Heroes Season 3.5

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Another new episode on soon, so I'll see where they're heading next. I hope they're actually going somewhere with the Sylar, Claire and Hiro storylines, they've been dragging them out too long.

Edit: Well, turns out they are tying Hiro's story to Matt's now, so that's something.
On the other hand, looks like they're going to go with the whole everyone's-a-good-guy thing where noone's left with more than the barest skein of moral ambiguity (except Sylar and HRG, of course, who are as ever the exceptions to prove the rule). All the "Heroes" are left on equal footing - fugitives against the government team. Makes it a little more black-and-white than it should be. But I wouldn't really expect much more from this show.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Who the he** is HRG?
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Rigel wrote:Who the he** is HRG?
Claire Bennett's father. HRG comes from "horn rimmed glasses," the nickname given to Noah before we knew his real name way back in season 1.
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

sindatur wrote:(Don't mind me, just trying to find some logic to the writing :roll: )
I hear you. It's too bad WE have to apply the mental gymnastics.

As that push scene began, I was thinking "Nathan's going to get shot again. Why can't he see it coming?" What happened was worse, since we couldn't finally close the books on Nathan, and had to endure a boring drinking game last night.
ItisWritten
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Last night's episode was good, but I'm still disappointed with the cheesy tear coming out of Tracy's eye at the end of last week's episode.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm guessing we're running a week behind you guys, then.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Something occurred to me last night. When we first discovered Peter can only use one power at a time now, he got a zap when he touched someone and his power changed. That made me believe he didn't decide what power to take on. Now we've seen him flying both Parkman and Angela, shouldn't he have lost his power of flight and switched to their pwoers when he touched them?

Spoiler from last night, since it seems we're a week ahead of some folks
Spoiler
Sylar now has changeling powers, they're going to have to do something to sap his powers again if this show makes it to another volume (Regeneration, Changeling, plus all the other powers, he's becoming too powerful again, just like Peter and Hiro were). Parkman I guess is going to have to lose his powers too, or have them rewritten with some more limitations.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I got the impression it was at will, myself, once he realised it was happening. He's beginning to gain his father's power (as indicated by use of the exact same CGI effect when he takes a power).

Sylar's powers are reset almost every season. He has a few they let him keep (telekinesis is his signature ability since season one) but otherwise they change him to suit the story (when's the last time he used his super-hearing? Did he really lose everything except his telekinesis in season two?).
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Syler lost all his powers in Season 2 but telekinesis(the reason because he has that Empathy power Peter has and he felt bad for killing his first victim or something, cared less for the others).
Syler only ever uses telekinesis, Lie-Detection, Electric Power and Healing... what happen to the others like alchemy and that shouting power?
Last edited by Queeaqueg on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Woah, we watched all the episodes available on netflix and thought that was the end! I didn't realize the season was being added one episode at a time to netflix!
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Wait, when did Sylar get changeling powers?

And did anyone else notice Tracy blink after being shattered? Or were we just imagining it?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:Wait, when did Sylar get changeling powers?

And did anyone else notice Tracy blink after being shattered? Or were we just imagining it?
Sylar got changeling powers from the changeling, he and Danko were working together to eliminate. Danko let Sylar take the power, to cement their relationship

Yes, Tracey did definitely blink, not sure if that's supposed to be a clue to her eventual ressurrection or not.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I don't think we've seen that episode yet; Sylar left the puppeteer as a gift, but we haven't seen them work together before :o
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Rigel wrote: And did anyone else notice Tracy blink after being shattered? Or were we just imagining it?
Yeah, I did. She blinked and a tear came out. I thought it was......well, kind of stupid, actually. Hokey. Lame. Trite. Pathetic.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:I don't think we've seen that episode yet; Sylar left the puppeteer as a gift, but we haven't seen them work together before :o
Yea, you're apparently a week behind, it was this week's episode. That's why when I first mentioned it, I spoilered it to protect you.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Lots of good stuff last night; I was worried about Matt, but I'm glad he ended up the way he did.

Sylar is a worry, as always, and I can't wait to hear what happens with Angela et al.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:Lots of good stuff last night; I was worried about Matt, but I'm glad he ended up the way he did.

Sylar is a worry, as always, and I can't wait to hear what happens with Angela et al.
So last night you just saw Sylar becoming a Changeling, or did you see the one after that, that we saw Monday 04-06-09?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The episode with Sylar getting shapeshifting (which was shown in the UK this monday) only had two storylines (Sylar and military guy as the main line, and Nathan/Claire as a subplot), so I think he must be referring to a newer one.

On the Sylar subject, I can't help but think the whole scenario was used purely so that they could show Sylar calmly butchering himself, rather than for any further story purpose (sure he'll use this new power, but do you really think it, or his faked death, will prove crucial to the story?).

I suspect the writing of this show these days goes purely on the lines of "hey, wouldn't this be cool?"
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Murrin wrote:
I suspect the writing of this show these days goes purely on the lines of "hey, wouldn't this be cool?"
RDM admitted as much regarding BattleStar Galactica (And final seasons of DS9, where he was head writer, or running the show or whatever exactly it was)
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

Regarding the episode that some have not seen ...

Now they have smart people making idiot moves.
Spoiler
Sylar pulls 2 shifter moves on Noah, when he knows Noah could figure out what's happening by doing so. The first was enough; the second was too easily checked.
Spoiler
Noah confronts his wife, when he could have checked home first, then pulls a very public outing, when he knows that such things often back fire.
Both could have gotten what they wanted with more subtlety, but once again, the writing contrives an outcome at the expense of logic and characterization.

If anyone hasn't noticed, I'm a bit stubborn in my TV viewing. :oops:
ItisWritten

Return to “TV Shows”