Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 6: Over the river and etc.

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Scowling fiercely, "Let us be about this, then."

Head cocked listening to Taduz' music, so different from that found in his native land.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska takes the letter from Claudio. "We shall be underway shortly, m'lord." She disappears into the kitchen he just left for a brief moment, long enough to cut her hair and dispose of it. Returning she says, "I shall see to my horse," then heads outside.

She makes a brief stop by the carriage to place the letter on the seat inside. She says nothing to him yet, however Seska gently places her hand on Roderigo's shoulder and gives him a reassuring smile and nod. In the stable she takes quick stock of the available saddles and blankets then prepares her horse.

[Animalism 1 to make herself better understood.] "I am sorry for riding you so hard in the dark last night, Danica. Tonight will be an easier pace and along well-trodden paths. I have faith in your capabilities though, whatever trail we may take. That is why I chose you of the four." She pats the horse down and spends a few moments nuzzling before hoping astride and riding out to the carriage.
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

Realizing that at the current rate of preparation, he will have plenty of time for his experiments before the party is ready to leave, Gedeminas leaves the party, and heads to a point where he can see into the pigsty.

He uses his Eidtic Memory to recall the sensations he experienced during the time when his eyes were burned out, and also when Olaf beat him severally. Then he uses Steal Secrets to 'package' these sensations, and send each one to a separate pig. [ooc]I am hoping by doing this to duplicate the effects of Phantom Pain and Curse the Senses.[/ooc]

Having made this test, Gedeminas makes sure that there is no one nearby, lies down, deliberately 'relives' the most insulting thing anyone ever did to him, voluntarily lets it carry him into frenzy, and then uses Anima Walk to leave his body, and end the frenzy, as soon as possible. He continues practicing this until he can do it all in one turn. If his Willpower is not yet full, he repeats this until it is. Then he checks to see if the ashes he is carrying have spiritual form.

If the ashes do exist while in spirit form, Gedeminas checks to see if everyone is ready to go yet. If they are not, he is going to make another experiment.

[ooc]Normally, I'd put this in a PM, but I need to post so I get XP for the week.[/ooc]
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Returning to the room, pack in tow, noticing the noblewoman's absence.

Bowing to my sire "My thanks for your hospitality, we shall return with all haste with the return missive".

Head outside motioning the others who are still indoors that it seems time to move on, and get in the carriage.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

As Taduz climbs in to the carriage while Gedeminas lies down by the pigsty, the healer decides to experiment herself. Looking towards the surrounding woods, Alína gives out a loud "hu-Hu! hu-Hu!" and intently searches for any sort of response...
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Thankful to finally be actaully DOING something, Olaf quickly clambers in to the carriage.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

The Pigsty

Gedeminas, overestimating how long it will take the rest of the party to be ready, heads to the inn's pigsty. [Check your PM for the results of all this.]

In the distance, he can hear the coach being pulled around to the front of the inn, and the sounds of people stepping into it.

The Coach

Roderigo is standing by the door to the carriage, helping people to enter. Inside are Alina, Olaf, and Taduz. Seska rides up on her mount. Alina notices an owl perched on a branch a distance from the inn, on the road down the hill. It must have been there all along, but her eye is drawn to it now.

The Inn

Claudio is staring into the ceiling, not having spoken since Alina shared the news of Casmir's demise. He lowers his gaze and looks around the room. Then he says, "Malkavian, do not delay the girl further."

Theophania makes a face, but turns to Timmy to say "Run along to your Lady, girl. She needs her hound more than my hair needs to be stroked."

"But return to me quickly so that you may resume, yes?"
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I pout. "How did you know?"

I don't wait for her answer.
I just stomp out of the inn.
I get into the coach.

I need to pet some hair, though.
I pet my arm, but it's not long enough.
It doesn't feel right.

I start petting other people's hair. Olaf first.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

The StoryTeller wrote:
Alína Nyárí wrote:As Taduz climbs in to the carriage while Gedeminas lies down by the pigsty, the healer decides to experiment herself. Looking towards the surrounding woods, Alína gives out a loud "hu-Hu! hu-Hu!" and intently searches for any sort of response...
The Coach

Roderigo is standing by the door to the carriage, helping people to enter. Inside are Alina, Olaf, and Taduz. Seska rides up on her mount. Alina notices an owl perched on a branch a distance from the inn, on the road down the hill. It must have been there all along, but her eye is drawn to it now.
Her posture relaxing as she espies the owl, the Jewess leans back against the cushions, watching Sabine stroke Olaf's hair.

Wishing she had a cup of hot water to steep some herbs in, she gently massages the center of her forehead, where a strange sensation was lingering.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Smiling at the small girl stroking the comparatively huge norseman's hair.

"Slave will be following the Lady, or does she follow us?"
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Look slightly confused at Sabine's.....affections. Shrug, and let her continue.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska pulls on the reins to keep Danica from fidgeting while they wait. Hearing Taduz' question, she leans into the carriage. "Alongside, in front, behind. It will be a long ride and will change pace to make it easier." She gives her horse a loving pat on the neck.

Taking note of who is present she asks, "Where is Ged?" Straightening up she shouts over the carriage to the inn, "Gedeminas, let us get going. You do not need to pack everything."

[Will be going through town or in the opposite direction?]
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

By the time Seska shouts, Gedeminas is already heading out the door of the Inn, and gets in the carriage.

[ooc]What exactly took so long about my experiments, Storyteller?[/ooc]
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Noticing there is time to kill I gather a handful of the dirt that is on the floor.

Yes, the carriage is probably immaculate (or it better be or Slave may pay), but we did just tromp in from outside so some dirt and chunks of ground would be here.

Taking the handful...

It worked when I was angry but not how I expected, maybe this will be different...

Concentrating on the matter

Answer me, as your burning cousins did. Make yourself known, that I may pay my respects and know your power.

Close my eyes, waiting for the feeling, that jolt that something is going on.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Gedeminas wrote:[ooc]What exactly took so long about my experiments, Storyteller?[/ooc]
Gedeminas wrote:Realizing that at the current rate of preparation, he will have plenty of time for his experiments before the party is ready to leave, Gedeminas leaves the party, and heads to a point where he can see into the pigsty.

Gedeminas lies down, deliberately 'relives' the most insulting thing anyone ever did to him, voluntarily lets it carry him into frenzy, and then uses Anima Walk to leave his body, and end the frenzy, as soon as possible. He continues practicing this until he can do it all in one turn.
[It wasn't a hugely long time, but repeatedly driving yourself to frenzy, only to break it right afterwards, would take a little while to do it. You had a little time while people packed up and whatnot, but they were all in the carriage before you were.]

Taduz gets no kind of response from the dirt. He is vaguely thinking he feels something, but nothing that really makes sense to him at this point. Just a hunch that maybe earth spirits feel different than fire spirits.

[Your path will take you through the village where the retainers are, but in order to make it to the monastery and back in a single day, you can't tarry there long to chat. Anyway, I'm opening the floor now to any in-transit posts people want to make. I honestly assume that had people wanted to make them, they'd have done so while I was gone, though... since you may not have known that you'd go through the village, that could have effected your decisions. Therefore, know that on Tuesday, I'll post the big description of your arrival at the monastery. Anybody who wishes to do anything in transit or at the village should declare so before then.]
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

As they pass through the village and pause for a short time to rejoin their companions, Gedeminas goes into his wagon, and Danukas comes out carrying a large bundle of silken clothes that are, for some reason, clinking. There is one for each person, except Sabine. They look like ordinary noble's clothes, appropriately designed for each person's gender.

"These were my main way of keeping myself going while on the road. They are as good at turning blades as Olaf's armor is, but are much less cumbersome and are not visibly armor. Given the situation we're in now, I thought they might be useful, although I'm not saying we have to wear them. They only clink when bundled and knocking against each other." He turns to Sabine, "I'd give you one too, but I've never made them sized for children."

Each set of clothes is a special kind of armor that gives 2 extra soak dice, with no Dexterity or Perception penalty. Since this is clearly a combat-oriented chronicle, we should probably have armor.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Upon seeing the armored clothes "No thank you, I seem to have...issues with size changes. Those would shred if I were to use my powers."

I continue concentrating on the dirt. I can feel something, gotta make contact.

Ged, I think the only reason this has been "combat oriented" at times is there were "Free Drinks" placed in front of people who have a "Drinking Problem".
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I giggle "I don't need armor. I'm not here."

I vanish from sight. [Obfuscate 2]

I hide behind Taduz. But I'm still giggling.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Ignoring the dirt for a moment seeing Sabine disappear, I concentrate while looking around.

Ahh, there she is.

"She's done it again, disappeared."

Stretch comically large, arms back, and lean back against Sabine.

"I must admit, the pillows in this carriage, are rather lumpy"

Wiggle around some.

"And they sound just like a certain puppygirl."

Wiggle a bit more against the "pillow" behind me.

"And it giggles too, this ride WILL be interesting if my pillow wiggles and giggles the whole way there."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Ever appreciative of fine craftsmanship, Alína receives a nod of permission from Gedeminas and reaches out a hand to feel the fabric of the robes. Her eyes widen as she exclaims, "These are well made indeed.

"I have little in my cart to offer in trade. How could I repay you for this?" she asks as she chooses a robe of forest green and slips it on. "I would visit with Zoja briefly, and could search for something in kind to offer in exchange, but I did not bring all of my possessions on this trip, save for my herbs and other small devices to aid healing."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”