Thought about power

Book 2 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, Seareach

Endymion9
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Endymion9 »

wayfriend wrote:If there is any one thing that I am sure of -- that I believe with a religous fanatic obstinacy -- it's that the Final C's will end with a triumph. And it'll be a bigger one than the previous two.

In the Second Cs, Covenant died -- but he triumphed. In the Final Cs, the Land will end -- but he'll triumph.

The fun is not knowing how he'll do it. We only know that it's rediculously complicated and hard to write.

So if SRD ends the Land, as some have predicted, to get rid of Lord Foul and make a new Land without him working over the creator's shoulder or being in the Land. And everyone currently in the Land dies, but new people are created free of evil influence, would an ending like that satisfy you?

It's the Job condundrum to me. He lost his children and property but afterwards got new children and property. Does that make it all better?
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

This is twisting a little bit a wa from where I had intended.
I don't believe SRD does warm and fuzzy often. This is wagnerian, though not as blatant as the Gap Cycle.
But again, there was the discussion about power being ultimately futile unless it was power over death. Covenant was holding out hope that the breaking of the Law of Life might give him some hope of survival, though it was quickly dashed.
And Linden has shown herself capable of bringing him back to life, in the Land.
AND the Creator told Covenant he could cure his leprosy and he saved Covenant from the venom without even asking, indicating some power in the real world.
Don't you think that there might be some dramatic tension created by the POSSIBILITY?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan

Return to “Fatal Revenant”