What date is AATE out? is it still oct, im sure its now sept

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

A chapter dissection? How does that work then. I think I get the general idea but is thier a site dedicated to it on the 'Watch', is it a discussion thing or a single essay or what? (Of course I would be the ideal person to apply my razor sharp penetrative faculties to an exegesis of one of the chapters of AATE but I wonder if I ought not to let someone else have a chance to shine.....).
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Barnetto
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Barnetto »

peter wrote:A chapter dissection? How does that work then. I think I get the general idea but is thier a site dedicated to it on the 'Watch', is it a discussion thing or a single essay or what? (Of course I would be the ideal person to apply my razor sharp penetrative faculties to an exegesis of one of the chapters of AATE but I wonder if I ought not to let someone else have a chance to shine.....).
Under Discussion Forums / Group Readings / Dissecting the Land...

Amazed you haven't come across them yet! There is some excellent stuff in there. Obviously my reticence too has nothing to do with personal inadequacy compared to the existing contributors and eveything to do with not wanting to deny the opportunities to others.....
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I am not going to rush through my first reading of AATE, not for any reason in the world. Savor and cherish, savor and cherish. I don't care what happens on the Watch in the meantime.

I hope no one else feels forced to rush through it just to keep up with the Watch.

We will dissect AATE in due course, I am sure. But I would expect about a year to go by before anyone feels like doing that. During the first year there will be enough spontaneous, undirected discussion to keep everyone happy and busy.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I, however, will rush through my first reading of AATE, but that's just my reading style, I like to get a feel for the big picture and then fill in the details in subsequent readings :D

But I think taking it slow is the best general advice... soak it in, enjoy it. Remember, there's three more years until the conclusion! *sigh* I envy the people who are just discovering the series, and am glad I found out about the Last Chronicles a year before Fatal Revenant came out.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

What WF said.

I've been waiting 3 years (more accurately 6 or 27 years!) for this book. I'm a pretty fast reader but I want to savor the experience. We only get to read it for the first time, once.
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Relayer wrote:What WF said.

I've been waiting 3 years (more accurately 6 or 27 years!) for this book. I'm a pretty fast reader but I want to savor the experience. We only get to read it for the first time, once.
I'm considering rationing myself to 1 page/day, during the week, and nothing on the weekends. FR had 762 pages (trade paperback? the big one); if AATE is similar, I can expect 152 weeks worth of reading that way, or just under 3 years, meaning I'll finish right on time for the final installation :)

Of course, the more likely scenario is I'll read it once in less than a week, then again a little slower, then read the whole series from start to finish again by Valentine's day.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

wayfriend wrote:I don't care what happens on the Watch in the meantime.
:faint:
C'mon Wayfriend - lighten up man! I'm only playin'. Of course there is no way that once I get reading AATE anything will come between me and taking in the story in whatever way that suits it best. I'm just getting exited is all - allow me that, jees - I've waited long enough!
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”