2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cybrweez wrote:Tebow gets a lot of attention, but I think he just put together a better passing game than either Ryan or Flacco has all year. No one expects Tebow to be good passer, but these other 2 are supposed to be good, young QBs, and they are both having bad years, particularly Flacco. I don't know why there isn't more hand wringing about their poor play than Tebow.
There is alot of hand wringing about Ryan. He has not improved his long game at all. His short game continues to be good but he has poor velocity in his long throws and his accuracy on long throws isnt good. I personally had hoped that he would improve on those in the last couple of years.
Cybrweez wrote: Great NYG/GB game. Manning leads them down for tying TD and 2 pt conv, w/:58 secs left. Only, that's enough time for Rodgers to get them to chip shot FG range. GB defense is horrible, but hasn't stopped them yet.
I agree. GREAT game! I thought someone had finally brought down GB but nope.. they are still showing why they are undefeated. They dont play perfect but they know how to win.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Rodgers is a Robot. We may be witnessing the single greatest season ever by a QB.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Mr. Broken wrote:Rodgers is a Robot. We may be witnessing the single greatest season ever by a QB.
Agree. Their defense has been scaring me a bit lately, cuz at this point it would be a shame if they don't go undefeated.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Not looking forward to Thursday night.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Now you can be happy. That was a horrible call by the officials taking the reception away from the Steelers.

And I fucking hate the Steelers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Cail wrote:Now you can be happy. That was a horrible call by the officials taking the reception away from the Steelers.

And I fucking hate the Steelers.
They'll sure flag the Browns for roughing the passer, but nothing for helmet to helmet on McCoy.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Once again cheap shots win the day in Pittsburgh, hopefully the league actually punishes James Harrison with a suspension, but they will probably just fine him like always. He should have been ejected after all the warnings he has received, I wonder why they tolerate him. Oh yeah I remember why ;)
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Doing the math, in the last 3 games between the Browns, and Steelers, and found dirt. Josh Cribbs, Mohamed Massoquai, Owen Marecic, Ben Watson, and Colt McCoy all suffered concussions. Thats 5 players , and of those 5, 3 were the result of James Harrisons head hunting.

Josh Cribbs (ear hole shot from the side by James Harrison, unflagged because Cribbs was an RB, but no attempt to tackle, just an obvious lowering of the helmets crown to inflict damage on a key member of the Browns offense.) Cribbs was left unconcious, and twitching on the field. After the game Harrison explained that the game plan for the day was to remove Cribbs from the game, and was quoted as saying " I put him asleep".

Mo Mass (speared by launching head shot from Harrison during pass reception) This not only took the Browns #1 receiver from the game, but I believe 2 other games as well.

Most recently Colt McCoy ( Head shot directly in the face mask from Harrison) McCoy not only suffered a concussion, but a broken hand, and amnesia. He does not remember the hit, or anything that happened after in the 4th Qtr.

So Harrison and his style of "play" is definitely a big part of the problem, but not the whole problem. Ben Watson TE ( arguably the Browns most reliable receiver, and that would mean that they had 1, and now they have none) left the most recent game after an unflagged, and completely unmentioned blind side helmet to helmet shot from Jason Worilds. Un flagged but not un noticed. No telling really what happend to Marecic, the commentators were too busy discussing Big Ben, and how tough he was, to wonder why the Browns players were dropping like flys ( 3 concussions in one game) all on Browns offensive players.

In my opinion the problem is with coaching, and Mike Tomlin needs to be held responsible for coaching his defensive goon squad to injure as a means to win.
Wide Eyed Stupid
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

You wanna put butts back in the seats in Tampa?
Talk Tony Dungy out of retirement and acquire Peyton Manning after Indy drafts Luck. If they do nothing else I guarantee sellouts again. Beats the crap out of this unwatchable BS they are trying to ram down our throats. IMHO of course.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Redskins hosed by bogus roughing the passer call. Explanation doesnt match the replay. The hit was completely clean.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

49ers screwed by officials on bogus challenge call by Cardinals.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

It seems the Browns are now changing their version of events thursday night, no concussion test was given to Colt McCoy before he returned to the game, if this is true Pat Shurmur deserves to be dismissed monday morning. The Browns are not the Steeler's, they cannot afford the anything to win mentality.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Tim Tebow. First time I got to watch it all, and it went according to script. NE is up next, we'll see how far this goes against prolific offense. However, Bear defense much tougher than NE, and he put up 10 pts in under 5 mins.

Marion Barber, are you kidding? I hope someone watched over him last nite.

Eagles can still win the division. Who would've thought the NFC East would mirror NFC West from last year? Has the potential.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Honest to god, Tim has beaten exactly 1 good team, and almost none of it has been him [honestly, someone is gonna give him credit, just counting the last game, cuz his kicker tied with a 59 yard field goal? and won it for him with a 51-yarder? You don't think the credit belongs to the kicker who is 3rd place all time in 50+ yarders [his percent at that distance is just over 70% I think].
Now, I'm not one who's going to say he's a piece of crap...almost anyone who even makes it to a career back-up player in the NFL has something well above the average schmoe...but it isn't him who's doing the heavy lifting.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Sorry, but there's one difference b/w Denver at 1-4 and Denver at 7-1 - Tebow. The defense and kicker were there during 1-4 start. Denver had FG blocked and Gould hit a 57 yarder for Bears as well. Long FGs in Denver BTW are not a rare occurrence, as this game showed. Remember Elam?

And I'm not saying only Tebow is responsible - I mentioned Barber. If he stays in bounds, unlikely Broncos have any time to tie the game. But the fact is, these crazy scenarios keep happening, and he keeps delivering. And the animosity and attempts to downplay it (I read some of the Bears' statements about Tebow) only enhance the amazement.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Have a seat Mr. Harrison, apparently I'm not the only person sick of your head hunting.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Did you know that the league employ's a "special observer" at every game, to call down to the sideline if they suspect a head injury has gone undiagnosed?
Did you know that for at least 2 seasons the league has asked officials to pay close attention to players who have been involved in helmet to helmet collisions to better insure player safety?
The league is going to come after the Browns because of their mishandling of the Colt McCoy concussion, and if these allegations are true they should , but it seems they have some explaining to do as well.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I am enjoying the Tebow surge! loved him in college and root for his continued success.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

sgt.null wrote:I am enjoying the Tebow surge! loved him in college and root for his continued success.
Ive never been a fan, but I admire anyone who does what most people think they cant.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Vraith wrote:Honest to god, Tim has beaten exactly 1 good team, and almost none of it has been him [honestly, someone is gonna give him credit, just counting the last game, cuz his kicker tied with a 59 yard field goal? and won it for him with a 51-yarder? You don't think the credit belongs to the kicker who is 3rd place all time in 50+ yarders [his percent at that distance is just over 70% I think].
Now, I'm not one who's going to say he's a piece of crap...almost anyone who even makes it to a career back-up player in the NFL has something well above the average schmoe...but it isn't him who's doing the heavy lifting.
This is a matter of interpretation it is true, but it makes sense to me. Barber was pressing due to Tebow. In fact the Bears were pressing due to Tebow. It's kind of like the second effort that causes the fumble, or the sprint to try to turn the corner that takes you too close, too fast to the sideline where the defender can easily push you out of bounds even as you try to fall down. Barber was trying so hard to win the game -- and he damn near did, and might have on either one of those plays if they had been only slightly different. But playing with that kind of energy, almost a nervous or frenetic energy, puts you at a disadvantage and allows bad things to happen. Playing with confidence and determination brings power; channeling fear into your game brings weakness. It's kind of like the movie "The Hustler" -- winning is a heavier burden than losing, it takes strength.

Return to “Sports”