Did you like Linden better?

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

SRD said in the video interview that he likes Linden, but frankly I still detest her. I'm not sure I'd describe her as arrogant. The two words that vie for use when I'm talking about Linden are "insipid" and "rubbish" :roll:
LoneStarSpur
Servant of the Land

Post by LoneStarSpur »

I didn't like her much in Second and like her even less in Runes.

I'll reserve judgement until I finish Runes, but I'm honestly very disappointed so far.

Sorry my 2nd post is negative. :)
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

CovenantJr wrote:SRD said in the video interview that he likes Linden, but frankly I still detest her. I'm not sure I'd describe her as arrogant. The two words that vie for use when I'm talking about Linden are "insipid" and "rubbish" :roll:
I detest her too... the thing with her and the Ranyhyn is still bugging me. :?
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

I'm probably repeating myself, but I liked her in this book. She's a terrific character, IMHO.

My opinion, though, seems to be in the minority.

About the Ranyhyn, don't be pissed at Linden for their show of reverence: be pissed at the Ranyhyn.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." (Anais Nin)
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I agree with you burgsy. The hallmark of a SRD chacter is complexity and the propensity toward the reader not enjoying them...at first at least.

In the 2nd chrons, I found her lack of strength apalling..esp. when TC would protect her in spite of such. But this is of course what SRD wants.

In the final chrons., I enjoy her resolve and sailor mouth. She has grown into herself as she discovered her ability to love.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”