I really needed this!!! LOL!!!!

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

The Exacerbater wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:The bit about the cat and disreputability made me think it has to be a joke... On the other hand, I have enough experience of the human race to know there are people confused enough to actually do this. So I have no idea whether it's real or not, but either way it's hilarious. And SRD's answer is great 8)
Same.

Agreed. It is humours no matter the context. Thanks for the Laff!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

As the great man Maddo says...
Then I eventually decided that anyone who would come to my page and read that article, and then take it seriously enough to end their lives has problems more serious than depression: the problem they have is Stupid. Stupid is a very serious disease, and judging by your email you might have it; you should check with someone. Here are some symptoms of Stupid:

You're a business major.
You own a $15,000 dollar car with racing stripes on it.
You send email to strangers babbling about their web page because you think taking a 1000 level psychology course in a community college gives you the right to talk out of your butt.
You think that sitting in meetings at work is productive.
You kill yourself over a web page.

I think he missed one out though,

-being as clueless as Christian Moller. :P ;)
ShawnPatrick
Servant of the Land

Post by ShawnPatrick »

for anyone interested
if you write to steven r donaldson he will write you back,
i wrote him a couple of times back inthe 1980s
to my suprise he returned my letters, he let me know
that the chronicles of thomas covenant had burned him out . he also sorta implied that he suffered from depression, and he was pretty sure he was done
with writing anymore on the subject.
well it years later and he has changed his outlook and mind . since i have a readers copy of the latest
covenent book, called
the last chronicles of thomas covenant,
the runes of the earth,
tho he may change that title by nov of 04
mr nice
Khaliban
Watchman, Second Class

Post by Khaliban »

"Can anyone be that stupid?"

It's an old question and difficult to answer in this situation. However, when I hear the question, I think of an old news report:

Shortly after Jurassic Park came out, a museum put in an animatronic dinosaur exhibit called "Dinosaurs Alive!". Thirteen people asked for their money back, because the dinosaurs were not, in fact, alive.
Chasmys
Servant of the Land

Post by Chasmys »

Shortly after Jurassic Park came out, a museum put in an animatronic dinosaur exhibit called "Dinosaurs Alive!". Thirteen people asked for their money back, because the dinosaurs were not, in fact, alive.
That's not stupid -- in fact, it's downright brilliant. There's a non-zero chance that the museum might hand these people money, for nothing more than the price of looking foolish.

I happen to look foolish an awful lot of the time. So, you ask, wouldn't it be nice to be paid for it once in a while? You bet Jurassic, it would.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”