Who are you??? Who, Who

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

I guess since I've been posting on and off for nearly a year, I should finally introduce myself. My name is Matt, I live in Medford, New Jersey (US.) I'm 36 years old and am happily married. No kids. One dachshund (he came with the marriage.)

Although I've had many side jobs, I am mainly an outdoor power equipment salesman and service tech--I fix chainsaws for a living!! Recently I've gotten into buying, rehabbing and selling nasty little homes for a puny return on my investment. Despite working too much, I managed to snag a bach. degree in English (judging by many of my posts this fact might seem dubious!) from Rutgers U.

I love to write, and have even submitted a few stories to a bunch of brain-dead publishers who obviously don't recognize quality literary craftsmanship when they see it. ;)

Oh well, that's me for now.
Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Wildwood
Stonedownor

Post by Wildwood »

:D

Ok, so hi....My name is Kate, I'm 33 years old and I'm a nurse. I've worked in critical care for over 11 yrs and recently moved to school nursing, which I LOVE!!!I also do home health care as well part time.
I'm from the little town of Wildwood (hence the name..hehe) in southern NJ. It's a little resort town that wakes in the summer and goes back to sleep in the winter.
I've been married for 14 years this coming April to my best friend Rob. I have 2 children, Bobby (7 on 9/6) and Sara (12). They are my heart and soul.
I just started on the 3rd book and I'm unable to put it down!!! (except for the periods when I'm here! ;)

and thats me!!
When last comes to last,
I have little life.
I am simply a deed:
an action done while courage holds:
a seed.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Good to know you, Kate - my wife is a nurse also, but currently she is a stay at home Mom. She often wishes, however, that she could go back to work so that she could "rest a little bit." ;)
StarRider
Stonedownor

Post by StarRider »

Hello all! Long time fan that just disovered this great site. I'm pumped about the third chrons coming out and can't wait to talk to you all about it.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Welcome StarRider, welcome and true! Image
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Welcome, StarRider. Now how the heck are people getting these huge avatars?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Good question Syl. I have one that I would like to upload in about 330 posts time .... Ive tried to do test runs but it doesnt work its only 100x150 pixels but the darn thing wont load. :evil:

Welcome StarRider. Hope you enjoy your time with us :)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Caer Sylvanus wrote:Welcome, StarRider. Now how the heck are people getting these huge avatars?
I don't know. Darth uploaded an absolutely enormous avatar once, that was so big it distorted all the threads.
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I think it's remotely linked but I have asked that it be reduced in size
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

CovenantJr wrote:
Caer Sylvanus wrote:Welcome, StarRider. Now how the heck are people getting these huge avatars?
I don't know. Darth uploaded an absolutely enormous avatar once, that was so big it distorted all the threads.
But I got rid of it as soon as i fond out what it did. :P
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

You did indeed 8)
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Infelice wrote:I have one that I would like to upload in about 330 posts time .... Ive tried to do test runs but it doesnt work its only 100x150 pixels but the darn thing wont load. :evil:
Have you tried loading the avatar into the Windows Paint program and then saving it as an image within Paint? That may do the trick. Or not...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

100x100 is the limit unless you remotely link the image - ie load it from a URL
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Yes, I should have added in my reply to Infelice that while in Paint, she could crop the image until it was no bigger than 100x100 and then save it. Thanks for the pointer, Murrin.
Dilthey
Stonedownor

Post by Dilthey »

Well i might as well join your group. My name is Bart, I'm 24 and live in The Netherlands. Te be more specific in the province of North-Holland. It's a small country with about 16 million people.

I study at the University of Amsterdam, and if all goes well I will have my Bachelors degree in History at the end of this year. And since the Bachelor/master program is new in my country, the bachelor means nothing. So next year I'll do my masters, cause that resembles the old university format as it was. Currently I'm doing a study on the spread of wealth in 1733 in a city near mine.

I live together with my girlfriend and our cat Fenrir. Yes there is a story behind that name, just google it. We have a house that approx. 30 square meters. For Americans that will sound like we are realy poor as they are mostly used to much more space per person. Someone from America indeed once asked my girlfriend if we were poor. In The Netherlands for a student to have so much space is rather luxurious.

I love to read, but besides reading I have some other hobbies. The thing I like best of all is photography, I have four cameras and do not intend to stop getting more ( some were gifts though, and all exept my digital camera are reasonably old). But they all work. A daily returning hobbie is cooking, I love to cook and eat to. And yes I'm a modern man I do 50% of the household chores.

If you want to know something more about me or about my country just ask. Specialy my country brings a lot of misconceptions at times.

Many greetings,

Dilthey
"The Land? Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about my garden." (The wife thinks it lacks creativity ;-p)
Turante
Servant of the Land

Post by Turante »

The wolf, Fenrir was the eldest child of Loki and the giantess, Angrboda. He had 2 younger siblings, Hel, and the serpent, Jormungand.

Alarmed that Loki had fathered these children, Odin sent a group of gods to kidnap them. To the gods, Fenrir looked like an ordinary wolf, so they let him roam the fields of Asgard, but they agreed they would watch him. Of all the gods, however, only Odin's son, Tyr, was brave enough to feed him.
Your cat is a wolf??? Nice to meet you Dilthy:)

Hi... just like to say Im a great fan of Donaldson. Ive read The Chronicles, Mordants Need and Im collecting the Man Who series and The Gap. Ive been lurking for a while. I find the Dissecting threads extremely insightful. You guys are passionate about TC and Im extremely glad to have found this site :)
When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
Dilthey
Stonedownor

Post by Dilthey »

Yeah the cat is a wolf. Our cat is a really active, really red cat. According to my girlfriend it was a more ore less a nordic cat. So we started looking for a name from that region of the world. Being both students of history we sought a name to connect with our interrests. We made a shortlist and this one came out as the best compromise between the two of us. And yes it may be a small cat but the thing is fierce. Even the vet told us when whe went in for a shot. So the question is, did the cat became fierce because of the name or was it the fiercenes of the cat that attracted the name?

And wolf or cat it's a good story anyway, a name needs a meaning :lol: .

With respect,

Dilthey
"The Land? Oh I'm sorry I thought you were talking about my garden." (The wife thinks it lacks creativity ;-p)
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

Hellooo y'all. :)

I'm Saera as you might have noticed already ;) Umm.. I live in the capital of Sweden, which is Stockholm for you un-educated people :P I enjoy reading and does lots of drawing when I find the time. School is taking up a lot of my days, so I don't have time for all I wish I could do. I guess that's what happens when you grow up. :lol:

I love a good movie, to relax with friends, go out every now and then, you know, normal stuff ;) Usually I'm in front of the computer though, or with my nose in a book (mostly fantasy but also thrillers and the like).

Yeah, I guess that's it. Anything else? Just ask! :)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Male or female? I like to know that, because I spent a long time referring to Skyweir as "he" :oops:
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

If you refer to me as a he, I'll smack you silly. Well, no, I'm no violent person, so I wouldn't do it, but I would want to.

I'm a she-being. ;)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”