2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:the Jets had used Brad Smith in a type of wildcat, so they have plays already set up for Tebow.

but I can imagine Sanchez must not be too thrilled.

Yea, there's that...but I meant in 'tude/mood/aura terms. Despite the fact that I think T is over-rated talent [except his legs, and he could easily prove me wrong, it's not like he's old or anything] he IS mellow, calm, doesn't get riled-up/rant [at least publicly/media-wise...which is respect-worthy even if not entertaining... ;) ] ...and the Jets...well, they're otherwise.

Anyway: I'm as positive as one can be about sport, luck, and chaos, that if Peyton Manning's primary goal was more Superbowl's, he'd have gone SF, not Denver. Did he choose so there was no chance he'd have to compete with his brother on the path there?
Or am I crazy and badly under-rating both Smith as SF's QB, and Denver's O beyond the QB?
Or was it really a deal-killer that Harbaugh and Manning both like control too much to make good chemistry with each other?

And, just for fun, and though Bills are kings of the near miss in so many ways...I predict Williams will be worth every penny for the team...I feel a synergy happening.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:
Mr. Broken wrote:I wonder if the Browns learned anything about passing on legacy players when they passed on Clay Mathews Jr.?
have the Browns proven that they learn anything? they did draft Winslow jr.
Looks like they'll get a chance to practice up on picking...4 additional comp. picks [heh...my suffering raiders got 3, but I'm not hopeful for them...seem to have a lot of office problems right now].

And now the O.T. Playoff rules are all season. I hate that process.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

will Parcells hire on in New Orleans? it's at 50/50 espn says.

my question is why so many people seem to think it is wrong of Payton to pick the man who covers his job for the year.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I haven't had much to say this offseason , the Browns have done next to nothing to improve the team, and I believe it's because they were jaded by the RG3 fiasco. Let's just say although I never had bad feelings towards the Rams before this ( a team that few realize originated in Cleveland), the Horny Goats have now made my most hated list. I hope that team has the worst season in the history of their franchise. I will spend the rest of this season ripping them for anything I can. With no D- Co. this season there should be plenty.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

what did the rams do?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The never even listened to the Browns counter offer for the #2 pick, the initial offer was as appealing as what the Redskins offered but the Browns were prepared to sweeten the deal when it was announced that the pick had been traded to the Redskins. They wouldn't even listen to the counter offer. Now Fischer says he would possibly like to trade up with the Browns at # 4 to get the player they want. After you screwed them on the RG3 deal Jeff? I hope they tell you to sit and spin.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

imho the Redskins gave up too much, but had to because of years of mismanagement.

and I have never liked Fisher - he is a mediocre coach who hasn't won anything. no idea why everyone overvalues him.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

If the Rams trade up to#3 and take Richardson, my dislike will turn into seething disgust. I will spend the entire 2012 season smearing them with this thread. Just saying...
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Miss Welker, your right Willie should have stayed out of your business, but... you should have never used Cleveland as your smack back. I hope T. J. Ward breaks your head for you now.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i wonder what team makes the first huge mistake in today's draft. my money is on Minny.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

We got our guy, now we need 3 more starters to even compete.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

you have two starters now. Richardon and Weedon. you should get a couplke more starters tomorrow.

Patriots did well to pick up two defensive starters.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I wasn't sure on the Weedon pick, but I'm still happy. Apparently the Jags were looking to trade back into rd.1 to grab him. So no I don't believe he would still have been there at #37.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

As of this morning the Browns are actively shopping Colt McCoy.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

unless it's because of $$$, i think that's a mistake.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns single biggest need for the last 4 seasons has been a capable receiver, with more picks than anyone else in the draft we should have been in great position to get one. Round four starts in the morning. All of the top tier talent is gone, and the Browns haven't picked up one. What should have been the draft of the decade for us has become a disaster. Completely inept.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

As a Browns fan you spend all of your time searching for silver lining's. I'm pissed that we haven't selected a wide receiver to go with the new QB. Its not fair to any rookie , for them not to be given the tools,or the chance to succeed. That said I didn't realize, that with all the wheeling and dealing that has gone on , the Browns still have 7 picks in the last 4 rds. Hopefully a silver lining can be found somewhere in there.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints did a good job. Nick Toon looks like an absolute steal. the two late round offensive linemen should make the team.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

So I've poured over everything available on the guys the Browns picked up in the draft, and even some on the undrafted free agents they signed.... and I didn't hate any of them. That is not to say I wouldn't have drafted differently. I would have , but then my team comprised completely of wide receivers probably wouldnt win many games. As much as I hate the fact that the Browns chose to ignore the most talented receivers in the draft , I really like the one they eventually picked. Travis Benjamin from Miami was selected in the 4th rd. ,and man he is fast. The knock against him is size, but his little frame contains big speed. I asked for Mike Wallace, what I got was someone smaller, but perhaps faster as well.
Wide Eyed Stupid
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Mr.Broken - I am no draft guru, but I follow football well enough. so if you don't mind my unbiased look at your draft.

1 (3) - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
1 (22) -Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
2 (37) - Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
3 (87) - John Hughes, DT, Cincinnati
4 (100) - Travis Benjamin, WR, Miami
4 (120) - James-Michael Johnson, LB, Nevada
5 (160) - Ryan Miller, G, Colorado
6 (204) - Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas
6 (205)- Billy Winn, DL, Boise State
7 (245)-Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona
7 (247)- Brad Smelley, FB-TE, Alabama

first thing I noticed was that the Browns looked to the powerhouse schools. all programs that produce lots of NFL talent. kids used to discipline and winning.

Richardson should be a beast and he makes Weeden's job a lot easier.

Weeden is mature, and a hell of an athlete, having also played baseball. and hopefully the Browns keep McCoy, a proven back-up.

Schwartz is a hard worker who should be able to work his way into starting at right tackle. he should be able to learn from Joe Thomas.

I don't see much on your roster that will prevent Hughes from immediately becoming a rotational player at the very least. defensive line takes some time to learn though. but again Hughes comes from an excellent college program.

wow, your receiving corps sucks. other than Cameron at tight end and Cribbs (a better special teams player really) I don't see much to like there, sorry. I see no reason that Benjamin can't be a starter right out of training camp. if I am wrong about your receivers let me know.

if Johnson is going to play middle linebacker, then he will be backing up Jackson who seems to be a monster when healthy. but those 6 games he played two years ago seem to indicate it was move to get some depth who can be brought along slowly.

Miller looks to have a shot at starting. if not, then he looks to be some quality depth. the middle rounds produce lots of quality offensive linemen.

Acho comes from a great system and should provide quality depth. but his first mark should be special teams. I think he makes the team in that role at first.

Winn comes from a program I love (Boise St) he has also played some linebacker. I think you got a steal here. pass rushing on third down should be his initial role, but I see him earning more playing time as the season progresses.

Wade is the one guy I am the least impressed by. strictly special teams unless he gets in better condition. if he works at it maybe a depth player in the secondary.

I love the pick of Smelley. a good receiver who can swing between tight end, fullback and h-back. the Saints could use him. and he has a friend in camp with Richardson. I think you will get a lot of production from this 7th rounder.

so I think the Browns did very well. any of these guys could prove me wrong. but eventually I see six starters (Richardson, Weeden, Schwartz, Hughes, Benjamin, Miller) and all the others at least rotational with the possible exception of Wade. and a 7th rounder who could prove to be worth a starter swinging betwenn 3 positions.

tell me what you agree/disagree with.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”