Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

A fearsome ice titan of great size and strength is wandering the countryside around Nishal, slaying any that come nearby, as if in the grip of a mindless rage. He slays merchants, travelers, farmers and any other who is so unlucky as to find himself on his path
Amplarx, could you please remove this gentleman? He is killing my followers.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Calais wrote:
A fearsome ice titan of great size and strength is wandering the countryside around Nishal, slaying any that come nearby, as if in the grip of a mindless rage. He slays merchants, travelers, farmers and any other who is so unlucky as to find himself on his path
Amplarx, could you please remove this gentleman? He is killing my followers.
I'll see what I can do to stop him, but he's not currently one of my worshippers, so I can't promise success.
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Ah, I understand. I appreciate your efforts.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Brother of Mutation, I welcome you. *bows*

Mutation, in its own right, is part of Life. And while I understand from brother Zephyr, that in ages past you have embraced Malice; in this age you can choose not to.

I greet you in the hope of friendship!
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Welcome to the Pantheon Nor Yekith. *bows*
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Ahhh deities!! There is much to love on this world of Eiran. There is much work to do in the service of Life.

In that service I will assist all with need, by leave of their god or goddess, without restrictions on whom they must worship.

In this sacred task, I now lay Claim to the Domain of Healing!!

I will consecrate that claim with the next Turn as required by the AllFather. All who need Life will now find Health also readily at service!! *bows*
Last edited by Madadeva on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Devaguhya wrote:Brother of Mutation, I welcome you. *bows*

Mutation, in its own right, is part of Life. And while I understand from brother Zephyr, that in ages past you have embraced Malice; in this age you can choose not to.
Have I said that I will not be embracing Malice? I see no other way for Mutation to exist without the will to perfect the universe.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Nor Yekith wrote:
Devaguhya wrote:Brother of Mutation, I welcome you. *bows*

Have I said that I will not be embracing Malice? I see no other way for Mutation to exist without the will to perfect the universe.
But cannot perfection be Beauty? Art? Must will be malefic, brother? Has Malice truly brought you satisfaction and contentment?
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

I'm not sure if this is the best place to write all of this, but maybe it'll help me get some sleep tonight. This is one of the weirdest places I have seen, and I'm still trying to make sense of it all... I know I didn't get here as quickly as I'd hoped, but that's just the way things have been destined lately. Doesn't seem like I've been doing anything but chatting with the locals since I arrived, so forgive me if I'm pretty much exhausted.

I'm not getting any better keeping all of the names straight, but someone out here calling themself Flurqi keeps privately talking about hurrying up. Basically, they insist I shouldn't do it; I should just wait instead. Forgive me again, but I have never waited well. And I still don't really trust “Flurqi” either.

The others here have told me things I probably shouldn't believe, but I don't want to be rude and just come right out with my skepticism. What kind of a guest would I be then? No, I'll just have to keep listening to all of the prattle and the gossip about what everyone else is doing while the sun goes up and down. That's the problem with the place, if I didn't mention that before: for the most part everyone just sits around calmly talking about what they plan on doing. Then they talk a little more. It's sick, and I can only think of one solid example of action in all the time I've been here, and even that has its foggy elements. I'll get to that in a second.

Anyway, I'm definitely dealing with some, uh, unscrupulous characters here. Something's up, because while it's all smiles when I first meet them, when they start extinguishing the lights I get the excruciating feeling I'm this unwanted warden holding them back. It's that restlessness I've been feeling everywhere. If all of that energy could just be held in one place long enough...

So, how long will I stay here? Impossible to say, but it can't be forever. That's obvious. I just don't know how many more sunsets I can go through before I see you in person. Not all of the folks here know how long I've been observing the place, but what do I have to show for it? Without more to do, I'm like an ax without a log.

So, two more people have whispered about the “ancient ruins” of Heron, but that's just a story—one I'm sure I'm supposed to repeat when I get back home, of course. No, I don't think there are any ruins after all. I've searched and asked for proof, but I'm just supposed to take it on faith that where I dined tonight used to be a banquet hall for vengeful warlords long since dead. I asked “Flurqi” how I was to believe that the ruins were restored between the time my commander left and I got here. It wasn't like the whole place could had been annihilated and then brought back to life in a matter of months! It was more of the same old thing from him, however. Let me grace you with the quick version: His frustration with Heron's distracted incompetence had risen until all he could do was run off along the beach all night, calling to any god he could think of where the earth met the sea. None of them answered; it was “Flurqi” alone.

But as he was nearing surrender, the divine “Koel” appeared and took mercy on him (I wouldn't have), blah blah blah... and showed him all about the “patient passage of time.” Somehow. Of course, he gets really vague on specifics there. Then I'm to believe that he had a hand in the miraculous restoration of the city's withered district—and that it was guided by this “Koel.”

Is it that surprising that I can't wait to get out of here? I'd go for a swim to clear my mind, but they won't think of letting me near the water. All I would end up doing is dwelling and missing you all the more, anyway.

I find it wise to jot down my so-called “adventures” here. It's all I can do to bide the moments before I get to leave. The truth is, I've had my report written up for days now. It's all right here beneath my hand, minus these words to you. They can take it and turn it into whatever suits their purposes. After that, I can only do what my new “prophet” friend keeps spouting to those who will listen: Hurry up and wait.

As always, you have my undying affection.
-Poymun
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Aarklar,

I would very much like to have the Nhruuk and others of my followers learn your martial arts.

I will send them next season.
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

that Imray vibe

Post by madsage »

Imray is not only an intriguing corner of the land--it is also the chosen home to Koel's people: Heron. There is, it appears, an aura about the place which is not as hospitable as hoped-- why is it here, and why will it interfere with my followers?
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

The aura is my doing, Koel, and it may very well harm your followers. Imray is hardly that interesting and I strongly recommend that you settle elsewhere.
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

Calais wrote:The aura is my doing, Koel, and it may very well harm your followers. Imray is hardly that interesting and I strongly recommend that you settle elsewhere.
Koel has no ill-intentions against Calais, no matter his new alignment. If an exception can be made for Heron...
Or if you could glimpse the sight of a pod of nauseated weredolphs...
I'll set my watch and warrant that we can work something out...
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

A deal?

Zephyr says I am like my mother in this sense.

What are you offering?

Exceptions can be pricey considering the alterations I would have to make.
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

Calais wrote:A deal?

Zephyr says I am like my mother in this sense.

What are you offering?

Exceptions can be pricey considering the alterations I would have to make.
I would certainly not wish to be a burden upon the Earth. Let me ponder still longer and come up with something. You'll be hearing from me soon...
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

I care not for the north. But warn your followers not to cross the mountain range. The patrols of my faithful will wash their spears in the blood of any who enter the Plains of Opal without special dispensation.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I would certainly not wish to be a burden upon the Earth. Let me ponder still longer and come up with something. You'll be hearing from me soon...
Then I shall await further contact.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

It seems a poor choice of location to found Haven in a place so obviously claimed by other Gods, however, I will acknowledge the fact that Eztlicoatl and I did not make our agreement for the division of southeast Eiran public, and the city was founded under conditions that seemed open to all. This is not the case.

Because of the isolation afforded by the Abyss to the southeast, I assumed that travel would be difficult and the odds of any other deities making claim very unlikely. It seems I was mistaken, and now find myself overrun with Risers. I will give the founders of Haven this one opportunity. Remove your prophets from my lands, and no harm will befall them. Leave them, and I will remove them for you.

It is regrettable that such a situation has come about, and I apologies for my assumption.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Goddess of Fate - I have been successful stopping my crusade. Unfortunately ...
The crusade launched by Devaguhya's followers against Anaya's is ended, but just as the crusaders prepare to return home, a large band of Anaya's followers, rabid with bloodthirst, fall upon them and slaughter them.
What say you Anaya? What message can I send to my followers?
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

As soon as you stop telling them to live peacefully with those around them they take your omission as an excuse to crusade.

I apologise for my followers Devaguhya. They will be instructed to cease all hostilities towards you and your worshippers instantly.
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust

Return to “Pantheon”