Kevins watch and the Mithil river

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I look forward to seeing it. It's fun stuff!

I don't think "leaning" means anything like the cover art below. I think something on the order of 22.5 degrees off of vertical has a nice ladder-looking feel to it. (NNW on a compass.) But enough to give one the sense the parapet is actually floating out over thin air.

Image <<< --- not this!
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I never liked the cover art for those TCTC editions. Everything looks too drab to me. It's as if the artist had been asked to depict scenes in the most boring way possible.
Cleburne wrote:Blackhawk fantastic work , it looks so real I nearly had vertigo looking at it.
Same here. My compliments, Blackhawk!
hpty603
Woodhelvennin

Post by hpty603 »

Wow man, that's awesome. Truly remarkable landscape really depicts the beauty of The Land

Linden should have quailed. His certainty was as bitter as the touch of a Raver: it should have defeated her. But it did not. How often had she heard Lord Foul or his servants prophesy destruction, attempting to impose despair? And how often had Thomas Covenant shown her that it was possible to stand upright under the weight of utter hopelessness?
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks Hpty and Matrixman :D I will be posting my alterations of KW soon, same picture but added some landscape/Lighting and the Watch is connected to the cliff next to the plateau rather than standing on it with it leaning out.

I want to post it when i have the closeup of TC on the watch with Lena climbing up. and its almost ready..hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for Wayfriends observations for more lean because it forced me to create a new top that would be level with the leaning watch, and it looks much better to me than the original platform i had created.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

I reposted the Watch and the Mithil. now the watch leans out over a 4000 foot drop, and a little more detail to the valley. I replaced the links so they show up in my original post on page 1
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hey, those are beautiful pics. I think you got it leaning out over the valley nicely. (Sorry, but to me that's incredibly important to the whole idea.)

But now I have a gripe: by editting the base post and updating your pictures, you make my responses seem boorish and unfair. :)
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

wayfriend wrote:Hey, those are beautiful pics. I think you got it leaning out over the valley nicely. (Sorry, but to me that's incredibly important to the whole idea.)

But now I have a gripe: by editting the base post and updating your pictures, you make my responses seem boorish and unfair. :)
LOL!! sorry bout that. but your gripes were important, the more I looked at the watch the more i didnt like the unleaning view, also it forced me to change the platform of the Watch. once I leaned the watch I had to level it which in turn caused me to use a landscape for its top instead, allowing a much more realistic Platform. it was the difference between a smooth un natural looking top to Kevins watch and the one i used for TC and Lenas Scene. I gave you a good point thankyou because had you not said anything i would have left it as is and I am much happier with the final outcome. :D so thankyou again.

I did upload a new version to the laborium so people can see the difference between the first and the final versions of KW. which when you have a comparrison gives merit to your Gripes... sorry bout the deletion.. i deleted them from my webpage and edited the links.... I didnt think the pics would show up with no link for the post to connect with.
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I can see a face in Kevin's Watch.Spooky.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Vader wrote:I can see a face in Kevin's Watch.Spooky.
*off to look*

Oh!

I see it too, now that you mention it!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Doh! Now it won't go away! You basterds!
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

It's the face of the Creator...
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

:) So it appears to be Giant wrought after all...

when i first saw it I was reminded of one of the Forestalls or the creator, it also has a long beard :D
hyarmion
Stonedownor

Post by hyarmion »

Dear Blackhawk,

Love the picture, no problems with Kevin's Watch. Like TC I have a fear of heights, so In understand his reluctance to descend in LFB. My problem is the country shown below the Watch, I never imagined it to be as hilly or as rocky as shown, it is afterall named the South Plains.

Hyarmion.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

hyarmion wrote:Dear Blackhawk,

Love the picture, no problems with Kevin's Watch. Like TC I have a fear of heights, so In understand his reluctance to descend in LFB. My problem is the country shown below the Watch, I never imagined it to be as hilly or as rocky as shown, it is afterall named the South Plains.

Hyarmion.
It's a fair point but the picture is just so good that you have to go with it....... :lol:
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

hyarmion wrote:Dear Blackhawk,

Hyarmion.
the Green foothills below the watch was a description i got from the first book LFB.

LFB: Hills stretched away directly under him; plains unrolled toward the horizons on both sides; a river angled silver in the sunlight out of the hills on his left.

I took the Plains unrolling on both sides to mean a gradual decline of the hills rather than foothills going directly into flatlands, I envisioned the unrolling plains to be like the high plains of Montana seen in the pic below, then if i remove the haze you would see much flatter more traditional plains in the distance, I will show different versions of KW and without the haze it may look more like what you expected, im of eventually going to do a Lord Fouls Winter Version of KW also...

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Blackhawk wrote:...eventually going to do a Lord Fouls Winter Version of KW also
Looking forward to that!

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”