Obamisms

Archive From The 'Tank
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Meanwhile, I see the media is scrambling to cover up Obama's hate crimes against fat people.
>snortle.<
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Barack Obama doesn't care about fat people.
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me - Hey! Just put down the fork, Jess!"
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

[From the Cabinet thread. Fits better here. Delete at will, oh mighty mods.]

Remember when Obama told us we have to be cold in our own homes?
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.
"That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added.
Apparently, "leadership" he was talking about doesn't apply to our actual leader.
The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat.

“He’s from Hawaii, O.K.?” said Mr. Obama’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. “He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.”
Hypocrite. I'm turning up the heat just to spite him.

And the final ironic twist on the thermostat fiasco. Apparently, Obama is too much of a pansy to stand indoor temperatures that drop below his native tropic climate (even though, curiously, he has lived in Chicago for decades), but he's not too much of a hypocrite to make fun of other people dealing with the hardships of winter (while 100s of 1000s suffer week-long power outages in sub-freezing temperatures here in the Heartland . . . still waiting on our flyover).
Here in the frozen wasteland of the Upper Midwest, we know how to clear streets even during blizzards to ensure that traffic continues and schools can stay open. In Chicago, where the lake effect creates huge dumps of snow in cold winters, they have the same expertise. However, ice storms are another matter entirely. Schools close as people want to keep children off the roads and traffic to a minimum while the streets remain dangerous. That’s one of the few appropriate times we can say that it’s all about the children.

Or at least it used to be. Barack Obama today told Washingtonians they needed to toughen up and send their kids to school when the roads ice over:

The suburban schools systems and many private schools in the region were closed today and the District public schools opted for a delayed opening because of the sleet and freezing rain that made some roads and many sidewalks treacherous.

“Because of what? Because of some ice?” Obama said to laughter around the table. He said Sasha, his 7-year-old, pointed out that in Chicago, not only is school never canceled for snow, “you’d go outside for recess. You wouldn’t even stay indoors.”

He concluded by saying: “We’re going to have to apply some flinty Chicago toughness to this town. I’m saying that when it comes to the weather, folks in Washington don’t seem to be able to handle things.”
link
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Malik23 wrote:
JazFusion wrote:"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
That one is classic! The footage is just painful to watch. You can tell that he had a major brain fart . . . and knows it . . . but then makes a tenuous connection with a Who song to finish it up. It's like tripping down the stairs and landing on his feet: funny, awkward, but still managing to stick the landing (albeit a bit wobbly).
HAHAHAHAHA!! That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. I was like, "Might as well quote the damn song".

I don't have Obamagasims every time I hear the man speak, but you have to admit he is definitely more gifted in public speaking than Bush was. I'm sure he will say stupid things, but I don't think they'll be anywhere close as entertaining as Bushisms.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

1st presidential debate:
...al Qaeda is resurgent, stronger now than at any time since 2001.
A week and a half in office....
Al Qaeda is "decimated."
Huh?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

This is crazy. He was reading the headline. And what he said was: "Who's in a weight battle, apparently." He didn't say "losing." He didn't call her insane, although the headline did. The headline reads, "Insane Jess' Weight Battle" and he said "Who's in a weight battle, apparently." He didn't say or imply anything remotely inappropriate.

If the headline read, "Jessica falls wearing new heels" he would have said, "Who's having trouble with her shoes, apparently." And then people would be screaming that he thinks women should be wearing dangerous, painful footwear because they have no worth aside from looking good for men.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Vain wrote:1st presidential debate:
...al Qaeda is resurgent, stronger now than at any time since 2001.
A week and a half in office....
Al Qaeda is "decimated."
Huh?
Maybe he got some top-secret briefings in between? Just sayin'.

And don't forget that "decimated" doesn't mean "destroyed" -- it means one in ten have been eliminated.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

[Edit] removed the bushmonkey.

I hope that Obama doesnt deprive SNL of great material, so far they dont have anything outside the guy who screwed up the inauguration.
Last edited by Blackhawk on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sorry, we got that one in the political humour thread already.

I hate to have to say it, but Off-Topic!

--A
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Humans and monkeys share over 90% of the same DNA. We're actually closely related in evolutionary terms. Why is it funny that we look similar, and make similar "expressions"?

If we did the monkey comparison with Obama, we might be called out for being racist.

Is it okay if we make fun of Biden and Pelosi in this thread, or do we need a new thread for them, too?

Biden publicly made fun of Chief Justice John Roberts for messing up Obama's oath, but then (with note cards!) he messed up Hillary's oath. Idiot.

And today, Pelosi said that 500 MILLION Americans are at risk for losing their jobs! That's more than the population America, Canada, and Mexico combined!
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Malik23 wrote:Humans and monkeys share over 90% of the same DNA. We're actually closely related in evolutionary terms. Why is it funny that we look similar, and make similar "expressions"?

If we did the monkey comparison with Obama, we might be called out for being racist.

Is it okay if we make fun of Biden and Pelosi in this thread, or do we need a new thread for them, too?

Biden publicly made fun of Chief Justice John Roberts for messing up Obama's oath, but then (with note cards!) he messed up Hillary's oath. Idiot.

And today, Pelosi said that 500 MILLION Americans are at risk for losing their jobs! That's more than the population America, Canada, and Mexico combined!
stuff like what you mentioned Malik just makes me realize..damn..I could be president!! like Av said Off topic sorry..but Bush does it so much better than the rest of us. close set eyes.... perfect monkey O mouth.

At least Biden didnt spell potato wrong :D

I dont have any Obamaisms.. but i will have the next 8 years to find some. :P
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Blackhawk wrote:
Malik23 wrote:Humans and monkeys share over 90% of the same DNA. We're actually closely related in evolutionary terms. Why is it funny that we look similar, and make similar "expressions"?

stuff like what you mentioned Malik just makes me realize..damn..I could be president!! like Av said Off topic sorry..but Bush does it so much better than the rest of us. close set eyes.... perfect monkey O mouth.

At least Biden didnt spell potato wrong :D

I dont have any Obamaisms.. but i will have the next 8 years to find some. :P
Have you checked out Obama's ears? He's got every bit the monkey ears that Bush had :biggrin:
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

Blackhawk wrote: At least Biden didnt spell potato wrong :D
Didn't Biden introduce a man in a wheelchair and ask him to stand up?
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Does anyone ever wonder why they still remember the potato incident after all these years, but hardly anyone knows about recent mistakes made by Obama and Biden? That was a successful media story, to stick in our collective consciousness for over a decade!! Honestly, I can't believe people still talk about it, after all the stupid things done by politicians in the years following it. Everyone misspells a word now and then. I see it on this website all the time (and it even has a spell check!).

Did you hear that Obama confused a window for a door at the White House? What a doofus! I bet we won't see video of that played over and over like we saw Bush tug on a locked door, trying exit a room. Is it just not as funny when Dems do stupid stuff? Or is it the vast left-wing media conspiracy?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Malik23 wrote:Does anyone ever wonder why they still remember the potato incident after all these years, but hardly anyone knows about recent mistakes made by Obama and Biden?
You do know that all these types of comments just say 'sour grapes' to everyone, right?

Anyway ... Because Quayle became famous for his apparent lack of brainpower, and the potato incident became a symbolic emblem of that. So far, no one has seen window-crashing as a symbolic emblem of Obama's character.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

wayfriend wrote:You do know that all these types of comments just say 'sour grapes' to everyone, right?
I don't see the point in psychoanalyzing me. I'm pointing out an inconsistency in how people and the media ridicule Reps compared to Dems. If people can still point out the potato incident--17 years later--in a thread about dumb stuff Obama does, what do you suppose that says to everyone? Perhaps the desire to ridicule Republicans is a lot stronger than my supposed "sour grapes."
Anyway ... Because Quayle became famous for his apparent lack of brainpower, and the potato incident became a symbolic emblem of that. So far, no one has seen window-crashing as a symbolic emblem of Obama's character.
But the question is why do people think honest mistakes Reps make are emblematic of stupidity, but the mistakes of Dems aren't? If I were going to engage in a bit of psychoanalysis myself, I might speculate that liberals are just more judgmental and petty . . .
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Malik23 wrote:
But the question is why do people think honest mistakes Reps make are emblematic of stupidity, but the mistakes of Dems aren't? If I were going to engage in a bit of psychoanalysis myself, I might speculate that liberals are just more judgmental and petty . . .
Or ... there's no basis in fact to your assertion that it's a Rep/Dem thing. It's just a being stupid thing.

It took quite a LOT of anecdotes for Quayle to emerge as underbrainpowered. It wasn't just the potato incident. However, hundreds of incidents later, because he WAS then generally recognized as underbrainpowered, the potato incident became the "classic" example, and became part of our culture thereby.

In other words, FIRST Quayle was seen to be less than brainy over and over and over until it was his definining trait. THEN the potato incident became infamous. It could not happen the other way around.

So you can't take one window incident and ask, why isn't that how everyone knows Obama? Now, if he does it over and over and over again (Gerald Ford, anyone?) then he would get a reputation, and THEN we would remember some "clasic" example forever.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Fist and Faith wrote:This is crazy. He was reading the headline. And what he said was: "Who's in a weight battle, apparently." He didn't say "losing." He didn't call her insane, although the headline did. The headline reads, "Insane Jess' Weight Battle" and he said "Who's in a weight battle, apparently." He didn't say or imply anything remotely inappropriate.
Fist. FIST. Obama was caught in a stupid moment. We have him. It's over. Get the new President in.
Ki wrote:
Blackhawk wrote: At least Biden didnt spell potato wrong :D
Didn't Biden introduce a man in a wheelchair and ask him to stand up?
Daaaayumm. You are right.

Return to “Coercri”