2011 N.F.L. Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Chicago Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd resides in federal custody tonight after attempting to arrange for the weekly purchase of 5-10 kilograms of cocaine, and 1000lbs. of marijuana, yes I said weekly. Street value $575,000 , yes I said weekly. .... but wait it gets better, he has also provided authorities with a list containing a "double digit" number of his NFL clients.
Wide Eyed Stupid
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Vraith wrote:Honest to god, Tim has beaten exactly 1 good team, and almost none of it has been him [honestly, someone is gonna give him credit, just counting the last game, cuz his kicker tied with a 59 yard field goal? and won it for him with a 51-yarder? You don't think the credit belongs to the kicker who is 3rd place all time in 50+ yarders [his percent at that distance is just over 70% I think].
Now, I'm not one who's going to say he's a piece of crap...almost anyone who even makes it to a career back-up player in the NFL has something well above the average schmoe...but it isn't him who's doing the heavy lifting.
So, why exactly are you whining about Tebow? That's not fair, because he isn't out there trying to take the credit for the Bronco's winning streak. If you don't like him, fine. It means you should seriously think about why you don't like him, but hey, that's your issue, not mine. From where I'm sitting, Tebow is one of the few admirable guys in the league, and a refreshing departure from the knuckleheads Mr. Broken keeps pointing out.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

dANdeLION wrote:
Vraith wrote:Honest to god, Tim has beaten exactly 1 good team, and almost none of it has been him [honestly, someone is gonna give him credit, just counting the last game, cuz his kicker tied with a 59 yard field goal? and won it for him with a 51-yarder? You don't think the credit belongs to the kicker who is 3rd place all time in 50+ yarders [his percent at that distance is just over 70% I think].
Now, I'm not one who's going to say he's a piece of crap...almost anyone who even makes it to a career back-up player in the NFL has something well above the average schmoe...but it isn't him who's doing the heavy lifting.
So, why exactly are you whining about Tebow? That's not fair, because he isn't out there trying to take the credit for the Bronco's winning streak. If you don't like him, fine. It means you should seriously think about why you don't like him, but hey, that's your issue, not mine. From where I'm sitting, Tebow is one of the few admirable guys in the league, and a refreshing departure from the knuckleheads Mr. Broken keeps pointing out.
It wasn't him I was whining about, and I didn't blame him. It's the media and analyst approach that seems disproportionately non-objective.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Someone correct me if Im wrong but I believe the Bronco's were 1-4 with Orton, 7-1 with Tebow. Just sayin.
Wide Eyed Stupid
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Vraith wrote: It wasn't him I was whining about, and I didn't blame him. It's the media and analyst approach that seems disproportionately non-objective.
Well, you never mentioned the media in your post, only Tebow, and the kicker....Prater, isn't it? Anyway, the media has been disproportionately non-objective ever since....well, forever.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

The Falcons killed the Jags in last nights game. The Falcons played good ball but the lopsided win was more due to the Jags being that bad. Jags QB dropped the ball twice in sacks that resulted in a Falcons TD each time. Another dropped ball on a punt resulted in a recovery by Atlanta on the Jags 10 yard line and yet another TD.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Worst officiated season ever.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The league cannot continue to claim that they are doing everything they can to protect the athletes, and in particular QB's , and then blindly ignore a late shot on a QB, that is out of bounds. Now I'm not saying that the Browns would have won yesterday if this call had been made, but Tom Brady would have gotten that call, Rogers the robot would have gotten that call. Seneca Wallace has maybe (and I'm being generous here) maybe 10% of the time. Just call the game evenly, that's all I'm asking.
Wide Eyed Stupid
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Tebow had me worried.

For ten minutes or so, anyway.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Browns always relevant in AFC North for all the wrong reasons. Both the Ravens , and Steelers have to play them again. Win either, and you salvage a small piece of the season. At least in Cleveland.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

All right Cail, ready for round two?
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's a simple, demonstrable fact that Tom Brady is a crybaby who's favored by the league. He gets calls that no other quarterback gets. It sucks, but Brady's the Golden Boy, and he's going to be protected because he brings money to the Patriots and the league. Manning was protected the same way, and just think about the revenue being lost by his butt sitting this season out.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Nice avatar, arguably Mr. Piper's best film.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Has Cleveland's coach ever watched a football game? WTF was he thinking at the end of the half?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

And has Cleveland's defensive line ever watched a football game? No way Baltimore was going to run a play on that 4th & 2.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Thats what happens when your front office forces a guy in at head coach who never even coached a high school team, oh and then just for good measure, have him pull double duty as the O.C. as well. Rookie coach, rookie lineman, Christmas in Cleveland. In Cleveland we are forced to pay top dollar for ineptitude, if we dont they will take our team , again, and then tell us how it is our fault.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Drew Breezy makes it look so easy, now " Dan Marino can die of gonorrhea, and burn in hell." Ray Finkle.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Congrats Lions. Hope they make some noise in the playoffs. Gritty comeback by Pats, maybe they are a threat in playoffs. Eagles came close, and I think everyone else is glad they didn't make it.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Browns players have been forbidden retaliation against Pittsburgh James "Headhunter" Harrison for the cheapshot that ended the young QB's season. Anyone found to be intentionally going after Harrison will be suspended (by the Browns) for the first game of next season. However an anonymous Browns player has since remarked that no one said anything about going after their QB. Hopefully the Browns show "Big Ben" the same degree of sportsmanship the Steelers have shown them. Personally I hope they break his leg this time.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

So ends another pathetic season for the Browns, Im sure we'll give em hell in the draft. More likely we'll do something stupid like pass on Ben Rothlesburger, to draft Kellen Winslow Jr. Yes we did that.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”