Bad Illustrating Contest

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

shadowbinding shoe wrote:Obviously my masterpiece has oooh-ed and awed our fellow watchers to such a degree that they have thrown their brushes in despair. ;)
:lol::lol:

So, do ye cervids and tetrisians et al require more time, or shall I alter the nature of the topic? 'Tis no merry a matter to place vote on a single entry. :sob:
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

See, Frostheart's "epic" promo poster killed one end of the spectrum, and Shoe's minimalist humor version killed the other. What's left? :\
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

:(

An additional topic:

Lord Foul wielding the Staff of Law.
Go and make SRD scream. Now.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Not that it should block the proper exercise of the art of bad illustrating...but the pedant in me has to observe that the whole reason Foul had Drool Rockworm wield the Staff in LFB was because the Staff was not a tool apt for Foul's direct use.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

I knew that. :twisted: Which is precisely why it's called bad illustrating.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Quite so. Carry on.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I'm sorry for my lack of reaction at first, I was generally almost off the Watch recently. I think I'll try... particularly if I manage to form a remotely child-friendly version of the picture that came to my mind after seeing the new task. I'm afraid I might need to think out something else though... and perhaps finally replace the "Charles Atlas Song/ I Can Make You A Man" that I have as my ringtone :biggrin:
A role-player, beware
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Muahahaha, the sinister scheme succeeded superbly!

Wait. I am supposed to represent the sweet-natured, jovial race of Giants, what the perkele is wrong with me???

Well...I don't particularly mind if Foul plays afoul with his other staff, but we may suffer from a disappearance of voters during the decision phase. :P Or perhaps put Rule 34 materials beyond a link and include a warning?
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

So we're going to see something like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcysbKkxmQw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart wrote:Lord Foul wielding the Staff of Law.
Here is my vision of Lord Foul, in Kiril Threndor, attempting to persuade Covenant, restrained by two Giant Ravers, to relinquish his ring, by the direct application of the Staff of Law on his noggin.

shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

wayfriend wrote:
Frostheart wrote:Lord Foul wielding the Staff of Law.
Here is my vision of Lord Foul, in Kiril Threndor, attempting to persuade Covenant, restrained by two Giant Ravers, to relinquish his ring, by the direct application of the Staff of Law on his noggin.

I like it :lol: Sources?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

:lol: They're from the Home Alone movie.

That staff of law seems also very practical in terms of digging booby traps beneath the heroes--and of course every dark lord's favorite: secret tunnels!

Wayfiend forgot the monkey. Or did the ravers eat it? :(
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Nice, deer.

Only suggestion (since SRD has made such a point of it) is that maybe the eyes should be a carious yellow?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Dangit, Shoe, it's the Staff of Law, not the Staff of Love!!! (must.... not.... go anywhere with that one....)
Savor Dam wrote:Nice, deer.

Only suggestion (since SRD has made such a point of it) is that maybe the eyes should be a carious yellow?
Ah, yes. My bad. For emphasis, I added some intimidating eyebrows, and thought yellow teeth would not be out of place.

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

♥♥♥♥♥♥ TASTE MY SWEET CANDY STAFF OF LOVE, GROVELER!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

I laughed at these so much I spilled espresso all over my lap and floor. Thanks for that. XD
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

I haven't been around much lately (financial situation required that I de-activate my internet for a while...also I have historically been an all-in or all-out participant of the Watch anyway) but even when I am "away" from here, my gears often turn to the tune of my two favorite Mallory's games: Bad Writing and Bad Illustrating. This thread has inspired me to create "Bad Covers" for my Covenant collection. Unfortunately, the only hardback I have is AATE, and soon TLD, but I think I can make covers for my paperbacks work ;)

And that actually got my gears turning into a new direction, which is actually where I am going with this...

How cool would it be to own a hardback collection of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, complete with fan created, fan voted bad covers? We already have one bad cover (for White Gold Wielder), and we can have a lot of fun creating the rest (and we also have one really, really good cover: Frosty's epic The Last Dark cover!). Once we have all the covers, through donations and sacrifice we can surely come up with a complete collection of hardbacks. And then the collection could be given away in some sort of contest or raffle or something (like at next year's E-fest!! ;) ). Let me know if there is any interest in this sort of thing!

Speaking of Frosty... say it ain't so! It would seem, according to her avatar, screen name, and title, that Frostheart has left the Watch? That would suck. She is an amazing artist, and there is simply no words to express how special her gifts to us have been....but: Thank you!!! :biggrin: I hope you are not gone!

Edit:
This is fast and easy and cheap, but for the contest rules, it was a perfect fit because I have always imagined Lord Foul this way (Don't laugh at me! I read the Chrons first time when I was 13 and that was in the early 90's!)

Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Nice one, Shuram!! And yes, Frosty done pulled up stakes, deleted all her posts, and fell off the planet. A sad loss for the Watch, to be sure. She was the one to judge this particular competition, so not sure where that leaves us. I'll ask in the Mod forum how we should proceed.

Btw, what IS that thing? Looks like a Power Rangers villain. :D

Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

deer of the dawn wrote: Btw, what IS that thing? Looks like a Power Rangers villain. :D
Yes, it is Lord Zedd from the Power Rangers. Like I said, I was 13 when I read the Chronicles for the first time, and Power Rangers was in its peak popularity. Maybe because it was Lord Zedd/Lord Foul name similarity, maybe it was because Lord Zedd was the meanest-looking villain I could conceive in my young mind, I dunno. But that was how I pictured him then, and even to this day, there is still some of that influence when I picture him. :P
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”