Fault lines in Theoretical Physics

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

heh...missed that last of yours when you posted it, peter.
All the options you include, one way or another, "count" as observers.
Except one thing on the sealed in grad. At any given moment he knows for sure whether the outsiders have decided to kill him or not. [or at least...while alive he knows he's alive, not smeary. When he's dead...well whether or not he knows it depends on the Afterlife Question.]
Amusingly [at least to me] he knows whether he's been killed...but he DOESN't know WHY...are they still testing him? teasing him? deciding? running a random thing? or did the rest of the universe vanish?

Anyway, I notice that cuz I came here to put in this new tangent thing:
Apparently, at least in some ways, [it's probably needs further proof and checking]:
Particle/wave duality and Uncertainty are different manifestations of the same thing.

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/12/141219085153.htm
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: Yes - I'd forgotten the 'Schrodingers Cat' post as well V.

The results outlined in the article throw light into an area that is hard enough for physicists themselves to comprehend let alone lay people, so it is no suprise that I had already assumed wave-particle duality was a manifestation of uncertainty for entierly the wrong reasons. :lol:

What a fine site that is by the way; that's a place I shall bookmark for regular attention!
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

peter wrote: I had already assumed wave-particle duality was a manifestation of uncertainty for entierly the wrong reasons. :lol:
Funny. I haven't been far off from that. I didn't assume it cuz peeps way smarter than me kept arguing about it...and the "different things" peeps were the majority. But I was always wondering WHY they weren't, if not the same, at least fraternal twins...
I hope someone comes up with a good physical/experimental test.

It does look like a pretty good site, though I've only checked a couple things so far.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

While we are on it, we have the position/momentum unknowability of an atomic particle as a manifestation of uncertainty, now we have the dual nature of light as being tied into it as well, but what about the break-down of the 'casue-effect' relationship pertaining to the decay of atomic nuclei - is this in there as a manifestgation of uncertainty as well?

[By this I mean the way that it is unknowable at what point any given radioactive nuclei will itself undergo decay; there is no 'cause' that we can see that precedes the 'effect' itself, hence it's complete unpredictability. This seems to be the only place in the Universe where there is no 'cause-effect' relationship exept for the occurence of the Big-Bang itself [re it's timing]. Is this unknowability a manefestation of the same uncertainty - or something else all together?]

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

This was just fun. Click on the start, and follow things around.
Some will be familiar to some of y'all, some won't [probably].
And when you're done you'll know everything about theories of everything...
[[[heh...or not. But still, I had hella fun.]]]

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20150803 ... ories-map/
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

Here, your guide to Bohm again on eliminating the uncertainty and explaining non locality all in one place.

www.informationphilosopher.com/solution ... ists/bohm/

plato.stanford.edu/entries/determinism-causal/

www.spaceandmotion.com/Physics-David-Bo ... iverse.htm
Ardet nec Consumitur.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Vraith wrote:This was just fun. Click on the start, and follow things around.
Some will be familiar to some of y'all, some won't [probably].
And when you're done you'll know everything about theories of everything...
[[[heh...or not. But still, I had hella fun.]]]

https://www.quantamagazine.org/20150803 ... ories-map/
Life is cruel at times; I've been saving this one up and today was the day - but now it seems my laptop is deficient in some way, because all I get is a blank central screen on the quanta magazine page with the start button [top right side], but when I click on it - nothing :cry: .

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The Loresraat”