334 Inmates vs. me

Archive From The 'Tank
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

and yet Texas continues to behind most states in employee pay. but at least Houston built a football, baseball and basketball stadium at taxpayer expense.

Go Team!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

dennisrwood wrote:Cail: while Bush was Govenor of Texas he refused to increase the pay scale for prison employees. seems the private prison sector cronies payed him off, err, i mean donated to his campaign.
Be that as it may, that doesn't address the fact that Federal prison pay has increased.

Boy y'all are gonna be screwed when Bush is out of office and there's nowhere to direct all your venom.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

did you ever answer if the funding went to the workers or the red tape? and it's funny, i voted for Bush the first time out. and i have voted Republican in every presidential election i have voted in, until this last one. it's Bush and his cabal that drove me away. and i remember the bile directed at Clinton by the conservatives. Rush's "America Held Hostage"
well it turns out that Rush is a two bit junkie. Tom Delay fed at the trough.
and the administration has a broad view on truth. i guess truth is whatever is means?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Dennis, the breakdown of the spending is provided in my links, so yes, I did answer you.

After 8 years of Clinton, the GOP got their collective s*it together and dominated every election since 2000. The Dems have done nothing other than fight amongst themselves, and incoherently blame Bush for everything including the weather.

Kym blames Bush for not funding the Federal prisons. I posted links disproving her assertion, and reminded her that it's actually the Congress that passes the budget. That's it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Everything about George Junior stands my fur on end. There is something major lacking in him--I didn't care for his dad or his uncle Ronnie, but I didn't have this visceral reaction of loathing to them that I do for Junior.

It isn't just his lies or his justifications for inhuman acts--its something fundamentally *creepy* as well. Though the first two are the main reasons I criticize him as I do. I just thought I'd mention the fact that I don't loath every republican politician alive. But I DO loath Junior.

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Cail,
After 8 years of Clinton, the GOP got their collective s*it together and dominated every election since 2000. The Dems have done nothing other than fight amongst themselves, and incoherently blame Bush for everything including the weather.
Dominated?! Are you kidding me! Bush won the '00 election by the smallest margin in American history. And we all know '04 was no picnic either. So don't tell me they've dominated every election. :roll:
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Which is certainly your right, but I think that many people of your political bent are downright irrational when it comes to Bush (just as many Republicans were about Clinton).

What's frustrating is that the Dems are doing nothing. There's going to be an election in 17 months, and it's probably going to be yet another GOP blowout. At least here in MD, the Dems are doing squat. Nationally, they're doing squat too.

Why aren't they attacking the administration about the alleged prisoner abuses?

Why aren't they doing anything?
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Cail, there's very little legislating Dems can do at the Fed level right now, and you've been crying about them "whining" every time they do protest about something like what you've just described.

I do think, however, that the phrase "Give Em Enough Rope" might not be a bad description for the Dems strategy right now. The shifts of power in the houses have been tied to the Prez's approval rating so far. Between Shrub and the Hammer (and SS, and Healthcare, and Iraq, and...), you might be in for a suprise - if you're looking for another "blowout" for the GOP.

PS - as for the "irrational hatred" Dubya inspires amongst Dems, remember: We used to get all fired up about a President who thought that ketchup counted as a vegetable, when it came to feeding American schoolchildren. If you extrapolate out from there, a guy who gets thousands killed because he "misunderestimated" (at best) the intelligence that got us into this quagmire is going to get a much stronger reaction.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Precisely, because whining isn't doing. Why on earth can't a rational, well-spoken Democrat get on the news and start demanding answers and propose options, rather than just flailing away at W?

I dunno, you may be right that they can't accomplish anything, but the "give 'em enough rope" tactic doesn't seem to be working.
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Cail wrote:Precisely, because whining isn't doing. Why on earth can't a rational, well-spoken Democrat get on the news and start demanding answers and propose options, rather than just flailing away at W?

I dunno, you may be right that they can't accomplish anything, but the "give 'em enough rope" tactic doesn't seem to be working.
Here you go: www.johnconyers.campaignoffice.com/
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Now this is what I'm talking about.
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Heh--I've signed it!

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Cail will sign it as well, I'm sure. Full disclosure is what he's all about!

(That's not sarcasm. When it gets right down to it, Cail's more about truth than Party.)
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Already signed it.
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

and i will point out that because of abortion, i'm no card carrying democrat. and i signed it as well.
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Signed it and e-mailed the link to several friends!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Kymbierlee
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kymbierlee »

In the interest of honesty, I decided to check the latest federal prison budget versus the pre-Bush budget. Sorry to rain on your parade Kym, but it's increased since he was elected. In all fairness though, the Prez has very little do do with this, since it's actually the Congress who votes on the budget.
Cail-
The President proposes the budget to OPM, and yes, Congress usually rapes it. However, for the MINIMAL increase we have seen in funding in the past five years, we have seen upwards of 10 new institutions come on line and are operating at 45% overcapacity. We are staffed at 85-89%, compared to the high 90's under Clinton. OPM ORDERED the Director of the BOP to cut spending in 2004 by 130 million and by 300 million in 2005. OPM answers to Bush. Please don't tell me it's not his fault or I will be forced to vomit on you. You may know a lot about a lot of things, but don't tell me Bushco aren't at fault here. I have spent too much time researching this, too much time in DC protesting and too much time as vice president of my union to let you tell me what you think you know about my job from a couple of web sites you looked at. Incidentally, if you come work for the BOP and still think Bush is labor friendly in a year, I will place more value on your opinion.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Standing by with air freshener in case of Vomitting.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Wow Kym...Lay it on him huh?

Gotta say you have a point, a least insofar as the value of personal experience goes. :D

--A
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Kym--my brother works at the Federal Prison in Waseca--and he is fearful for his job as the Bush administration favors privatizing prisons--which would lead to prisons being run for profit meaning that the corporations who ran them would be more concerned with the bottom line than safety, rehabilitation, or personnel.

And you can just about imagine, can't you, just which people will be selected as the privateers....

OH, sure there will be a semblance of bid placement....but we all know who's gonna come away a winner.

Just remember...*cough coughhalliburton coughcough*

Return to “Coercri”