MOST ANTICIPATED UPCOMING MOVIE

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Post by Guest »

AFAIK it's still due to for release in February.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Fist and Faith wrote:Yeah, so if we we tell somebody that, in the end, Covenant
Spoiler
gives his ring to Foul, is killed by Foul, thereby placing himself between Foul and the Arch,
we can make a movie without dialog?

(:D Just giving you a hard time. I saw your :wink: )
I think your on to it! :D
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

The Watchmen
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

8O Watchmen? If it is seriously being made into a movie, I hope they know what the hell they're doing. Wonder if they have Alan Moore's blessing, or if he's involved in any way.
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

Matrixman wrote:8O Watchmen? If it is seriously being made into a movie, I hope they know what the hell they're doing. Wonder if they have Alan Moore's blessing, or if he's involved in any way.
Yes, Alan Moore did give his blessing. The big problem I have with it is the screenplay, which changes the ending drastically on the basis that it was too violent. I wrote the interviewer of the scoop I read & begged him to tell the writer to reconsider as "A ClockWork Orange" was made decades ago, Terminator 3 nukes the world, and have you ever watched Braveheart? There was no response this time. Now the screenplay writing is gaining momentum as the possible choice for director & this would be his debut. So, while I don't have a whole lot of hope here for this, it will still be neat to see Jon.
Spoiler
Hopefully this guy can get the time explanations right from when Jon goes to Mars.
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

Also in the works is:
3001: The Final Odyssey
Alien 5
Demon with a Glass Hand
The Fireflies
The Gemini Man
Generation Ship
Seconds
A Sound of Thunder
King Conan

I knew about Butterfly Effect almost 2 years ago. There's a whole lot more ofcourse, Hollywood movies tend to defrost first before they get cooked. But those are the ones that are being considered (although I think they're filming Generation Ship now & Alien 5 is slated for filming). I really like researching new movies since it is one of my hobbies. I used to have masses of DVDs, but found I rarely watched them at all, so I've cut the collection down to the very best & I rent weekly or better and if something really gets me then I buy it. I have hopes for all the above movies, but Hollywood has a track record of really screwing things up (all Batman movies, Timeline, Superman 2+ (maybe the remake will be better but I doubt it), the Hulk, etc, on & on.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Matrixman wrote: Is there still an interested audience for another Alien movie? I didn't see the last one (Alien Resurrection), and I suspect plenty of other former Alien fans didn't bother to see it either. It just seems to be a franchise that Hollywood has run into the ground.
Well, MM. I'm about as big an Alien fan as there is. I saw and own Alien Resurrection. Not my favorite Alien film. (Alien & Aliens tie for my favorites for different reasons.) A4 was kind of rediculous at times and at other times kind of cool. Its kind of frustrating in that way. I've read a lot about A5. If we're talking about Aliens loose on earth, that might be interesting enough to get my attention. A4 ended in earth's atmosphere so that seems pretty logical. Frankly the 12 year old boy in me wants to see the Alien vs. Predator film more. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

edit
Last edited by matrixman on Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

No, I don't think he is.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

duchess of malfi wrote:Leper Fairy, try this:
www.zanzaro.com/azkaban/
After checking this site, I learned that Gary Oldman will be in The Prisoner of Azkaban. That's one movie I'll add to my must see list.

Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Zephalephelah
Banned

Post by Zephalephelah »

Matrixman wrote:Thanks for the info, Zeph. This reveals my ignorance, but the only movie titles on your list that ring a bell are 3001, Alien 5 and King Conan. I don't know the rest. Are they novel adaptations, too?
Demon with a Glass Hand (I read it as a Graphic Novel. Pretty good.)

The Fireflies (Premise: Scientists lose control a weapon just 1mm long. The tiny surgical device seeks out & atomizes water molecules in the human body. The device gains control of its artificial intelligence, and desires to unleash its power on the ocean, which would destroy all life.)

The Gemini Man (Premise: A genetics company decides their corporate hitman is getting too old for the business, so they send out a 20's year old clone of him to kill him.)

Generation Ship (probably cancelled)

Seconds (Premise: You can be anything if you join the Seconds Company, have fame & fortune, but what happens when you still feel like you?)

A Sound of Thunder (Premise: Time Safari Inc. arranges hunting trips for rich customers to hunt dinosaurs. But someone screws it all up & there are time ripples which might prevent the evolution of humanity.)
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I would like to see "Troy"...not sure I'll be able too tho.

LOL..I still haven't seen ROTK!!! :? :P :lol:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I'm looking forward to Kill Bill, Vol. 2 next week. Should be a wild experience. :P
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Next week? NEXT WEEK? NEXT WEEK?!

Ahem, sorry. I just got a little excited is all. :oops:

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Melting ice caps! Floods! Tsunamis! Tornados! Blizzards! The end is nigh!

In other words, I eagerly await The Day After Tomorrow, opening May 28. :twisted:
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

In this house, there is only ONE movie worth talking about...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban

My kids are counting the MINUTES..not the days...LOL :lol:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

The Village, to be released at the end of July, sounds like it will be a good one.
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

Can't wait to see the Village, the STEPFORD WIVES (Christopher Walken!), and Spidey II.

Also, Isaw a trailer for the incredibles...looks great!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Nightraven
Ramen

Post by Nightraven »

I can't wait to see the Aliens Vs. Predator movie and also the movie Alexander which is about Alexander the Great of course!

King Arthur looks like it will be a good movie also.

Return to “Flicks”