Whos your favorite character...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

danlo wrote:Liand
That's it! Thanks, danlo!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

#1: Mhoram - his gentleness, his strength, his compassion for TC.

#2: Pitchwife - his warmth and humor and love.
The King has one more move.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

1st Chrons-Bannor

2nd Chrons-Cail, with Kasreyn a close second.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

My favorite is definitely Pitchwife. Not sure why exactly, there's just something about the dude that makes him so interesting. He has a lot of qualities I can admire.

Maybe it's because he's one of the classic examples of how someone who is flawed in some way can overcome their weaknesses to live a great life. Simply by working hard, not letting your spirits down, and by having a great sense of humor (which I can relate to, heh).

Maybe it's because any person who's crazy enough to combine vitrim and diamondraught together in order to create some sort of super drink deserves some props. Heh.

Or maybe it's just because if a loser like Pitchwife can manage to find a girl who's interested in him, then there is hope for us losers everywhere. Hehe.

It's been a while since I've read the series though, so my recollection of details isn't too great. I just remember that Pitchwife was my favorite character.-jay
Revenant
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Revenant »

From 1st Chrons:
1) Elena — such a wild element, so much potential, such a loss...
2) Mhoram — humility, wisdom, strenght, friendliness...
3) Hile Troy — cool sunglasses
4) Fourteenth ur-vile from fifth wedge on the left on last battle in third book... I think he knew war was not a solution, but was afraid to speak out. Died so young.

From 2nd Chrons:
[blank]
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

3) Hile Troy — cool sunglasses
4) Fourteenth ur-vile from fifth wedge on the left on last battle in third book... I think he knew war was not a solution, but was afraid to speak out. Died so young.
:LOLS:
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
mystmaiden
Servant of the Land

favorite characters

Post by mystmaiden »

First and always, Covenant, for a lot of reasons, because he didn't dare believe, because he could hate and then turn away from that hate, because of his capacity to love and his need to deny it, because he was a hero in spite of himself.

Hile Troy because he dared to believe.

Foamfollower because he could break your heart and make you smile at the same time.

Mhoram because he was Covenant's friend.

The First of the Search because she loved Pitchwife.

myst
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Alphabetically:

Amok
Bannor
Cail
Caerroil Wildwood
Findail
Foamfollower
Gossamer Glowlimn
Hollian
Mhoram
Pitchwife
Sunder
Vain

When it comes right down to it, though, Foamfollower and Mhoram are tied for first.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

OMG! 8O I can't believe I (and everyone else) forgot Hamako! Twice bereft: he simply RULES!!!

(and remember Pitch and Linden had death in common, as well :( )

Cable Seadreamer pretty cool too...but, like Vain, too chatty! :P
fall far and well Pilots!
tyciol
Servant of the Land

Post by tyciol »

danlo wrote:Vain--without a doubt! The dude never shuts up! :P (I'm serious though-I love Vain!)--after that, it's tough, probably Pitchwife.
Yes!!! I felt so alone! Vain is definately my most favourite character. Prior to that, probably either Covenant or the Despiser.
// There is no sig. //
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Mhoram. Ever since Lord Mhoram's Victory (I think that was the chapter) he was just incredible.

Liand. If I remember right he guy who was the turned into the watcher of the forest? Torn with trust & uncertainty, always trying to protect the land. Struck me as a regular joe with incredible determination & tough as an ox.

Vain, was an incredibly mysterious character that really, really had my attention.

Covenant, in the Land, would have been a guy I would have liked to beat up just for fun. The whole Linden thing always bugged me. But somehow with all these disliked & messed up characters it worked out into a bunch of books that I will re-read over & over again (the incredible Gap series included)
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Although Lord Hyrim is still my favorite character, Foamfollower would be my second, and Lord Mhoram my third.
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Liand. If I remember right he guy who was the turned into the watcher of the forest? Torn with trust & uncertainty, always trying to protect the land. Struck me as a regular joe with incredible determination & tough as an ox.
Perhaps you mean Hile Troy?
Spoiler
Liand is a character in Runes.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Oops it wasn't Liand, it was Sunder I believe.
It was the fetid halitus of the most diseased mortality condensed to its essence and elevated to the transcendence of prophecy, promise, suzerain truth—the definitive commandment of darkness.
Luke The Unbeliever
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Luke The Unbeliever »

Other than obviously Covenant....

Lord Mhoram without a doubt.

After that, everyone else is in the books is a tie.
With the exception of the Elohim, Kaseryn, and The Gaddhi, whom I completely hate with a passion.
:x
Brian: Who cured you?
Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.
Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?
Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the @$$ to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Dawngreeter wrote:Oops it wasn't Liand, it was Sunder I believe.
Ah ok i though the 'watcher of the forest' meant the change in Hile Troy at the climax of the Illearth War.

Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Mhoram
Baracka
Stonedownor

Post by Baracka »

It's hard to pick a single character. There were so many wonderful and interesting people.

Characters I loved most:

1. Thomas Covenant. He is Wild Magic personified. A walking paradox.
2. Lord Mhoram. Wise, strong. A powerful force for Good.
3. High Lord Elena. Beautiful. Undoubtedly, I would not be able to resist her either.
4. Saltheart Foamfollower. A true friend.

Characters I hated the most:
1. Lord Foul. So easy to hate. Wish he would die, so that Land could be the paradise it was meant to be.
2. Creator. Cannot forgive a Maker who abandons his own Creation, or makes such an error to curse the Land with an enemy.
3. Three Ravers. Hate these guys.
4. The Elohim. Hated these guys.
Stave
Stonedownor

Post by Stave »

1st Chronicles: #1 would be Bannor even though he pissed me off
Foam and Mhoram would tie for second

2nd Chronicles: #1 is Pitchwife for being such a fun character
#2 nom cuz he rocks
#3 would be the new staff of law, lol, think about how cool a
character a mix of vain and findail would be

3rd Chronicles: #1 duh...Stave
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."~Mel Brooks
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Stave wrote:1st Chronicles: #1 would be Bannor even though he pissed me off
I'm intrigued! In what way did Bannor annoy you so much? I don't think I've heard anyone say that about ol' Bannor until now. Usually, it's Covenant who turns readers off (in the beginning, anyway). :P

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”