The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Artwork

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Wow, Blackhawk! Good job getting a lurker to come out.

Be welcome to the Watch, spoonchicken. Be Well Come and True.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

spoonchicken wrote:Only one small complaint...the location names are kinda hard to read. Hopefully they're easier to behold (!) on the full-sized finished product. I'll buy one and proudly hang it on the living room wall. Please keep us posted

actually on the full sized version I am going to have to make the text smaller.. when printed out on the largest size ...about 42 x 36 Inches it looks too big. With the smaller version online it is harder to read alot of the text, I have an 1600 x 1200 that i use for my desktop and it looks ok on a 17" monitor but the 1280 x 960 online can be hard to read.

I won't charge anyone for the map because the printing cost isnt cheap, if you want something in the 32 inch wide to the 42 inch range is about $50 - $90 for a Kinkos or something like that to print it out, plus a frame which you can get at just about any garage sale :D. so i will make the map available when i have the last few things done on it for people to download from some type of Xdrive account free of charge to Kevins watch members...something like that, there is another version on my webpage that fixes some inconsitencies around Foul's Creche. I havent posted it here because i dont want to bombard the server with every little change i make. :)
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Ive posted a Morning view of Coercri's Lighthouse and Western Seareach in the laborium... I will post northern and southern seareach soon along with the City and docks gathering halls, cliffdwellings etc when i have them completed...im about halfway done with the city now that the landscape is finished.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

I like the new stuff here. Soemttimes I find it hard to view the galleries here.
I hate to hear that SRD doens't like Sweet, becuase that to me is the dfinitive look too, being the first look I had.
I don't buy the "visualize it yourself" thing," not for fanasy.
But someone mentionned the LOTR..
Definitive artwork for that?
Done by JRR himself on my paperbacks.
The Sweet stuff worked for me because it dealt in almost all aspects with the human characters. Giants theonly odd characters andhey just appeared in two of theorigial six books. Really grounded it for me. Left the really odd creatures up to the imagination but made sure the human people, particualry ght grumpy one himself, as realistic.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

thers a new closeup of Coercri lighthouse in the laborium, Its dated right before Hyrim and the Bloodguards arrival. City views coming I promise!! Soon as i get some time from my regular job. :D
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Awesome, Blackhawk! You keep getting better; hard to believe you can get better, but you do.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

I added three comic book pages from the Wounded Land to the album for giggles and bribes.
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Wwwoooooowwwwww.... Awe inspiring, Blackhawk!!!! You Rock. :R
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

deer of the dawn wrote:Wwwoooooowwwwww.... Awe inspiring, Blackhawk!!!! You Rock. :R
Thanks Deer, I checked out your myspace page..is that you?? if so your very talented and you have a great voice, I play guitar but cant read a note.

Good stuff Kevin. I checked out your webpage too... unbelievable drawing talent, extremely detailed. I liked the comic page with the Monster crying stop daddy? great work..... is that a concept of your own or an existing storyline?
Kevin164
Giantfriend

Post by Kevin164 »

Thanks Black Hawk for visiting my Blog. To answer your question about that comic book page it is based on the Hulk Universe. I did a short story of five pages introducing a character called BIG JOHN who's basically a heroic type gamma irradiated "Abomination." I mustered these five page for the Comic Con 2008 Portfolio review in about two days.

It was a total bust. I got in one review from Dark Horse Comics and the editor slammed that very page you liked on the drawing of the creatures human father. I knew I rushed it so I paid the price for my haste. Oh well, next year I'm buying Jwaneeta a round and I'm hitting the publisher booths with an updated Portfolio.

You can see all five pages if you use the link called INKED on side panel of my blog if you want.

Once I get a new computer that can handle Maya I'll be picking your brain for hints and tips, believe me. Your stuff rocks.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Kevin164 wrote:I added three comic book pages from the Wounded Land to the album for giggles and bribes.
Damn, man, those are awesome. I love 'em. Keep it up.-jay
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant Artwork

Post by SleeplessOne »

Kevin164 wrote:
I added three comic book pages from the Wounded Land to the album for giggles and bribes.

Damn, man, those are awesome. I love 'em. Keep it up.-jay
me too Kevin164; great stuff, really distinctive style you have too - love the page of Vain poppin' heads !
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Great stuff from everybody. I think I'll stick to my plan of doing a stickman version of TCTC because you guys are way talented :) And yeah, I'm cool with the skull crushing :)
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Post by Rocksister »

Speaking of artwork, refresh my memory; does Covenant have brown hair or what? All I remember is the graying at the temples mentioned in the 2nd Chrons, and "wheaten tresses" of Linden a million times. I think he has dark hair, but don't know where I got that idea. Just curious. I think it's time to start reading the series again. It's been four months since I finished it for the tenth time. :)
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
Mysteweave
Giantfriend

Post by Mysteweave »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I found this while I was browsing DeviantArt earlier.

This isn't my work, but this is pretty much how I picture TC - though I realise he's supposed to be a little more gaunt...

mirk0.deviantart.com/art/Thomas-Covenant-The-Unbeliever-69924757

What do you think?
x Covenant x Mordant's Need x Saltheart Foamfollower x

~ “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.”
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I think it's very, very good (except for the location of the ring and the spelling of the authors name).

I wonder if we should snag an unauthorized copy of work such as this and add it to the Laborium.

Mirk0 also has a "sunbane abomination I" and "II" ...
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Thanks Deer, I checked out your myspace page..is that you??
Yes, but I'm older and skinnier now...
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”