The "How long can you RESIST buying/reading FR?" c

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

Sorry - my Bad!

(did we really give secrets away???) Twas not my intent.. It's just the questions were posted here and if I wanted to reply, I kinda had to reply here..

But hopefully the good people who haven't read the 3rd Chrons will do so in good speed so ther won't be any drama
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.
Turiya
Stonedownor

Post by Turiya »

*nods* Will do. Sorry. I should have checked the classifications before posting.

D'oh!
If...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

A couple more chapters to go...

Whew....
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Go Cag!
Go Cag!!
Go Cag!!!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Lord Frith, I have 16 pages to go. I would have finished it this morning if I didn't have to go into work. Hopefully will have time tonight, although I hear the girlfriend is having friends over tonight when I have an early day tomorrow. Blah.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Excellent, Cag! I hope the journey through FR has been worth it for you.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

I got it the first day and read it within two. Argghh, I have not enough patience. Gotta find something to read for two years and nine months. :(
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I finally finished it on Thursday. Overall, I'd say it is a fit for the rest of the Covenant series. I hate to say it felt too long to me, but it felt too long to me. Still, it was enjoyable. The best part is that now I can go into the Fatal Revenant forum and read everything.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Cagliostro wrote:I finally finished it on Thursday. Overall, I'd say it is a fit for the rest of the Covenant series. I hate to say it felt too long to me, but it felt too long to me. Still, it was enjoyable. The best part is that now I can go into the Fatal Revenant forum and read everything.
No, first you have to answer me these questions three, ere the Fatal Revenant forum you see.
B&
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

I can wait for a very long time..if i live i could even wait untill book four comes out. I did the same thing with the dark tower series..i couldnt stand waiting for the next book so i put the whole thing on hold. ..but now that im coming here..damn.i dont know how long i will be able to wait..i keep asking questions that i have a feeling im going to find out about in FR. it will be at least 3-4 months for me..i still have not read the first chapter posted on SRDs website.... that will be my first step..and 15 minutes later i will be on my way to Barnes & Noble. but for now.... I am holding off.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Foamy is reading FR. 8O :D
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Farm Ur-Ted
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Farm Ur-Ted »

Still resisting; of course, it's not hard to do when the hardback (and the e-book) is pushing $30.
Roach trotted over to sniff at the gleaming phlegm, then licked it up.

The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I live in Africa. In a city of more than a million people there is nothing like Borders (nor Starbucks, Wal-Mart, Circuit City...in fact, you can't even buy a new car) So I have to wait. However, I happen to be going to my sister's wedding next week in the good ol' USA!!! So, I'll buy it, read it in two nights, then be disgruntled for a couple days as I realize how long it's going to be till #2 comes out.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

im going to lose... my B-day is coming up and FR is going to be a great gift, which i know someone is getting me..or at least a gift card for it :) Im Tired of accidently reading spoilers ..when i see the black spoiler lines i cant help highlighting them. so far i have been lucky and nothing important has slipped..but i know my luck with that will come to an end.
Carson Napier
Woodhelvennin

Post by Carson Napier »

Paperback is out on 31/05/2008, I will buy it and Runes then...and descend upon them both like Na-Mhoram's Grim...I can wait no longer (which is all your fault). :biggrin:
"The Bloodguard do not forgive"
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Heh. . . I haven't read Runes yet (though I own it), and I don't know when I will get to it. I promised myself that I would reread the 1st and 2nd Chrons before moving on. So obviously I haven't even thought of FR yet. However, I am going to go meet SRD the first weekend in May, and I am desperately hoping that no one at the event spoils things for me by asking questions about Runes or FR. :cross:

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

still havent read FR, Im going to use my Gift card today if i can find one available at B&N, otherwise i will have to wait for the paperback also. currently in the middle of PTP so the reading will at least be a week or more off..unless i can prevent myself from reading it, the preventing part is really easy.... i almost have anxiety about reading it in the first place so it helps ;)
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Wyldewode wrote:However, I am going to go meet SRD the first weekend in May, and I am desperately hoping that no one at the event spoils things for me by asking questions about Runes or FR. :cross:
Do you rave? :E

A bunch of SRD fans get together and they don't discuss the 3rd Chrons?
:)
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Well...i havent read FR yet..but today i bought both Runes and Fatal Revenant, guess how much i paid for the hard back version of FR at Barnes and Noble.. I couldnt believe my eyes...i almost bought all 7 copies available, it was only $4.89 how is that possible? ..i paid $16 for runes and i asked for the Hard cover edition and he said there wasnt one released.. did they have a limited edition hard cover for Runes?

anyway..im still not reading it. ive read the entire cover and the sleeve and now i have it sitting on my shelf face out just waiting.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”