Moderator: Menolly

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I like her, and hope she comes back. So there :|
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

birdandbear wrote:Oh absolutely. If the definition of a good villain is someone who makes you want to crawl through the pages and strangle them to death with their own underwear, then JKR succeded admirably with this one.
What a great description of the feelings this particular character evokes in the reader. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole thing with the "punishment quills" is just plain horrible. What an awful thing to do to a little kid! :o
Love as thou wilt.

nuk
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by nuk »

What I want to know is, why did Rowling let her live? Are those centaurs really so unwilling to back up their big talk? My wife is of the opinion that Rowling is going to make further use of her, and is hoping she'll hook up with Snape.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Umbridge and Snape? I don't think so. I'm getting this itchy feeling that says Snape's gonna get offed in the next book. I hope it's wrong. I think Umbridge will get mentioned as crazy comic relief or a pathetic bygone - like Lockhart in St. Mungo's. Alternately, she'll be used as a support character in builidng a case against Fudge, or in some other plot.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Fudge is still a pretty great wzard (obviously not to Dumbledoors standarts) but he had to be Pretty powerfull to be Minister of Magic.
I think he'll be able to help Umbridge heal-up pretty nicely; although it seems now that Fudge is finally siding (although barely) with Dumbledore-I doubt that Umbitch will.

She seems to be Number Two at the Ministry; what happens if Fudge leaves..would She get the job? (shudders)
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”