The Mueller Investigation

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The Republicans, presuming they lose the House tomorrow, will probably stop the Investigation so that Democrats would have to start it again in January. That move could then be spun as "see? the Democrats just want to investigate the President--that proves how partisan they are".
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Sessions is out as Attorney General; his chief of staff, Matthew Whitaker, will be Acting Attorney General until a permanent replacement is put in place. This means that Whitaker is Rosenstein's boss and puts him in charge of Mueller, including having the ability to fire Mueller. Needless to say, the Mueller Investigation is almost over...

...just in time for the Democrats in the House to restart it next January.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes I read that .. anything to interfere with Mueller 🙄
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Didn't happen but it still a good idea to declassify Muellers total investigation.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Skyweir wrote:Yes I read that .. anything to interfere with Mueller 🙄
"Anything?" Trump could stop the investigation and fire everyone involved, if he wanted. Clearly, this isn't "anything." Sessions has basically been sitting on his hands for 2 years. Firing him makes perfect sense. He was the wrong choice. And Rosenstein is clearly an anti-Trump conspirator who should have recused himself as well. I'm shocked that it took Trump this long to fire Sessions.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Zarathustra wrote:Sessions has basically been sitting on his hands for 2 years. Firing him makes perfect sense. He was the wrong choice. And Rosenstein is clearly an anti-Trump conspirator who should have recused himself as well. I'm shocked that it took Trump this long to fire Sessions.
By the time March rolled around, firing Sessions would have fired up the anti-Trump voters and Republicans probably would have lost more seats in the House than they did. At this point, Congress can now also act to end the Mueller Investigation but there won't be any way for them to stop the next House from restarting it.

Trump should now also issue pardons to every person convicted thus far.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

In other words, wait 'til it won't impact the election. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:roll:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

More nothing. Mueller has said that Flynn should get no prison time.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Given that Flynn pleaded guilty (but only to lying to the FBI) and now the Mueller Team is suggesting that he serve no jail time, the logical conclusion is that the Mueller Team could not successfully prosecute a case against Flynn. Rather than fail they are opting not to try and push the case against him at all, which gives the appearance of a win.

For all the mouth-watering anticipation the Democrats have had since May 2016 there simply is no smoking gun against Trump. They will never prove collusion between the campaign and Russian authorities for one simple fact: you cannot prove something that isn't true or doesn't exist.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Or its a part of his plea deal ;)

This makes me think he HAS been of SUBSTANTIAL assistance as has been reported. 😎 In which case he has spilled his guts and Mueller is seeking his just reward.

Its heating up and I for one would love to read through Mueller growing brief stacks.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote:Or its a part of his plea deal ;)

This makes me think he HAS been of SUBSTANTIAL assistance as has been reported. 😎 In which case he has spilled his guts and Mueller is seeking his just reward.

Its heating up and I for one would love to read through Mueller growing brief stacks.
I suspect when its all said and done, the stack of briefs will be thousands of dead ends based on misinformation and innuendo, and thousands of dead end's that just have a lack of evidence to prosecute. The ones that actually went somewhere and are prosecuted will not have to do with Russian collusion as much as lying to the FBI and improper/unreported business dealings with a foreign country.

But, time will tell.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Youre right about that SB, time will tell ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Those plucky investigators are still at it. CNN is desperate to convince us that "these Manafort revelations are a *very* big deal". Yeah, sure, whatever. That *still* doesn't prove any collusion, which was supposed to be the focus of the investigation.

Can't Mueller just roll out indictments so Trump can start handing out pardons? Do we really have to waste more time and go through the motions?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Are we still on collusion, or is it obstruction now? Who can keep up?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The goalposts always move, as you know.

Anyway, Rosenstein is on his way out; Barr is on his way in and will be the new person overseeing the Mueller Investigation. Although I would say that this would help bring it to a close, House Democrats would likely start up their own independent investigation and keep going from there.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

As they rightly should 👌

Trumps personal selection should not get in the way of the facts, the evidence, the investigation or the truth.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Even if the facts and evidence gathered by the investigation clear Trump of any and all wrongdoing? That would be a "truth" which many Democrats would not want to hear.

The only reason Trump approved the investigation was to get Democrats to quit bitching. They know he has to be guilty of something and, by God, they are going to keep digging until they find it, damn it!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Theyre likely not digging any more ... Id say Mueller knows all he needs to know. As you know that Russian lawyer has been put on notice. The pieces are moving to their final positions for a check mate.

The writing is on the wall with this one ... and its not a partisan issue, though some seem insistent it is.

If the facts, evidence exonerates Trump everyone will have no choice but to accept .. even moreso given Muellers thoroughness.

But I find that highly unlikely. I find it highly unlikely that Trump, who Id argue is the quintessential micro manager would not have been aware of every meeting, every misuse of campaign funds .. to be ever a candidate for exoneration. The issue will be how best to manage the facts, to see a just outcome for Trump.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Skyweir wrote:Theyre likely not digging any more ... Id say Mueller knows all he needs to know. As you know that Russian lawyer has been put on notice. The pieces are moving to their final positions for a check mate.

The writing is on the wall with this one ... and its not a partisan issue, though some seem insistent it is.

If the facts, evidence exonerates Trump everyone will have no choice but to accept .. even moreso given Muellers thoroughness.

But I find that highly unlikely. I find it highly unlikely that Trump, who Id argue is the quintessential micro manager would not have been aware of every meeting, every misuse of campaign funds .. to be ever a candidate for exoneration. The issue will be how best to manage the facts, to see a just outcome for Trump.
Prepare to be disappointed:

ABC's Jon Karl: People Close to Mueller Say His Report 'Certain to Be Anti-Climactic'
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.

Return to “Coercri”