How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, yes I'm double posting again. Is there anything cuter than a pic of a baby guinea pig sleeping with a sleeping chihuahua head on his butt? Not so sure that's possible.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

OHH triple posting... you guys should ban me again. Guess I'm not done talking about Moose and the love of pets. I used to play this game with Moose where I would get down face to face with him in dog play mode, you know on front paws, ass in the air and we would be eye to eye but facing opposite directions and I would sing this stupid ditty I made up that goes like this (phonetically it has to be written this way so you can hear my atrocious baby talk meets Jamaican accent)

"I am the keesing mah-ohnster, theese is what I say"

and then we would switch face direction and he would lick my nose as I kissed him

"I'll get you leetle chee wha wha and keese you every day"

and then we would switch sides again with nose lick and a kiss

"I am the keesing mah-ohnster, that is what I said"

another switch and kiss

"I got you leetle chee wha wha and keesed your tiny head"

then I would pounce on him and kiss him and he would roll over and be all belly up wriggling and grinning. You can't trade those moments for anything in the world. The first time my friend Jen saw that she said it was the most amazingly adorable and disgusting display of cuteness she had ever seen in her life. When I would be getting ready to take him to the beach I would just look at him and sing, "Sand in the moose toes makes me happy and sand in the moose toes makes me high." and he would be at the door ready to go. Lucimay didn't like dogs until she met and bonded with Moose. My friend Alfonso was very anti small dog until he met Moose and realized that dogs are all the same size in their brains and he loved Moose. Not sure if I have told this story on the watch but here goes. When Steve Donaldson first came on our show as Higgins O'Higgins we went out to dinner and then came back to our house to talk about the show and just hang out and Moose was a tiny puppy. Steve, Julie and I were hanging out in our living room talking about stuff and Moose decided that he would discover sex at that moment. I had been throwing a toy for him to chase down the hallway and he kept bringing it back and getting on the couch and humping it. I kept grabbing the toy away and throwing it and trying to downplay it because Moose had never humped anything before and finally I gave up and said to Steve, "I'm sorry, my puppy has just discovered sex so I'm just going to be totally embarrassed and apologize." I then put a throw pillow over Moose and his bunny toy and continued my conversation with SRD while the couch pillow moved up and down in an entirely sexual manner. He was gracious and amused. Moose got fixed a week later....So there you have it Av, we are not so much devastated by the loss of our critters but defined by our love for our critters.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Or you're weird. :D

--A
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Yes, Av. But, like....
<pause for emphasis>

Anyway, this...
Cameraman Jenn wrote:...(phonetically it has to be written this way so you can hear my atrocious baby talk meets Jamaican accent)...

"I am the keesing mah-ohnster, theese is what I say"

and then we would switch face direction and he would lick my nose as I kissed him

"I'll get you leetle chee wha wha and keese you every day"

..."I got you leetle chee wha wha and keesed your tiny head"

then I would pounce on him and kiss him and he would roll over and be all belly up wriggling and grinning. You can't trade those moments for anything in the world. The first time my friend Jen saw that she said it was the most amazingly adorable and disgusting display of cuteness she had ever seen in her life. When I would be getting ready to take him to the beach I would just look at him and sing, "Sand in the moose toes makes me happy and sand in the moose toes makes me high." and he would be at the door ready to go.
Theeeeese eees adoore-uh-buhl.
love imagining keesing a tiny chihuahua on its tiny head!

I got back from visiting my friend in California, and a continuous stream of fairly wonderful things have been happening.
(thank you guys for your kind words in response to my post on this thread when I was there.)

Math competition went VERY well. And also, I spent all the time having exciting conversations with different parents of students I've taught over the years. It was fairly wonderful.

I feel more free in my conversation.. and more free tackling dreams and ideas.

I joined a local writing group, and went to a meeting of theirs ...I'm pretty psyched!

I got Menolly to counsel me about some of my worries and she was awesome.

Aforementioned writing group had a SHAKESPEARE Reader's Theater this past Saturday!
*swoon*
And I got to participate.
First 3 acts of Julius Caesar
I have wanted to do something like this all my life.
For me, it was a bucket-listable offense.
Pretty much ecstasy.
I got two of the most amazing parts. (You don't necessarily get to have the same part in more than 1 scene though, so people can "rotate through.")
Oh yeah! Brought both of my kiddoes with, and they were welcomed & participated as well!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:So there you have it Av, we are not so much devastated by the loss of our critters but defined by our love for our critters.
Yup. They'll break your heart (and your bank), but there were days when the only thing that kept me going was knowing they were waiting at the door for me to come home.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I'm so freaking excited!

While I'm sad my long time nurse practitioner retired in November, the one thing he and I disagreed on is taking me off of my two diabetic medications, even though my a1c numbers have been exceptionally good for the past several years. Today I met my potential new PCP, a very young doctor, but not a resident, so hopefully he'll be long term instead of leaving in a couple of years.

With today's a1c number, and those I've had for the past several years, he is willing to titrate me off of those medications, and test my a1c in the next three months and six months to see if my low carb/keto way of eating is enough to keep me out of diabetic range.

If this works out, and my hematologist takes me off of my chemo for the trial this summer, that will be 3 medications/4 pills a day I'll no longer have to take.

woo-hoo!

Post by Avatar »

Good luck with that. :)

--A
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

I noticed some spring flowers yesterday. Or at least I seem to remember long ago daffys and snowflakes popping up in april, not february. It felt like I should be sad the wold has become dysfunctional, but then, Big Jeff will be donating 10 $billion to scientists so they might do something about it.

So come on guys, sort it out. We want our spring flowers in spring, not in winter.

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, being seeing it here for years. The Cosmos that used to bloom at Easter is also now blooming in Feb.

Anyway, on the plus side, I thought today was Wednesday, but it's actually Thursday, so that's nice. :D

--A
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Avatar wrote:Anyway, on the plus side, I thought today was Wednesday, but it's actually Thursday, so that's nice. :D

--A
knob head

oops, (nob) wrong spelling
Last edited by Lazy Luke on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Avatar »

It happens. :P

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

We have confused trees here too, and we're having the driest February since 1864.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Heading out to Colorado to go Ski'ing for a week. I am glad to say that at 57 my "check engine light" has still not come on although my check oil and service engine soon has a number of times. LOL

I've been pushing my time on my 3 mile runs and did about 5 miles of hills at a local State park on Monday. That was all so I am not so sore the first few days.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Post by Avatar »

Nice, enjoy.

As for me, Monday, bloody Monday...

--A

Post by Avatar »

Ah, Tuesday...now that I've spent the last hour customising my mail client by finding CSS that did almost what I wanted and tweaking it, (update caused my theme to break) I should probably go do something productive.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Bloody hell, Thursday again...dunno where it's all going, but it's not coming back... :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

I love animal lovin stories ... cuz theyre mostly just adorbs ♥️ I can read em all day long ... if I had the time.

Keep coming and pics are fab 🤗🤗🤗🤗
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Days off. Book club.

Life.is good.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Post by Avatar »

Well, big protest planned today around the area I work in, so we're all working from home instead.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ooooh whats on the agenda? Whats being protested?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “General Discussion Forum”