2012 NFL Whipping Post.

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Denver is strong tho. Flacco over Manning? Just don't see it. Raven D just a little too old to overcome that.

The Pats' nemesis is not in playoffs, so I feel good.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ravens' D is old, no doubt about it. And it's going to be freaking cold too. I think it'll be a 3 point game one way or the other.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I've got...

Denver beating Baltimore

San Francisco beating Green Bay

Seattle beating Atlanta

New England beating Houston

oooooops, fixed error. :)
Last edited by sgt.null on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Poor Atlanta, no respect. Null even has them losing twice!
--Andy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

My predictions

Denver wins over Baltimore

Green Bay wins over San Francisco

Atlanta wins over Seattle

New England wins over Houston
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Well, a friend just sent me an email that apparently Nate Silver [you know, the guy who is the stud-muffin of predicting elections lately?] says {{dddddrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuummmmmmmrrrrrooolllllllllllll : !
Patriots to defeat Seahawks in Superbowl
...also apparently that the real superbowl is before that...Denver vs. Pats, with Pats winning, obviously.
Just a FWIW.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Vraith wrote:
Patriots to defeat Seahawks in Superbowl...
Bah. Last time, it took a herd of visually-impaired zebras to assist the Steelers in winning a Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

We will see. First, we all need to get through this weekend, then next weekend while Vraith watches what he characterizes as the real Super Bowl, I will enjoy the Best Two of Three Bowl between the Seahawks and the 49ers. Niners may have home field...but it will not suffice.

Sea....HAWKS!!!!!!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Savor Dam wrote:
Vraith wrote:
Patriots to defeat Seahawks in Superbowl...
Bah. Last time, it took a herd of visually-impaired zebras to assist the Steelers in winning a Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

We will see. First, we all need to get through this weekend, then next weekend while Vraith watches what he characterizes as the real Super Bowl, I will enjoy the Best Two of Three Bowl between the Seahawks and the 49ers. Niners may have home field...but it will not suffice.

Sea....HAWKS!!!!!!
HEY! Not that I'm suddenly a 'hawks fan...but NATE is the one who said Pats/broncs was the real one [according to my buddy, I haven't watched the vid he linked yet].
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

null wrote:I've got...

Denver beating Baltimore

San Francisco beating Green Bay

Seattle beating Atlanta

New England beating Houston
I'm with you on those picks, though I think the NFC games should be fairly close.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sam Koch punt. Trindon Holliday returned punt for 90 yards (Matt Prater made PAT)

Baltimore kicked off, Trindon Holliday returned kickoff for 104 yards (Matt Prater made PAT)

and the Texans cut this guy?

University of New Hampshire alum Corey Graham has one interception for a touchdown in the first half. then he intercepts the deified Peyton Manning to allow Baltimore to kick the game winning field goal.

so let's see - Tim Tebow wins his playoff game with the Broncos and Payton loses his first. is this progress John Elway? was it worth stabbing Tebow in the back? what goes around, comes around.

CBS just named UNH alum Corey Graham player of the game!!!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Cail wrote:Ravens' D is old, no doubt about it. And it's going to be freaking cold too. I think it'll be a 3 point game one way or the other.
Congrats, and nicely done.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Wow, nice call cail. I love that Tebow wins home playoff game, and Petyon gives away one. Well, the pathetic secondary gave it away first. But Peyton did nothing in 4th and OT. Ravens, why didn't they throw downfield more? That deep secondary was terrible.

Good rebound from Kaepernick. That should scare other teams.

Looks like Silver's off in that real Super Bowl.
--Andy

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

What a freaking great game. I hope we get a shot at New England. I really want to see Ray Lewis put Brady on his ass a couple more times.

Gotta say, that was probably the most exciting pro football game I've ever seen.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Denver's defense was as bad as anything I've ever seen. It seemed like that last bomb was in the air for 3 minutes, and still the safety couldn't get to it. It was brave of Flacco to go after Champ Bailey like that.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Arrg!!!!!!

Two critical Hawk errors. Going for 4th and 1 in first half instead of taking easy field goal, and calling time to ice Atlanta kicker's late field goal try. Either of these mistakes taken back would change the outcome.

Good game. Signature Hawk comeback... But. Not. The. Final. Outcome. I. Wanted.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons had this one in the bag and almost let it get away from them. That slip by Roddy White which brought on the interception changed the entire momentum of the game.

Some bad play calling for Atlanta in the second half. They had the run game established and then they started throwing when it didn't make sense to throw. It was good to see for a change, the fans never left their seats even with just 30 seconds to go. This is not the first Matt Ryan last minute comeback. Place went bananas!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

pete carrol gave the game away. when will coaches stop trying to ice the kickers? how many retries for the kicker will it take?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

null wrote:pete carrol gave the game away. when will coaches stop trying to ice the kickers? how many retries for the kicker will it take?
Amen. This loss needs to be placed at Pete Carroll's feet. The ill-considered calling of time that allowed Bryant to rekick the deciding FG is one mistake, but I am far more disappointed in the choice Coach Carroll made on a 4th-and-1 early in the game to pass on a fairly short and certain field goal and go for the extra yard. Failing on this gamble and giving the ball back to Atlanta surrendered three easy points...which would have ended up deciding the game in the Hawks favor.

Coulda....woulda...shoulda. Meh. :?

Next week, 49ers over Falcons. Pats over Ravens. 49ers win Super Bowl.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Baltimore's already beaten New England once this year, and that was without Ray. It was also with 135 yards worth of penalties. We've got a far more effective offense now, and we're not making a lot of the dumb mistakes we were then.

Baltimore by 6.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Of the remaining four teams, I'm definitely rooting for the Ravens. I'd love to see Harbaugh v. Harbaugh in the Super Bowl. And I suspect that I will.

Return to “Sports”