More sketches...

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Edit: a better version of the sketchdump featuring a few slightly varying interpretations of the First + some quick-ish color (...aaand I believe I shall make the tattoos permanent additions henceforth XD).

Not sure why, but I always imagined Pitchwife a redhead. The hue of 'fine-spun iron' is a trickier matter, but suppose it's something akin to bluish gray?

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

They really do take on a different life when coloured - how big are these in 'real life' if you were to print them?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Vain wrote:They really do take on a different life when coloured - how big are these in 'real life' if you were to print them?
*commands herself to color moar*

Let's see...the quest drawing is 5500*2150 pixels, which would scale to circa 34*14cm, The First dump is about 15*18cm. The badly WIP TOT scene is currently at 23*34cm, but may change as I'm scarcely content with the layout.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Zorm wrote:
Vain wrote:They really do take on a different life when coloured - how big are these in 'real life' if you were to print them?
*commands herself to color moar*

Let's see...the quest drawing is 5500*2150 pixels, which would scale to circa 34*14cm, The First dump is about 15*18cm. The badly WIP TOT scene is currently at 23*34cm, but may change as I'm scarcely content with the layout.
That's the best command ever haha :)

Well I think it would be cool to buy stuff with these printed on - like t-shirts and stuff. Or is that just a mad thought?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Vain wrote:Well I think it would be cool to buy stuff with these printed on - like t-shirts and stuff. Or is that just a mad thought?
Well, I am honored. :biggrin: Do you guys have an active webstore or something that would enable this? I remember earlier skimming through the T-shirt thread, but the Cafepress site linked there had fallen dead. Shipping items from Finland is out of the question, as postage costs here are insane. I don't have my own storefront--I draw these days mainly for a hobby.

If I'd actively start submitting my works for such use, this would also require some pre-planning of layouts/resolutions from me. Usually I just slap together a clump of pixels and resize the canvas on the fly, if the composition doesn't please my eye. :biggrin:

Thoughts?
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Jay was supposed to keep the store maintained but he broke it (well I think he did)

Setting up a new one is easy enough though and probably should get one going at any rate all things considered.

If you, and others who contribute their talents, are willing then I'll set one up and go from there.

I can't speak for others but the slap a few pixels together randomness is good enough for me :)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

H'okay, went a bit berserk with details again as I was revising her armor. Never felt too content with the unwieldy breastplate I originally drew her, and now...this. :? Perhaps it'll look a bit drabber when and if I color it.

Maybe the Swordmainnir had a grandiose posing contest or something. Too bad she doesn't canonically wear one of those dramatically billowing cloaks.

Sword inspiration from here.
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiro
Giantfriend

Post by Hiro »

That looks awesome!!!!!
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

The detail is awesome !!:)
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

Wow! I should check this forum more often! This is the kind of artwork I like to see!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Post by TheGryphon »

Zorm, your work is AWESOME! Your images of The First and Pitchwife are much as my imagination saw them while reading....

Thanks for sharing your images with us.
Incredible as it seems, my Life is based on a True Story.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks, everyone. :biggrin:
Heh, guess it starts to show that Pitchwife and The First are my absolute favorites from the 8 volumes I've read so far...
Vain wrote:If you, and others who contribute their talents, are willing then I'll set one up and go from there.
Let me know when the store's up. :)

Have any others of KW's resident artists expressed their interest in this yet? Considering that there are so many wonderful pieces posted in this forum and the Laborium... :)
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

These are fantastic!!! I love them......
You judge too quickly giant
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Pfft I'm actually making progress with something, although this one still needs a number of small improvements plus a proper shadow behind her. Now she might as well be related to vampires, although not to the glittery sort. Just hate that bit since I never manage to make them that realistic.

Anyhow, planning to turn this into some kind of T-shirt design if she doesn't look too forbidding with that frown; have a slightly similar kind of idea in store for Honninscrave (and other characters perhaps later as soon as my nitpicky brain becomes satisfied with their looks; open to suggestions)...

Also thanks, marineguy. :)
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

That looks incredible, Zorm!
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

If I may...........has anyone thought of promoting t-shirts on Donaldson's site? There are so many Covenant fans are image deprived and merchandise deprived... Who knows. The answer is always no if you never ask.

Or maybe having at least a link on his site going back to your website with art and T-shirts? The feed to a website is important unless you start paying for search engine viability which can be expensive.

Heck, have a contest of some type and you'll do an origuiinal right on a t-shirt for someone, maybe airbrush it....
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Just awesome)))

Especially the coloured one with the First)
A role-player, beware
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

No new character art, but a by-product of the various designs I've used on the Giants' armor and accessories (A range of Vendel and Viking objects found in Finland and its environs employed as major inspiration.). Will be using this as an emblem/wossname for the Swordmainnir and perhaps the Search also. Inked and colored the whole sod due to an assortment of reasons.

marineguy wrote:If I may...........has anyone thought of promoting t-shirts on Donaldson's site? There are so many Covenant fans are image deprived and merchandise deprived... Who knows. The answer is always no if you never ask.

Or maybe having at least a link on his site going back to your website with art and T-shirts? The feed to a website is important unless you start paying for search engine viability which can be expensive.
There's been some talk further on this thread about T-shirts and the like...also me asking whether KW's other artists might be interested in joining forces. Just PM'ed Vain, we'll see when this enterprise starts properly rolling. XD How does one contact SRD these days, though? I recall reading that he closed down the GI, and wasn't that the only means for fans to send him messages? :?

Egads, my main website outside Deviantart is a complete and utter mess.... I haven't updated it for almost three years; should finally do something about it. x( A the moment it's in no state for link exchanges, not to mention promoting anything.

Oh, and thanks to everyone else who has commented. :)
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

There's been some talk further on this thread about T-shirts and the like...also me asking whether KW's other artists might be interested in joining forces. Just PM'ed Vain, we'll see when this enterprise starts properly rolling. XD How does one contact SRD these days, though? I recall reading that he closed down the GI, and wasn't that the only means for fans to send him messages? Confused
I can only see 1 or 2 of anything I have being on a t-shirt but I woujld like to try. anyword on the Donaldson site?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

marineguy wrote:
There's been some talk further on this thread about T-shirts and the like...also me asking whether KW's other artists might be interested in joining forces. Just PM'ed Vain, we'll see when this enterprise starts properly rolling. XD How does one contact SRD these days, though? I recall reading that he closed down the GI, and wasn't that the only means for fans to send him messages? Confused
I can only see 1 or 2 of anything I have being on a t-shirt but I woujld like to try. anyword on the Donaldson site?

Sorry, haven't gotten an answer yet (as for the Donaldson site linkage, I'm not exactly sure whom to ask).

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”