Halloween Costumes?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

the first time we did julie died my hair jet black. (the only time i had ever died my hair to that point.

then i got a mohawk... and julie did all the face paint.

the shirt has little orange skulls all over it. she also did the puffy orange material stuff.

i made the gloves. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Julie! :wave:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Enjoyed people's costumes and descriptions :biggrin: ...updates? Who's done with their costume for this year? Or how far along are you?

I'm waaay behind... I purchased and washed my fabric several days ago, but it neeeeeds to be cut and sewn! And I made my brooch - an essential piece of the costume - from "metallic"-golden-colored make-and-bake modeling clay 2 days ago. (I'm very excited about that.)
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm taking the kidz trick or treating as Boba Fett, my fav Star Wars character! Adrian will be Anakin Skywalker, Grace is Ashoka (whoever that is...cool hair tho...) and Izaac will be Darth Vader...will try to post pix... :P
fall far and well Pilots!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

danlo wrote:Image
If you laugh at that you're American.

If you go like "what's the problem?" you're European.

Notr sure what's better.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Not this year, but...

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1422
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

we bad, we bad
dmc-4359
Stonedownor

Post by dmc-4359 »

Several weeks back I purchased a 1958 Cadillac hearse with the hope of getting it roadworthy in time for Halloween. I was not successful so in addition to using last year's costume, I also bought a trashcan and a marker. I'm not sure why I had the signs in my shop but they were handy too.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Doc Brown never looked better!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Y'all are so creative! :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I normally do a leper but was ill this year so couldn't go out :(

...which is quite funny when you think about it
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Linna Heartbooger

*bump*
My kiddoes are going to be a bat (the 5 y.o.) and a bluebird (the 2 y.o.).

:biggrin:

For my costume... not sure what I'll do. Got my start too late.

Also, a belated response to a comment RE costumes on another thread:
deer wrote:
Linna Heartlistener wrote:The day ended at a friend's Viking-themed "Leif Erkison Party." (seeing as it was around Columbus Day weekend.)
My husband made paper beards for him and the kids.
Linna, your family sounds so fun!! I could NEVER get anyone to go to a Viking party. We watched that movie a while back "Role Models" where they end up in an RPG all costumed up and swordfighting and I'm thinking how much fun it looks like while my hub and dau are rolling their eyes...
YEZ, yez they are!

My husband actually rolls his eyes about all-out Halloween costumes because of the expense and trouble making them.
(OTOH, he does run an RPG for me and his brothers.)

That's why I went with asking him to make beards for the "Leif Erikson day" party.
He did the beards exactly the way he wanted to - invested lots of time in researching them and 1 or 2 minutes cutting them out from a yellowish envelope. :lol:
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Syl: i remember that look...freaky!

I'm going as a Redshirt. Plus i can be in costume at work!
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Linna Heartbooger

*bump*

I have really short hair this year for Halloween... not sure what would be a good geeky costume for me..
I think Vin from Mistborn might have had short hair.
There's definitely awesome female characters from Modessitt with short hair, but... too obscure.

Others costumes... possibly given with various degrees of suspensefulness & lack of detail or presence thereof. (Sorus. ;P)
-Flannery O'Connor

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Vin from Mistborn would be a pretty cool costume. Haven't read any Modesitt, so can't picture any of those characters.

The detail of my costume (or lack thereof) will largely depend on whether it will be seen by anyone besides my cats. (Cats being notoriously unimpressed by such things.)

So far I have a pair of purple and brass steampunk goggles and a glass pendant containing a passable galaxy of stars. If I really wanted to do it right, I would also acquire attire suitable for Victorian-era London, but that's beyond my current level of ambition, especially with a lack of plans.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Linna Heartbooger

Agatha?
-Flannery O'Connor

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It's from Dark Passages, which is a YA scifi/horror series that I've mentioned a couple of times but sometimes hesitate to recommend due to the horror factor - it can be quite gruesome at times.

I'm not sure why I fixated on the idea that it'd make a good Halloween costume, but sometimes I just can't shake ideas once they take hold.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”