pottering around at the moment, not really very focused on anything (which is probably when the game is most fun).

My main is a level 70 rogue and I'm getting tired of rogueing I might switch my main to another character with the expansion. I'm pleased they lowered the rep for heroic keys to Honored though, Revered was too far. Now I have my keys I have more options to upgrade his gear. My main focus with this character is to get a Nether Drake though, I've done the prequests but there's the little matter of saving up 5000 gold for 300 flying skill. I'm approaching the 3000 gold mark, but I've run out of solo quests so it's dailies and farming from here on in.

I also have a level 65 mage that I play sporadically (frost mage is a very relaxing class though) and a level 45 shadow priest, who may or may not be my next main.
Last edited by Nav on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

300 flying skill is worth every copper. (Now I just need to save up enough to finish building my Turbo-Charged Flying Machine.) Nether Drakes are awesome. I think I'm... friendly with the required factions - that's a lot of work.

Agreed on the keys. I need to start collecting badges, need to finish getting keyed for Kara. (I have the first two frags, but still need my Arc key.) So much to do...

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

yall are just talking gobbledy gook now. :P

lvl 21 achieved with much help from creator's shaman.

i named my cat Raymond. (how original)

figured out how to work leather but i hate it. might unlearn and
do something else. i prefer picking wild flowers so i might take up
alchemy. i hate skinning the cats when Ray is standing right there beside
me. sorta makes me cringe. :oops:

i'm not all that far into leatherworking anyhow...i just figured out today how to make stuff. sorta. :lol:

i went to the auction house but couldn't really figure out how to look for stuff.

i know i know...21 and i still don't know what i want to do with my life. :roll: :lol:

also i took up learning first aid and then realized i'd sold all the linen for the dang bandages. :biggrin:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I fed my tiger on tiger meat for about four levels, I wonder if he'll develop mad tiger disease?
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Nav wrote:I fed my tiger on tiger meat for about four levels, I wonder if he'll develop mad tiger disease?
:lol:

also i'm thinking of starting another character too...i want to do one of those cool night elves cause i want to ride one of those cool thingys that Stormblaze rides...also, last night in Auberdine i saw this night elf with THE COOLEST pet...dragonish thingy. 8O

ok...its a wind serpent... very very cool.

to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I think you have to be careful what kind of wind serpent you get. Some pets have a 'caster' type and a 'fighter' type and the caster ones are much weaker, I believe wind serpents are one of the types that have both.

I think the prettiest pets are the spore bats in Zangarmarsh, but they aren't very good unfortunately. With my blood elf hunter I went and tamed the black and red boss scorpion from the proving grounds in Durotar.
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

I don't do hunters, I have two characters, a lv. 20 Night Elf Druid, and a lv. 17 Mage Draenai.
The night elf has skinning and leatherworking, which is good for me as a druid, since I can only wear cloth and leather. As a hunter, you probably do want to go with something else.
The mage draenai has enchanting and tailoring, since I can only wear cloth, it's also advantageous to be able to make my own clothing.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Leatherworkers can actually make some good mail items later on, so you don't necessarily stop being able to make your own armor if you're a hunter or shaman.

I'm not sure what to do about my professions, some of my characters are all mixed up. When I started I knew I wanted to be an enchanter and it didn't occur to me to take a gathering skill without the accompanying crafting skill, so I took tailoring. My alts are a mage and a priest so it has been very handy to make stuff for them and being able to craft 18 slot bags is always useful. Unfortunately in the Burning Crusade, most of the high level tailoring items are BoP so I can't give them to my mage.

I've thought about dropping tailoring and taking leatherworking so I can take advantage of BoP LW items. The trouble is, I'd need a fairly high level character to do the skinning for me as I don't want to drop enchanting. My priest has mining and blacksmithing (why I thought blacksmithing was a good idea I don't know, I even have a warrior who does skinning and leatherworking) and BS is a real pain to level. I may drop it for skinning to a) help me level and b) make him a farming machine!
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

i'm thinking of dropping my advanced comp class for the third semester in a row...i could use the extra night of the week to build the Night Elf character!!! :D

JUST KIDDING!!!!! :P
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

lol. Lucimay, stay in class.
I've been having trouble finding time to play too. I think my guild members are starting to wonder about me and my roommate, she's even busier than I am....
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Profession-wise, my favorite is engineering. It is not easy or popular, and I know a lot of people that got it up pretty high, then got frustrated and ditched it for Jewelcraft. The downside to engineering is that it is very expensive to learn. There are very few items that you can sell, because most engineering items can only be used by engineers, and they can make their own. With mining as the logical second profession, you can make good money by selling some of your metal. The only other professions I have seriously worked on are tailoring and enchanting. Tailoring is not recommended for a hunter, and I am finding enchanting a bit frustrating.
Alchemy is good, potions are always useful and there is always a good market for them. Also, herbalism is one of the less common gathering skills. If you're in a party you will often be the only herbalist, whereas everyone mines.

And not to attempt to dissuade you, Luci, from playing a night elf, it's my personal favorite race to play; but there are three ways your Draenai can get a cat mount.

You can become exalted with the night elves, after which they will sell you any of their mounts. That's a lot of work.

You can get the PvP cat mount (black war tiger), which is fairly easy to get. Downside: not available until level 60.

You can become exalted with the Frostsaber Handlers and get a Winterspring Frostsaber. Also only available at level 60, and an insane amount of work.

The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

I never liked the epic cats that much. They look too much like He-Mans mount. I used to have a macro that said "by the power of castle greyskull" every time I mounted.

Honestly, I think the coolest alliance epics are the Rams. (Sounds bad, but take a look at one first) Followed by Robo-Chickens.

Of course, nothing is cooler than an undead Charger.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Irvea and Raymond

to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

wow luci, if we weren't on different servers, we'd be in the same place right now...assuming you're still in the inn at blood watch...
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

yep!! god i hate bloodmyst isle. blech!!! i did finish my last quest there last night and got my tabard from The Prophet!! :biggrin: and they all had a party for me when the prophet came!! with chickens squakin and all kinds of hoodah!!! :lol: it was fun. plus i did the tabard! and the prophet game me a cool ring too!! :D
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Lucimay wrote:yep!! god i hate bloodmyst isle. blech!!! i did finish my last quest there last night and got my tabard from The Prophet!! :biggrin: and they all had a party for me when the prophet came!! with chickens squakin and all kinds of hoodah!!! :lol: it was fun. plus i did the tabard! and the prophet game me a cool ring too!! :D
Awesome! Congrats! Where're you off to next? I still need to do a bit on Bloodmyst; hit level 18 today. Trying to get as much as I can done this weekend, cause when I start my new job next week it's gonna seriously cut into my WoW time. :P

Ray is cute! :biggrin:

Here's a blurry little pic of me and my cat:

And one of Storm in Nagrand, which is in my opinion one of the coolest zones in the game. Gotta love the random bits of landscape floating in mid-air.

magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

yeah, I hit lv. 18 yesterday afternoon, so I've got a ways to go on Bloodmyst as well....I'm starting to hate it....can't wait until I'm done.
I'm looking forward to next week though, its spring break, so I can spend a lot of time working on leveling.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:Where're you off to next? I still need to do a bit on Bloodmyst; hit level 18 today. Trying to get as much as I can done this weekend, cause when I start my new job next week it's gonna seriously cut into my WoW time. :P
i have no idea where i'm off to next. darkshore i'd imagine. i've got some quests there already and i have some over in gnome-land where i went
hunting the snow leopard last saturday. did i tell ya about that???
what a fiasco. i didn't know i still had my original cat...i thought i'd lost him. i didn't realize that to get rid of a pet you had to actually ABANDON them. :( so...when i was trying to tame the 8 lvl snow leopard, after many tries and and taking a helluva beating as they are feisty and don't want to be tamed, i actually succeded i think and the game said "you have too many pets already"!!!! 8O
so..i've had raymond since like 5 or 6 levels ago and just realized i needed to resurrect him!! :lol: so i did.
then i found the place where you "abandon" your pet. and quite frankly,
i thought that would be mean. so i couldn't. so i didn't. so now i've got to figure out how to train him.
i went to exodar and got as much pet training as i could. think i need to be level 24 to get some more.
but it says he's got 76 training points on him. what does that mean?
i think i am missing something.

anyhow...i've been to darnassus and i dug it over there. i'd like to go there next but i've already got several darkshore quests.
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Ahh... glad ya didn't lose him. A pet will abandon you if its happiness level drops too low, for example if you rezz it multiple times without feeding it. Once you hit 'best friend' level I imagine it would take awhile for that to happen. Don't know personally, but I know someone who lost their cat that way - died a bunch of times in a row in a dungeon she was too low level to be in in the first place.

Anyway - training. Since you got everything you could from the NPC trainer, you need to start capturing new critters and learning skills from them. Look in the guide I linked awhile back, and find a good skill - cats can learn bite and claw, and then dash and prowl at higher levels. Put Raymond in the stable, tame the beastie that has the skill you want, then hunt with it until the skill transfers to you. Doesn't usually take too long. After you have it you can teach it to Raymond. Don't name the trainer pet or get too attached to it, because you will have to abandon it.

Stables: there's one in almost every major town, usually by the Inn. You can buy up to two slots. The first one is cheap, the second one costs a bit more. With two slots you can have up to three pets; one active and two in the stable. I recommend having two pets, and using the second slot as a 'swing' slot for training. You don't have to choose a second pet right away, Ray can cover all your pet-related needs, and later on when you've been to a few more zones and see something awesome that you've gotta have, you've got the free spot.

Hope that all made sense. 8O

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

yes of course! it made perfect sense!! :biggrin: its so great to have you as a wow mentor, Cap'n!! :biggrin:
to one of them?