IF YOU WERE TO BE SUMMOND TO THE LAND WHEN AND WHERE AND WHO

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

It's so big a question I can't answer it - every time I think I have it nailed down another answer pops into my head and I just can't decide.....AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!........
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Hmmm, I think about a few years or months before Covenant comes.
Visit Atiaran, Trell, and Lena. Enjoy their company and the people of Mithil Stonedown as a perfectly normal person. (yeah, right!) Go exploring.
Bring my toothbrush and some pretty rocks?

I'm not going to think about trying to reverse decisions or anything. (Well, except I already HAVE, and DO all the time! *cough*)

Vader wrote:Considering my luck I'd be summoned to the land on the day I forgot my white gold wedding at home.
Wait, wouldn't that potentially be a good thing? Less responsibility and trouble and all...
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

If I were summoned to the Land I hope it would be at a Ramen festival.

:D Ommadawn
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Celebration of spring in Andelain (in the morning so I could get the whole day before the wraiths appear at dusk) with Foamfollower, Winhome Gay and the Ranyhyn that chose to accompany me (if one did).
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vanja the Gravelingas
Servant of the Land

Post by Vanja the Gravelingas »

When?
Sometime between the 1st and the 2nd book,so that I have the time to master the Lore before Elena summons Covenant. So about 18-20 years before The Illearth War,shall we say?
Where?
Hopefully in Revelstone - I'd like to meet Mhoram and Elena before I go to Loresraat. And even if I was summoned directly in Loresraat,I'd have to wait for 3 years,'til I'm old enough to learn the Lore. So I suppose I would go see the Celabration of Spring and travel throughout the Land in that time. Then,when my training was complete,I would serve the Land either as a Lord (it's probably too ambitious,but nonetheless) or a Lorewarden.
I'd meet Mhoram. Don't care which book, really. I just want to hang out and talk with him.
Of course :) Mhoram is an interesting character,it would be cool to talk to him.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

10 years after the 1st book

Mitril Stonedown but not on Kevin's watch.

Travel to Revelstone and ask Triock to guide me.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

Call me crazy but I would want to be on the Forced March. I'd try to stick as close to Mhoram as possible. I'm fascinated as to how he was able to put his hand on a warrior's chest and use the Earthpower to get the man back on his feet again.
ninjaboy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ninjaboy »

So many moment in the books that you just wanted to be there for.. Oh, to be there when the haruchai swore their oath to become the Bloodguard.. To have witnessed the Giants build Revelstone. Wow. The epic battles all through the story, the forced march and when Lord Mhoram fought the giant-raver.. So amazing. And in the epic battle in Fatal Revenant.

Most of the events in the stories are written in dark times, however.. I just long to see the people of the Land, in Revelstone, on the Plains of Ra, the stonedownors and the tree-folk, and of course the Giants and Waynhim living in haarmony and joy, in times untroubled by the Render.

But if I could pick one place, one people, I would go to the Ramen and devote myself to the service of the great horses.
Forgive my death.
It was my flesh that failed you, not my love.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”