Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bah. You have any idea how hard it is to frame such things in a way that doesn't come out wrong? For example, I clearly remember at one point intending to mention 'special cases'; war, for example, would depend on the person, as most would simply have been following the command of another. Cases where things were done because the person truly believed it to be right would have a similar status (that's the real reason I tried to start from an "if they think they deserve it" standpoint, but i got bogged down in the bad points of such an approach).
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:Bah. You have any idea how hard it is to frame such things in a way that doesn't come out wrong? For example, I clearly remember at one point intending to mention 'special cases'; war, for example, would depend on the person, as most would simply have been following the command of another. Cases where things were done because the person truly believed it to be right would have a similar status (that's the real reason I tried to start from an "if they think they deserve it" standpoint, but i got bogged down in the bad points of such an approach).
Even so, there are deities who do not put forth morality commands for their followers, so it's up to Maeror to judge these people - the man who murdered 300 people in cold blood because he is a killer for hire and worships Vadhaka should get paradise or not, for example? He follows the god of murderers, so as far as he is concerned, he did well...

Nevertheless, I'm sure your fellow deities will be understanding :D
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Why didn't anyone warn me being god of death would involve all this trouble?
Then again, this is precisely the reason Vadhaka asked for a special arrangement to be made... I will reconsider his proposal.

And again: Who rules Altrar? I ask because I had an idea concerning the map.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:Why didn't anyone warn me being god of death would involve all this trouble?
Then again, this is precisely the reason Vadhaka asked for a special arrangement to be made... I will reconsider his proposal.

Altrar is ruled by Adomorn.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

'Join the Undead' is what I say.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Murrin wrote:Why didn't anyone warn me being god of death would involve all this trouble?

You mean to say that my dear prophet Rilu suffered such pain due to a misunderstanding?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

If so, I was unaware of it. If it was painful, then it should not have been so. I offer oblivion, not suffering.
(Xar, add 'notable persons' to the 'special cases' list. If someone high-profile dies, I want to pass judgement personally, to make sure that no more mistakes are made.)
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Maeror, can you check your PMs please? Come to think of it, I didn't receive a response from the last one I sent you a couple weeks ago, either.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Sorry, I tend to take my time with these things. Your earlier message, I took into account in my moves for that week, and though I probably should have, I didn't think to respond.
I have an idea in the area of what your new message was about, and I'm trying to make up my mind on some details. I'll get back to you.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Murrin wrote:Then again, this is precisely the reason Vadhaka asked for a special arrangement to be made... I will reconsider his proposal.
*bows* I am pleased to hear it. I look forward to hearing your proposed terms.

And yes, I see no justice in allowing people to be penalised for following the dictates of their god. As the AllFather points out, by obeying, they are being good, and deserving of their rewards in this life and the next.

If that is not so, then there is not much point is there? If, by ordering our followers to carry out our commands, we condemn them, why should they believe in us?
Death To All Fanatics!
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

All the gods feel within their spirits the ghastly cries of inhuman suffering of several of the souls of their dead as they are consumed by Maeror
Surely this does not affect me in anyway. All my dead become undead.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Get off Nor Yekith's back, everyone! ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

*climbs off Nor's back*
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Stonemaybe wrote:*climbs off Nor's back*
:lol:
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin
Location: In a tavern somwhere... gambling, probably drinking a good brew.

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

Were you giving piggyback rides without telling me?

I don't appreciate being out of the loop. :(
Who says everything has to happen for a reason? Sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing in your future is set in stone, and your story is what you make of it. Make it good, make it interesting, and Lady Luck will smile upon you.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Were you giving piggyback rides without telling me?
More a case of hagridden I think! :lol:

Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

Ahh, well I'll dedicate my next turn to creating Lunesta, then. (ya, know... so he can sleep well. So the nightmares don't bug him... or something.)

Poor thing.
Who says everything has to happen for a reason? Sometimes things just fall into place. Nothing in your future is set in stone, and your story is what you make of it. Make it good, make it interesting, and Lady Luck will smile upon you.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Poor thing.
I agree. *tickles Nor under the chin*

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Just as a curiosity... does Undine really mandate that any sailor in his navy should have his "bits chopped off", as so colorfully described in the game thread?
Chisi La'Roo
Woodhelvennin

Post by Chisi La'Roo »

I hope not!!

Return to “Pantheon”