Cravings.

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Harbinger wrote:Vader, you specifically mentioned Canadian lobster. Have you tried Forchu lobsters from Nova Scotia? They are Canadian, but not "Canadian" lobster. They are said to be the sweetest, most delicate lobsters in the world.

I have never had one, nor a European. Would love to try each.

Grocery store snow crab legs heated on a charcoal grill are consistently better than any restaurant's I've ever tried. I don't even order them out anymore.

* I'm referring to the crab legs on ice at the seafood counter or packaged by the grocer and still in the freezer. The branded and boxed crab legs are iffy and that is probably directly related to age.

As far as answering the question, the only thing I ever crave is meat. Sure, I make decisions about what to eat ahead of time, but an actual craving? That's when I must have a ribeye!
Most lobster I had was from "Heligoland", the only German off shore archipelago, located in the North Sea en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heligoland

I had a few relatives who lived there. Most of them were lobster fishers. Lobster population has dropped dramatically over the years, so eating it has became a rather expensive pleasure.

Interesting fact: Heligoland has an "upper" and a "lower" land, thus featuring a "landsdrop". The name "Heligoland" also translates into "The Land". Go figure.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

peter wrote:I don't get on with barbecue ribs - or barbecue anything come to that. I just don't like that 'hickory smoke' thing.
I dunno, Peter. I would love to try some of Z's true smoked Q.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

If Z says it's good - it's good! ;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The Galley”