The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

sgt.null wrote:Image
Looking forward to it. Is it October yet?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I just watched all six episodes on season 1 in one sitting. I feel like a zombie.8O I really liked it. Andrew Lincoln is British. He does a good job with the accent. His wife is a pain in the ass. I am guessing the doctor whispered in his ear that his wife is pregnant. Just a guess.

I hear Season 2 starts soon but I won't see it until it goes on netflix.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

lorin wrote:I just watched all six episodes on season 1 in one sitting. I feel like a zombie.8O I really liked it. Andrew Lincoln is British. He does a good job with the accent. His wife is a pain in the ass. I am guessing the doctor whispered in his ear that his wife is pregnant. Just a guess.

I hear Season 2 starts soon but I won't see it until it goes on netflix.
Yes, it starts tomorrow night, matter of fact. Hour and a half premiere, 7 episodes (And a talk about it show) and then it goes on hiatus until Feb, where they show the remaining 6 episodes of the Year. So, although we get 13 episodes this year, there's a 10 or 11 week gap between episodes 7 and 8.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

tonight!!!!!!!!

i canna not wait!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

The basis of the episode seemed a bit weak. How did they not see that many from much further off ? The grey guy was standing watch from the roof. I wouldn't say that was thebest episode so far.

I'd like to see Morgan and his son again. I liked those characters.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

my guess is that the zombies made no noise until they were closer. the group seems to not think too far ahead. i would have had the kids atop the rv the entire time.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Kil Tyme
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kil Tyme »

I was never a zombie fan; didn't even look at this series until the marathon last week and then I got hooked. I really like it. 1st ep of season 2 was pretty good, esp the first half with the zombie horde coming down the highway. Besides the SFX, I like the character interactions for the most part; I wish there were more characters, tho.
Cowboy: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Cowboy: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ... I don't.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The first season was great. I'm not impressed with the start of the second season so far. These people are just not thinking ahead at all, and that's maddening. The world is nearly devoid of human life, and they're still struggling with that ancient RV rather than taking a brand new one off a lot?

Seriously?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i have missed the last two weeks due to work. :(
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

sgt.null wrote:i have missed the last two weeks due to work. :(
They're on On Demand for Comcast, so, if you have an On Demand section, you should find them there.

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Cail wrote:The first season was great. I'm not impressed with the start of the second season so far. These people are just not thinking ahead at all, and that's maddening. The world is nearly devoid of human life, and they're still struggling with that ancient RV rather than taking a brand new one off a lot?

Seriously?
I was saying pretty much this to my husband this season, too.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I just started watching it on Netflix. Lordy, it's depressing. I've been watching it before going to work, and I'm going to work depressed.

I still don't get how if it takes a bite to change someone how a zombie outbreak ever would have happened. Don't you move away from someone who would try to bite you, especially if they look the way these zombies do? You'd think they'd be able to put them down before there became a ton of them. But whatever, it's fiction.

What I'm not fond of in zombies movies is the hopelessness of it. That's probably what I find so upsetting, and why I tend not to watch them. That's what I liked about "Fido." The humans had kinda stopped the spread for the most part and were in some semblance of control, even if they were using them as "pets" and servants and such.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Cagliostro wrote:I just started watching it on Netflix. Lordy, it's depressing. I've been watching it before going to work, and I'm going to work depressed.

I still don't get how if it takes a bite to change someone how a zombie outbreak ever would have happened. Don't you move away from someone who would try to bite you, especially if they look the way these zombies do? You'd think they'd be able to put them down before there became a ton of them. But whatever, it's fiction.

What I'm not fond of in zombies movies is the hopelessness of it. That's probably what I find so upsetting, and why I tend not to watch them. That's what I liked about "Fido." The humans had kinda stopped the spread for the most part and were in some semblance of control, even if they were using them as "pets" and servants and such.
I wouldn't expect the Zombies to look obvious at first, I think that comes with time.

Also, you have to realize we know Zombies Rules, because we have a Zombie entertainment sector, who's to say the world on the show has Zombie movies, and if they do, are the rules the same? Slow moving Zombies may be easy to outrun if there's only one or two and you are prepared, not quite the same thing if you're trapped in a small space with a boatload of them. If they do have Zombie Movies, who would actually believe at first they were Zombies? Lots of folks could be turned before even realizing what was going on.

Hospitals, shopping malls, sporting events, concerts all these places/events have alot of people in close proximity. A concert with 40,000 people could have 50% or more of them turned in minutes, and the more that turn, the lower your odds become.

Possible spoiler from Comics? (Not sure if it's true or not, never read them)
Spoiler
A couple folks have said in the comics, all it takes to become a Zombie is dying, it's not just being bit, though that hurries the process along
I'm loving the show, and though I didn't think much of Darryl early last Season, he's definitely becoming a favorite, and he proved how awesome he is in this week's episode. The search for the child has been too big a focus for too long, but, that's really my only actual complaint from this season so far (Besides some of the silliness like not replacing the RV, etc, but, those are plot devices)

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

We've enjoyed this so far. I agree with Cag, it's depressing sometimes and even disturbing at times.

I've come to believe that the only person with a brain is Shane. Rick has become weak.
DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

If by "with a brain" you mean an "I-will-shoot-all-y'all-for-zombie-food-if-I-think-it-equals-survival-for-me-and-mine" attitude, then I concur. Shane is unhinged. If this were an RPG, we would dscribe his alignment as trending toward chaotic evil. The zombies themselves are neutral evil.

Rick seems weak because he's still trying to 'do the right thing.' i.e., be lawful good in an environment where absolutely no one else is.

All of them are acting like total dumbasses, though.... which makes for a better zombie movie overall. If everybosy followed all the zombie movie rules, the show would be a lot shorter, and quite boring.

dw
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I got through Season 1 finally. A little bummed the CDC turned out to be a dead end (pun intended). I was enjoying the slight few minutes they were able to kick back and smile briefly. Despite the actions of creepy friend of the main character. When is he going to get eaten please?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

The strange character with the sword at the end of this series sure was 'interesting' with her accessories. Not sure how she could match them with her shoes and bag.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Ananda wrote:The strange character with the sword at the end of this series sure was 'interesting' with her accessories. Not sure how she could match them with her shoes and bag.
Heh, I thought that was her Bag and shoes on the chains :) On the Talking Dead, they talked about her a bit, apparently she's a major fan favorite in the Comics, that folks have been anxiously awaiting for arrival on the canvas. Very interesting the way the Zombies were lured out of the city by the helicopter.

Glad they decided to keep Herschel alive, with Dale gone, we need Herschel to fill that slot. I actually expected only Maggie and Herschel would survive from his family, so it was surprising that another daughter made it too. T-Dawg finally got a few lines and something to do, I figured he'd be toast too, since they don't really seem to know what to do with him. Thank Goodness Shane was taken out last week.

I'd like to take some Ketchup and pour it all over Lori and drop her in the middle of a herd of Zombies. I couldn't believe the shock and disdain she had for Rick when he confessed to killing to Shane. HELLO LORI, you told Rick to "do something" about Shane and he's dangerous, blah, blah, blah, then you put a fire under Shane of jealousy ("I don't know who's baby it is...") that directly led him to attempting to kill Rick. Of course Rick killed Shane, before Shane could kill him, what did you expect was gonna happen? You're a horrible wife (mourned for Rick for about 5 minutes before hopping into bed with Shane)

This second season has been great, and Season 3 sounds like it'll be even better, 16 episodes in the next sason, that's almost a full season on Broadcast Network Programming. 9 Million viewers for the Finale, that's phenomenal, for AMC, and beats quite a bit of Network programming

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i am sooooo far behind. :(

i hope they run a saturday marathon soon...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “TV Shows”