ANTHOLOGY Status Report

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Well said Myste! I trust you completely. Do as your professional sensibilities dictate. I'm pretty sure my fellow authors would agree. :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Joy - I should be able to get my edited story back to you today.

Myste - I should be able to write my short bio for you today.

-jay(Been slacking off)
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Myste wrote:Authors, you've voluntarily put yourselves into our hands--trust me. I have strong hands. :D
We're putty in your hands, even though nothing turns to putty in your hands.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

dANdeLION wrote:We're putty in your hands, even though nothing turns to putty in your hands.
Uhm, I don't know what the second half of that means, but, uh, thanks anyway. I think. :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

It was a line from Hot Shots Part Deux, and I bet you know exactly what it means. :mrgreen:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

:P

If I was joking, I'd say, "A horse walks into a bar..." ;)
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Myste wrote:The screen names are going to be incorporated into the interior design of the book.
That sounds good, Myste. It doesn't sound like any of us had thought beyond bylines. Of course we trust your professional knowledge -- that's why you were picked. Apologies for not "thinking outside the box". We -- meaning I -- just didn't know enough about the possibilities.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Dragonlily wrote:
Myste wrote:The screen names are going to be incorporated into the interior design of the book.
That sounds good, Myste. It doesn't sound like any of us had thought beyond bylines. Of course we trust your professional knowledge -- that's why you were picked. Apologies for not "thinking outside the box". We -- meaning I -- just didn't know enough about the possibilities.
...They are endless....:D
BT Shire
Woodhelvennin

Post by BT Shire »

I want to say thanks to everyone; it's a great honor to have my story be included in this anthology! I was away for the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to work on my bio, but I'll try have it in to Myste this week. I don't want to hold things up. I can't wait to have the finished product and read everyone's stories!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

We have reached a milestone. The last of the stories have been turned in to the publisher -- that's Myste. ;)
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

You'd think, being unemployed, I'd have gotten a lot done on the antho. You'd think so, wouldn't you. :shifty:
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

It didn't help that it took me 4 months to finish editing my own story...heh.

How soon do you want those writer bios? I hate writing autobiographies...heh. Maybe I'll just make it all up, heh.-jay
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Once upon a time there was a young lad named Jay...
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

There's an idea, Jay. You could write your message in limericks! :lol:

As I understand it, it doesn't have to be about your life, it can be about ideas that led to you writing the story, or something else related.

I'm sure counting on that.

Maybe you could say something about Kevin's Watch.
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Soon is good, but I don't plan on rushing anybody. When it comes to it, if I don't have a person's bio, I'll let them know and start applying the thumbscrews. :D :twisted:
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Yeah, that's true. I really don't have to talk a lot about my life. I guess it's just hard for me to write period. Unless you want me to write up a design report for some environmental system, heh.

But yeah, good idea. I'll probably talk about the Watch a little and anything I can remember about the inspiration I had for the story.-jay
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Myste wrote:Soon is good, but I don't plan on rushing anybody. When it comes to it, if I don't have a person's bio, I'll let them know and start applying the thumbscrews. :D :twisted:
Give me a day - my life has been hectic.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Okay, okay. Let's say June 25th. That's a week from Saturday.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Oh crikey, I've always hated stuff like this, but I'm always having to do it for some conference or event or something...

How about something mysterious like... "Lives with her family secluded on an Oregon mountain." hehehe :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Furls Fire wrote:Oh crikey, I've always hated stuff like this, but I'm always having to do it for some conference or event or something...

How about something mysterious like... "Lives with her family secluded on an Oregon mountain." hehehe :D
:haha:

You have to mention that you have no hair. It adds to the...mystery. ;)
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”