What should I buy for my 360?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I'm just starting out on 'Oblivion' and can see that it will get very involved and absorbing as the 'game' progresses (ie my charachter develops. As with Morrowind (which I began but just didn't have the time to pursue) I seem to struggle a bit with the fighting scenes and this can become frustrating. Also I'm not sure that Oblivion is quite as big (or as deep) as Morrowind which took building a 'second life' in a game to new levels (for me) altogether. I find the games very complex and struggle a bit understanding how they should best be approached and played. But in time and with a bit of coaching from my step-son I think I'm going to get there. If I can really get a handle on the game then I think I would definitely go back and give Morrowind another go.

re Zombie games Sarge I'm guessing that Dead Rising has got to be the king of them all. Though I've not played it I understand it entails being locked in a mall with thousands of zombies and just staying alive for 6 hours. You can hide it out in a cuboard and win (boring but safe) or you can go out and fight. The thing that makes this game special as I understand it, is the interactive nature of the mall enviroment - anything you can see, you can pick up and use as a weapon or tool. Could be fun to while away a wet Sunday afternoon killing zombies.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

peter - i have a ps3. is dead rising come for it? cause it sounds cool as hell. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Alas Sarge, I think it's only 360. Shame because at present I'm guessing you could use some good gaming action to stop you going stir crazy! How long do you have to rest up for once the staples are out?

If you haven't already tried it check out Half-Life 2 (must be 2) on PS3. Best game I've ever played; like a sort of soviet era fps set in the near future - awsome!
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “PC & Console Games”