What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

No, but I vaguely recollect some cyborg-ness about him that I couldn't quite dredge up from my memories of the dream...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Zombie Cyborg SRD is way more awesome than my latest nightmare theme, which involves arguing philosophy with human-sized taxidermied hamsters in the clothing department of a mall built in an active volcano at the end of the world.

Which is still better than work-related nightmares, because I can wake up and say 'yep, that was a dream' instead of having to run it through the 'did-that-really-happen?' filter.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

DavidJones
Servant of the Land

Post by DavidJones »

All these nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence are hunting me in my dreams :D
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Julie and I were exploring what turned out to be a ancient Mayan theme park. details are hazy but cool ancient rides were involved.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I dreamt that I was working for one of two brothers. There were two paper mills for sale in the same town. The one brother I worked for bought one mill in a harbor deeper in land and the other bought the mill closer to the ocean. This was in the 1890's, btw. The brother I was working for (who is apparently ussusimiel) decided to take half his mill workers and go off sailing (whaling?) to make money. I remained with the other half working at the mill. But we were also touring the local towns and guess who I was touring the trinket shops with? Null!!!!! But he and I decided it was tourist crap (he was looking for comic books) and left to go back to work. But when we got back to work at the mill things were bad. Gossip, backstabbing and devious things going on. Then U. and his whaling crew came back from fishing. We were all sitting around the table drinking beer and I could see the mill crew plotting and planning to do something bad to the ones that were back from fishing. I asked U. if I could go with them next time they were sailing and he said, no that women were bad luck on a ship. So I decided to go take a walk and decide what to do and how to protect the sailing crew from what I knew. I walked through town and was standing at the inlet near the ocean where the other brother owned the other mill. He was talking to one of his mill workers and I saw him take out a gun and kill his worker.

the end.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I wish I could remember dreams in more detail. Every once in a while I will have really good recall of a dream when I wake up, but most of the time I just have a vague memory of what I was dreaming about.

One of my recurring dreams is of composing incredible music with a huge orchestral scope. I really wish I had good recall of those when they happen...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I rarely remember such detail like the one above.

I have a recurring dream, about 2-3 times a week where I wake up nervous that someone will find out I never finished college. But I finished college so clearly it is a different message.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lorin - did I find any comic books?

not sure if anyone has ever dreamt about me before...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I've had several dreams in the past week that I remember in detail, which is unusual. Last night I dreamed that I fell asleep on the train on my way to work and knew that I was going to miss my stop but couldn't wake up in time. I ended up getting off the train on the other side of the bay, and when I turned around to catch a train going back the other way, the entire station had vanished. I was in a park that doesn't exist in the real world, but it seemed familiar somehow. I wandered around and eventually came upon a small town - which also doesn't exist but was familiar.

Then my alarm went off, and I'm still trying to figure out if the location was entirely dream-based, or if it was someplace I've been in the distant past.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was just dreaming about a convention that had "living" and "dead" programming tracks. The dead side of the convention must have been taking place in some kind of afterlife. A living author was able to give a talk to dead panel attendees by being put in an induced diabetic coma. Strange idea for my subconscious to have come up with.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Spiders. Spiders everywhere. So. Many. Spiders.

I guess that's what I get for cleaning under my sink right before bed, though I only found one spider, and it really wasn't a nightmare-grade specimen.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I used to live in a place where we had to relocate 5 or 6 spiders every time one of us wanted to shower.

Found a rain spider there on my ceiling once that was bigger than a 2l ice-cream tub.

Fortunately, spiders don't bother me at all. :D

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I don't have a problem with spiders in general, but that's horror movie material right there.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: The GF has serious arachnophobia. Living in that place was constant fun. :D

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I have dreams of being jobless. and to make it worse in the dreams I can remember having great jobs like dinosaur hunter.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I had a very realistic dream last night that two or maybe three thugs were pounding on the front door and telling me what horrendous things were going to happen when they got in. So I thought to hell with it, and went to the door to tell them I would open it shortly. When I went to get shoes on, I woke up.

It may be a side effect to coming off antibiotics. I was unable to sleep last night as if buzzing with amphetamine, and also twitching intermediately from muscle spasms. Impossible to sleep. Then finally I do and I get the horrors! Yeesh!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

sgt.null wrote:I have dreams of being jobless. and to make it worse in the dreams I can remember having great jobs like dinosaur hunter.
That's a common nightmare theme for me as well - the jobless part, not the dinosaur hunter. Is that a paleontologist type of dinosaur hunter, or a well-armed time traveler?

JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I dreampt last night about receiving a gift of a snowy white Fleece jacket. Later in the dream I was gifted a pair of snowy white gloves. Then later still, a snowy white Trapper's Hat - (said to help hide my face when out robbing. As if!).

On wakening I couldn't help but wonder if maybe there was the remotest possibility that I just might have had a prescient glimpse of a premonition concerning this coming winter's weather conditions.
Then I remembered my very own (dark grey and flecked with white) Fleece that I'd bought last November, hung in the coat closet unworn, because of the mild winter we had. <sigh>
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I had a dream about being at a convention where SRD was promoting his new book, which was a picture book about Texas. Then the convention center became a fallout shelter and everyone was doing LSD and talking about the end of the world. Then I was running through a post-apocalyptic city, with ten minutes to get to work and no buses running.

And then my alarm went off. I don't think I've ever had an actual dream that featured SRD before, and I am really disappointed that my imagination couldn't summon something Gap-themed.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Last night I dreamed that I was at a scifi convention (which seems to be the setting for my weirdest dreams these days, though it's never the same place). I was feeling a bit self-conscious because I was the only person wearing a costume, when I realized that I was in the wrong place; I had somehow ended up at a black tie event for a museum or an art gallery or something. Everyone was ignoring me, and I couldn't tell if I was invisible, or if they were just being snobbish. I finally found my way outside, and the building vanished - I was standing in a field under a clear night sky.

Then my alarm went off.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”