Pink Floyd!!

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Afore ye get started, an opportune moment to postulate on a scene from a movie of Dark Side of the Moon,
where the protagonist has a DNA realisation similar to the one in the horror flick, the Fly.

:grinlove: buzzin e's tits off
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I looked up Dark Side of the Moon and it came up with a movie from 1990 - is this what you're referring to Luke? I haven't seen the movie - something about the Devil taking 666 lives?? Anyway, sorry but I don't understand what you're referring to.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Dark Side of the Moon

Released: March 1973
StevieG rating: 8.9/10

WARNING: Wax lyrical alert :D

Here we are, Pink Floyd's eighth studio album. The album that propelled them to stardom and wealth.

- Critically acclaimed.
- On the US Billboard 200 for 950 weeks.
- Estimated sales of 45 million copies, making it one of the best selling albums of all time.

But is it really THAT good? The answer, of course, is: YES! This album changed my perception of music forever. I grew up on great artists like Elton John, Billy Joel, Eagles, Midnight Oil, AC/DC and countless others. When I first heard this album in my vulnerable teens, I could not believe its power and accessibility. The idea of the 'concept' album, the songs that are instantly relatable, the incredible power of the words, music, composition - all tied together with a heartbeat at each end - almost all songs transitioning into the next one, it really did blow my mind.

There's a long history to this album. Some of the interesting parts for me include:

- Roger Waters floated the idea of the album at a band meeting at Nick Mason's house.
- The concept was: things that 'make people mad', the pressures of everyday living.
- Early versions of the album were taken on tour over a year before its actual release.
- Most of the spoken dialogue on the album came about from a series of interviews with a set of questions. The answers that seemed most relevant or interesting were used on the album.
- The laughter on Brain Damage and Speak to Me was from Peter Watts, father of actress Naomi Watts. Peter Watts died of a heroin overdose aged 30.
- Paul McCartney was one of the interviewees, but they didn't use his answers on the album.
- The album's cover art seemed to come out of Richard Wright's request that it should be "simple and bold".
- Some of the profits were invested in the production of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The lyrics come back to reality and are instantly relatable. This quote from Waters is interesting:

When the record was finished I took a reel-to-reel copy home with me and I remember playing it for my wife then, and I remember her bursting into tears when it was finished. And I thought, "This has obviously struck a chord somewhere", and I was kinda pleased by that. You know when you've done something, certainly if you create a piece of music, you then hear it with fresh ears when you play it for somebody else. And at that point I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a pretty complete piece of work", and I had every confidence that people would respond to it.

One of the major emotional impacts of this album is the inclusion of backing vocals. Some of the songs soar to new heights when the backing vocals swell in unison. There is hardly any padding - most of the songs are the length they should be, and it has one of the most high-impact endings to any album I've ever heard.

It's also one of Richard Wright's career highlights. Overall, I think the contribution of all members is reaching, or has reached, its peak with this album.

Speak to Me

Written by: Nick Mason
StevieG rating: 6/10

It is described as an overture. It starts with a heartbeat, and builds other parts of the whole album together: Clare Torry's scream, clocks ticking, Peter Watts' laughter, cash register and so on. It introduces the album effectively, and without outstaying its welcome. It's too hard to separate this one and Breathe, so the link contains both songs.

Breathe

Written by: Waters, Gilmour, Wright
StevieG rating: 9/10

"Don't be afraid to care". This song is written by Wright and Gilmour, with lyrics by Waters. It sets the scene and feel of the album with the distinctive keyboard / organ sound. I love its richness - it's a wave of sound blended together.

On the Run

Written by: Waters, Gilmour
StevieG rating: 6/10

This is a tense, synth-based song with many sound effects moving from speaker to speaker - it is intended to portray the pressures of travel. It successfully creates that tension and urgency, and once again, it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Time

Written by: Waters, Gilmour, Wright, Mason
StevieG rating: 10/10

Opens with a bunch of clocks and timepieces which all ring at once, and then this heartbeat and rushing tick-tock, before the opening chords come in accompanied by some appropriate drumming (the perfect sound on roto-toms). This section builds to the main thrust of the song and we're away. Gilmour's singing on this is just excellent. Wright sings lead in the bridge, which is also perfect, as it has a softer, more mournful tone accompanied by the backing vocals. The lyrics are so perfect:

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say

Home
Home again
I like to be here
When I can

When I come home
Cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones
Beside the fire

Far away
Across the field
Tolling on the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell

This songs contains probably one of my favourite guitar solos ever. It's not that it's the most outrageous solo ever, but it is soooooo appropriate to the song and is delivered with such feeling and soul. I spent a long time in my youth perfecting this solo on the guitar. Unfortunately time moves on :D and I couldn't play it to save myself now.

Near the end of it, we get the backing vocals to give it immense power and then the heartfelt singing comes back in. The backing vocals continue to add depth and beauty to this incredible song.

Then it segues into "Breathe" reprise seamlessly. A flawless song.

The Great Gig in the Sky

Written by: Richard Wright, Clare Torry

One of Richard Wright's great achievements, sung with incredible feeling and skill by Clare Torry. Throw in a few poignant words from Gerry O'Driscoll and Patricia Watts, and you have a masterpiece.

Money

Written by: Roger Waters

Once again, sound effects are used to great effect. The money sounds, cash register and so on, combine in a very satisfying way to introduce the song. Direct, relevant lyrics accompany this great song. It moves nicely from the 7/4 time signature, with the inclusion of Dick Parry's saxophone solo, into a 4/4 extended solo, Gilmour SMOKING guitar magic, and a stripped-back section followed by a BIG Gimour solo once again. It extends satisfyingly and then morphs back into the verse, and then into some spoken words that are actually interesting. The main song slowly fades (I love how you can hear Dave in the background singing to his own guitar work) and the keyboards of "Us and Them" fade in.

Us and Them

Written by: Wright, Waters

Another of Richard Wright's great achievements. The lyrics are also amazing, contributing to a wonderful song about various conflicts. Waters explains each of the verses:

The first verse is about going to war, how on the front line we don't get much chance to communicate with one another, because someone else has decided that we shouldn't. The second verse is about civil liberties, racism and colour prejudice. The last verse is about passing a tramp in the street and not helping.

I particularly appreciate:

"Forward!" he cried, from the rear
And the front rank died

The chorus is musical splendour. Rick's piano solo encapsulates Rick in its beauty, followed by a snippet of spoken word and sax solo:

Well I mean, they're not gonna kill ya, so like, if you give 'em a quick sh ... short, sharp shock, they don't do it again. Dig it? I mean 'e got off light, 'cause I coulda given 'im a thrashin' but I only hit 'im once. It's only the difference between right and wrong innit? I mean good manners don't cost nothin' do they, eh?

It all contributes to a towering achievement, ending with the chorus again and going straight into "Any Colour You Like".

Any Colour You Like

Written by: Gimour, Mason, Wright
StevieG rating: 8/10

This, to me, serves as the intro to the final two songs. It ties off Us and Them and moves into the final stage of the album. Effective synthesizer work moves nicely into a great guitar solo. The way the guitar accompanies the backing vocals, and then almost duels with itself in each speaker is really cool. It jams on for a bit and then gives a final guitar intro to Brain Damage.

Brain Damage

I can't possibly separate these next 2 songs so the link has both. These songs transformed my thinking towards making music forever. I still tear up listening to this masterpiece. Waters' singing is dripping with empathy. The start of the song is reasonably quiet. Then it swells into the refrain with the background vocals - it's like opening your soul:

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And then it opens more with the backing vocals going from "ooooooh" to "aaaaah"... this is where the lump in the throat starts:

And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too

And then the tears start welling as it opens even more with all singers singing the line:

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

The second verse is sad, so sad. And we have the iconic laughter from the late Peter Watts, perfectly inserted into this part. Prepare yourself again, as Rick's keyboard prefaces the chorus again:

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no-one seems to hear

Followed by a perfect wail - not really a wail, a beautiful, soulful expression from a beautiful singer. The next part must be about Syd:

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

These two songs are easily my favourites in terms of emotional impact, in their entire catalogue.

Eclipse

Same link as Brain Damage. It starts big, but then quietens to start the lyrics:

All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel

Enter the backing vocals:

And all that you love
And all that you hate
All you distrust
All you save

It builds, and adds some backing vocal parts. "All you give!"

And all that you give
And all that you deal
And all that you buy
Beg, borrow or steal

And then it explodes with a drum fill, and fills the speakers with the harmonies and power:

And all you create
And all you destroy
And all that you do
And all that you say
And all that you eat
And everyone you meet (everyone you meet)
And all that you slight
And everyone you fight

The pinnacle has been reached, and continues for the final lyrics:

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

It ends with some final spoken word, and the heartbeat to tie the album from start to finish.

Roger Waters explained the song in general:

I don't see it as a riddle. The album uses the sun and the moon as symbols; the light and the dark; the good and the bad; the life force as opposed to the death force. I think it's a very simple statement saying that all the good things life can offer are there for us to grasp, but that the influence of some dark force in our natures prevents us from seizing them. The song addresses the listener and says that if you, the listener, are affected by that force, and if that force is a worry to you, well I feel exactly the same too. The line 'I'll see you on the dark side of the moon' is me speaking to the listener, saying, 'I know you have these bad feelings and impulses because I do too, and one of the ways I can make direct contact with you is to share with you the fact that I feel bad sometimes.

Yes, this album is alright :D
Last edited by StevieG on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Dark Side of the Moon

Speak to Me - classic. Instantly recognizable. It sums up the album perfectly. One of Nick's major contribution to the album.

Null Rating - 6 out of 10.

Breathe - a reworking of a song Roger did for the soundtrack to the Body with Ron Geesin. But that was a simple acoustic number. This is lush. Every instrument is pronounced. Dave hits his stride a vocalist. Everything has a purpose.

Null Rating - 9 out of 10.

On the Run - the history of how they created this is fascinating.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_ ... trumental)
It works best live with the addition of the filmed part. Like Speak to Me it works best as part of the larger album.

Null Rating - 6 out of 10.

Time - iconic opening, the clocks announcing perfectly. Again Dave sounds strong. In concert the stage was dark except Nick's sticks hitting the toms. It was awesome. The lyrical beginning is sublime. "Kicking away the moments..." separating the verses between Dave and Rick works out beautifully. This is the best Rick has sounded. As great as the guitar solo is, Dave says Roger accidently erased an even better solo. "The sun is the same in a relative way" remains one of my favorite lines ever. This song, this album are a highlight for Roger lyrically. They are poetic but relatable.

Null Rating - 10 out of 10. [Sould be higher.]

The Great Gig in the Sky - this is another worth reading about.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gre ... in_the_Sky
It is perfect. Clare Torry makes the song. She deserves the writing credit. Roger is correct in saying Rick's best work is on this album

Null Rating - 10 out of 10.

Money - this sounds like nothing else. The registers and coins you here at the beginning Roger did. The coins he did at home in a shed. This song has its origins in the 12 bar blues Floyd used to do live. The time signatures grab you because not everyone used the 7/4, and the transition into 4/4 is more pronounced. Dick Parry is well used as the saxophone was no longer so common in rock. Fading out. Dave's solo comes in two parts as well. The reverb heavy start and the dry middle. An amazing composition throughout. Great cynical lyrics, a parody of rock star cliches. Great vocals.

Us and Them - when I saw Floyd live, we song all the echoing parts. It was amazing. This song defines lush. Rick is perfect here. The production is as well. The swell hits at the right time. Dick Parry adds to the music and nothing is muddled.

Any Colour You Like - "as long as its black" completes the old Ford slogan. Love the double guitar revisiting the end of Echoes. Odd in that it was written by Dave, Rick and Nick. No Roger.

Null Rating - 8 out of 10.

Brain Damage - Roger was right to sing these, giving us a contrast to Dave and Rick. Another song where the music swells, giving it more emotional impact. It contains one of the saddest lyrics ever... "and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes" all of the lyrics are strong.

Eclipse - the perfect ending. The listing Roger does here would become a lyrical device he would return to. He ties it up with the heartbeat. Another device he would return to, linking the last song to the first song on an album It is an emotional song, Roger finds a universal dialog on this album, subjects he and the listeners can both relate to. This album remains the pinnacle of Floyd's career. A touchstone for all of rock and roll. This is what music should be.

Null Rating - 10 out of 0.

Album Rating - 8.9 out of 10.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

StevieG wrote:I looked up Dark Side of the Moon and it came up with a movie from 1990 - is this what you're referring to Luke? I haven't seen the movie - something about the Devil taking 666 lives?? Anyway, sorry but I don't understand what you're referring to.
I've never seen that movie either, SG. I was postulating on an imaginary (2020) movie with the music interspersed with moments of light humour. I wasn't reallly expecting the post to be understood but felt it important enough to post anyway!!

Switched on my internet connection today to see the Bing browser picture of the Earth seen from the Moon ...
a nice coincedence. :biggrin:
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Lazy Luke wrote:
Switched on my internet connection today to see the Bing browser picture of the Earth seen from the Moon ...
a nice coincedence. :biggrin:
Nice!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Null - identical ratings! There's a first. I might put a comparison table together to see how we've rated albums.

I've also been rounding my ratings to the nearest 0.5 - I will think about going back and making it to the 0.1.

I wonder what Gilmour's original Time solo sounded like - one of those things we'll never know :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Dave was quite pissed about it he said. Or as pissed as he would get.

Some early versions of the songs.

Breathe from the Body soundtrack Roger did with Ron Geesin.
https://youtu.be/Q1oV8mGPNBQ

Travel Sequence [On the Run]
https://youtu.be/wL240dhTaIc

Time [slower, earlier version - live]
https://youtu.be/SZ6TcoSeLQ4

Great Gig in the Sky [Apollo 17 version]
https://youtu.be/xdKRWSWhA28

Great Gig in the Sky [Mortality Sequence]
https://youtu.be/u7OQa4NCW2I

Us & Them [jazzier? Version]
https://youtu.be/SncNypR2eXE

Brain Damage / Eclipse [laugh version]
https://youtu.be/6pSMpVgn2Sc

Let me know what you think.

I'm not surprised we had the same rating. I believe WYWH will be close. Animals likely as well. The Wall is so sprawling that it can leave room for different ratings. I'm a fan of the Final Cut, not everyone is. Momentary is likely to have different opinions. But the Division Bell should close. The Endless River will be a challenge.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Interesting versions. All of them improved on the album version. Breathe is drastically changed - The Body version isn't unpleasant though. I also don't mind Travel sequence, but the final version is way different and better.

The others are definitely improved on the album - the mortality sequence being quite different from the final version.

Here's an interesting live version of Time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGL7j2LN84

Bit of a mash up, which I wish he didn't do, but the song from the reunion is great.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

The Pink Floyd reunion was great.

Time might be their best song. That or Wish You Were Here.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Just wanted to say this thread has some really great posts. Awesome work there Stevie. and Sarge and all the others too.

I have been listening to Pink Floyd for a while now. I wasn't around or at least listening in to appreciate the Syd Barrett sounds then (but shit I really dig that "English" style he brought!) and so my early experience was around Animals and Dark Side of the Moon.

Went to the cinema to see The Wall on my own as a 12 year old one sunday afternoon. My date stood me up! Anyway, it was the start of a personal thing that i have had with this band ever since. I liked them in my own way and I loved them for that. At the time it was my opinion and everyone else was free to have their own. The Final Cut came soon after that. Then I went looking for more of the earlier stuff.

Hard for me to even shortlist my favorite songs. Why does Run Like Hell come to mind?
Dark side of the moon,
Shine on you crazy diamond
Have a cigar!
On the Turning away.
Money
They got a tune for every mood.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Good to see you in here Kizza. They do indeed have a tune for every mood. I have been re-evaluating my favourites as the review goes on. It's been a good experience because I force myself to listen properly to each song.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Wish you Were Here

Released: September 1975
StevieG rating: 8.6/10

This album is influenced strongly by David Gilmour's desire to focus more on the music than Dark Side of the Moon. He is quoted saying:

I had some criticisms of Dark Side of the Moon... ...One or two of the vehicles carrying the ideas were not as strong as the ideas that they carried. I thought we should try and work harder on marrying the idea and the vehicle that carried it, so that they both had an equal magic... It's something I was personally pushing when we made Wish You Were Here.

In this case, it was a winner. I personally have zero criticisms of Dark Side of the Moon, but I also have very few criticism of this album. I think it was a good idea to split Shine On into the beginning and the end.

The recording sessions were interrupted by a visit from an unrecognisable Syd Barrett, while they were recording Shine On - a song about Syd.

Barrett in 1967

Barrett in 1975 during the Wish you were here recordings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shine_On_ ... zy_Diamond

Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts 1-5

Written by: Gilmour, Wright, Waters

This is parts 1-5 but I don't feel the need to split it since it's a 10/10 song. Part 1 introduces the song with lush keyboard chords, followed by some iconic guitar intro in Part 2. Part 3 starts with the familiar 4-note guitar (something the David came up with accidentally, and Roger encouraged him to develop it further). These 3 parts are around 8 and a half minutes before the singing starts. In this case, I just want to listen to more of it! It's such a pleasure to listen to.

Part 4 comes in: Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun. Awesome. Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the skies. And they just get better. It's an iconic section.

Part 5 starts with a sax solo. It's appropriate for the song. I have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of too much saxophone. Fortunately for this album and the previous one, they are perfectly timed.

Welcome to the Machine

StevieG rating: 7/10

The concept is brilliant. Probably a little heavy on the synths for my liking but I understand why they did it. Also I can hardly recognise Gilmour singing this song - is it really him? It should have been lower in my opinion. The lyrics are spot on.

Have a Cigar

StevieG rating: 9/10

Great intro! The music industry takes a huge hit in this song. Waters and Gilmour disagreed about quite a bit in this song. Roy Harper does a good job, but I give it one demerit as I think either Roger or David should have sung it. It sounds like a Roger song. Interesting that Roger wasn't completely happy with Harper's delivery, whereas David thought it was perfect. David also refused to sing it as he had a different opinion of the music industry at that time. And Roger struggled to sing it. The rift is developing...

Wish You Were Here

Written by: Gilmour, Waters

One of the Floyd's best songs. It's one that Waters and Gilmour agree on - that it is a great song.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts 6-9

Written by: Wright, Gilmour, Waters
StevieG rating: 7/10

Starts with wind! And a keyboard solo of sorts. Meanders along pleasantly with nice chord progressions, and then moves into the guitar solo which is also pleasant without being spectacular. This part differs from the first 5 in that I'm keen to get to the singing. When the singing does come, it's awesome again but is all too brief. After the singing section, it drifts in limbo for a while with some keyboard parts and a nice bass line, for a bit too long in my opinion, before moving into the final part. The final part is a nice way to finish it, it gives me a drifting away feeling, but it works as an ending.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Wish You Were Here

Shine on You Crazy Diamond pts 1-5 : Roger tips his hand on who this song is for in the title. Shine on You crazy Diamond. I love the lyrics, very evocative. Roger's vocals sound strong here. Dave blends in with his vocals nicely. The guitar is iconic. I agree that has just enough sax. Though it's a long song, it feels shorter than it is. The sections are broken up just exactly correctly. Saucerful, Atom Heart and Echoes were building up to this.

Welcome to the Machine - I love the music except the overuse of synth. This song is much better live. Great lyrics, there is an urgency in the music. I find the party noises, etc an unecessary distraction.

Null Rating - 7 out of 10.

Have A Cigar- tremendous bass line. Dave really nails all his guitar parts on this one. Roy Harper does a good job on the vocals. But I do wish Roger had just kept at it. Here he is singing it.
https://youtu.be/aJc6lfBILog
"By the way, which one is Pink?"

Null Rating - 8 out of 10. One demerit for the vocals.

Wish You Were Here - beautiful. Their most universal song. One you can sing around an open campfire and everyone there will have someone this song is about. The acoustic guitar is perfect. I'm going to do a whole post about different versions.

Null Rating - 10 out of 10. [Should be higher]

Shine on you Crazy Diamond pts 6-9 : underrated. Starts out with great instrumentals. Dave is smoking on the steel. And then we get a beautiful final farewell to Syd in Roger's lyrics. Dave's guitar punching through. And then a funky part, featuring nice interplay between Roger on bass on Rick on clavinet! And then right before ending at about 12:15, Rick plays the synth line to See Emily Play. A touching and subtle tribute to Rick's friend Syd. Thank you Rick. You are both missed.

Null Rating - 9 out of 10.

Album Rating - 8.8 out of 10.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Wish You Were Here

https://youtu.be/8sAF-7F4m2E
Alternate version with Stephane Grappelli on violin.
The video footage was taken from the Live in Pompeii movie.

Https://youtu.be/WaEKXGlfYj8
David Gilmour live in Pompeii.

https://youtu.be/TcKepGxxSu4
Roger Waters live. In Mexico?

https://youtu.be/4fHjRjbORD8
Roger Waters w/ Eric Clapton live in 2004

https://youtu.be/GwrnjtW-rfk
Avenged Sevenfold

https://youtu.be/7Vlg4LCYFfk
Widespread Panic

https://youtu.be/NlSExt7xxa4
Gov't Mule

https://youtu.be/DuJwQCawPUs
Rasputina - my favorite cover version

https://youtu.be/kFn8x4TnzKY
Pink Floyd - Live 8 [Reunion]

https://youtu.be/uKCMSWbC9VY
Syd and Wish You Were Here
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I really like both of the Roger Waters versions, and the reunion one. The Roger versions have feeling, and great backing vocals.

It's also a good snippet on Syd's visit during the recording sessions.

The Gov't Mule version isn't available for me - it could be a Country setting perhaps.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Stevie - try to find a Govt Mule that works for you. They always are great. They cover a wide variety of bands. They do other Floyd songs as well. I did not know you weren't American?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

StevieG wrote:The Gov't Mule version isn't available for me - it could be a Country setting perhaps.
Stevie, would a VPN where you can sign in to servers in different countries help? I use the free Avira Phantom VPN, and am pretty happy with it. I don't know if it is available in Oz, but you can look and see.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

huh...

18 minute long acoustic Spanish guitar cover of the epic.

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Echoes
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Oooh cool, I'll come back and listen to it in the morning.
Menolly wrote:Stevie, would a VPN where you can sign in to servers in different countries help? I use the free Avira Phantom VPN, and am pretty happy with it. I don't know if it is available in Oz, but you can look and see.
Thanks, I will check that out too.
Sgt.Null wrote:I did not know you weren't American?
I live in the wonderful land of Oz :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

Return to “Vespers”