Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Undine, I have responded to your request and I am happy to aid you as you suggested.

Astavyastataa Kadna, your troops will not be required in northern Landir. I thank you for your kind offer.

Nephirthos. Paranoiac of old. Know this - I did not fall to you as a mortal and I will not fall to you now. Though your Malice has cost me the city of Kavoc, I am not daunted.

Just as you were defeated before, so shall you be defeated again, and you shall fall so low that you shall never again arise whilst Eiran stands.

Do not mistake me in this, for my words are not empty bluster - that honour is reserved for you alone. Indeed, I speak with the voice of the Weave itself. Every thread empowers my voice, from the most insignificant strands to the original cord of existance, and I say to you that your days are numbered.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

My Thanks Norn.

Undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Raucous
Stonedownor

Post by Raucous »

Melirelle wrote: Send them back to Khenstorn - they will be needed there.
m'lady, they need one more season of training before they are ready to be sent back to you. What are your wishes regarding this last season they will spend in Zandarar?
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Raucous wrote:
Melirelle wrote: Send them back to Khenstorn - they will be needed there.
m'lady, they need one more season of training before they are ready to be sent back to you. What are your wishes regarding this last season they will spend in Zandarar?
Melirelle

Drill them relentlessly. They were chosen because of their toughness, among other things - and I want them to be perfectly trained, no matter how much they need to train each day. Pay special attention to how to fight effectively as a unit.
Raucous
Stonedownor

Post by Raucous »

*nod*

As you wish, m'lady.

I will ask Master Kavi to specifically address Onveia, Kadanur, and Lattar drill as a unit with Rheema, Blunt, and Kronek. As well as practice manuevers with ground troops. They will see no action outside of Zandarar, if such occurs, even if they specifically request it. Come Winter, they will be ready to head back to you.
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Post by The World Breaker »

THE FIRST GOD HAS FALLEN, THE FIRST BLOOD HAS FLOWED; LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL WHO BELIEVE THEY CAN DESTROY THE WORLD BREAKER. YOUR WORLD IS AT AN END.
Last edited by The World Breaker on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Simjen!!!!!!

Ah!! My Heart!!

My Friend is gone... A truly wonderful god. A truly wonderful friend.

Hedra... I have no words to convey this... I am sorry beyond expression. My deepest sympathies to you and your son.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Hedra,

I cannot express my deep regret at your loss. Simjen was indeed a good friend and a brave and wise god.

However, I must warn you. Some of my followers are bent on destroying some dwarrow cities in Olearn because they blame Simjen for their troubles. I will re-direct them back to my lands.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

the AllFather wrote: Through the power of Simjen's Divine Fire, you are cleansed and reborn.
ImageSimjen!!!Image

...my brother...

Thank you.

For your cleansing fire, triggering the heritage of my father, and the onset of my rising from the ashes reborn and whole with the help of Maeror and others.

For your guidance, though more often than not I turned a deaf ear.

For your patience with me, as I stumbled in my first years on Eiran and made terrible choices that vexed you no end.

For you kindness and occasions of Joy that you gladly shared with me.

ImageYou will be missed!!!Image

...m'lady Hedra Iren...

I know not what to say that will be a comfort to you nor your son. Why I survived my encounter with this fiend and Simjen not I will never know. My utmost sympathy to you, your son, and the followers of both you and Simjen.

m'lady, I beg. End your isolation. If there is a way Law can help us bring down this fiend, guide us in what we need to do to empower it.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

ahhh, sadness it is - perhaps the experiment that is Eiran will be no more soon ... that S(He) who is above all - even the Alpha and Omega - has no use for the AllFather anylonger. If so ... so be it!

Cousin Melirelle ... I call you to account ... these beasts of the World Breaker appear to traverse you domain at will. Do they do so at your leave? Or are they simply overpowering you and yours and ignoring your dominion?

Cousin Argothoth - brave attempt - but apparently time is not to be trifled with even by an 11 DRP Master of Time!

Apparently the power Simjen brought to bear on the World Breaker was not sufficient. I ask for a reckoning so we may plan. Cousin Simjen can no longer help. Who Donated to Simjen and how many DRP? We need to assess how much DRP the World Breaker was able to overpower. This will allow us to plan our next attack.

Perhaps we may use the Planar beast against this World Breaker. Who has knowledge on the planar beast. Share all that your know!

SOLUS!! I call upon you!! Share what you told brave Simjen ... did you observe his battle? What can you tell us that will help?

Lord Adomorn - my forces on Thellar are being tortured!! How have yours faired
You send 10,600 of your followers to Thellarr, commanded by Astroth. They enter the blasted lands... and disappear, as if the lands had swallowed them! However, you feel their suffering growing and growing, day by day, until two months after their entrance, a lone man stumbles out of the blasted lands, scorched and blistered: it is Astroth, tortured almost to death. Undine's people save him, and bring him to Mai-e to heal; in the meantime, the suffering of your soldiers must be excruciating, yet you still fail to see anything in those lands.
Undine, *deep bow* I thank you for your healing of my FAVORED, Astroth. He is special to me. I am in your debt.

Ahhhhh .... *breathes deep* Suffering is monumental - and it strengthens me!! That strength will be used in Battle and Conquest of the Usurper.

However, cousins, if all else fails ... there is the MISTS. What say you all, do we brave the MISTS now? Or do we try again to save this world ourselves?

Lastly, cousin Hedra Iren. I grieve for you loss. However, you have denied me access to my SISTER. It is within HER power to strengthen me and restore my Domains so that I may do battle with the World Breaker!! Let us see how strong this Usurper is when he cannot channel his power thru Domains rightfully mine. I ask you again - in the memory of your husband Simjen - intercede and petition my SISTER to restore me to my Domains ... and to my power COSMIC. I will make short work of this World Breaker AND the planar beast if I am unconstrained!!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Who knows of this maelstrom off of my western coasts? Brother Undine, Sister Jove, is there a way for us to combine domains and still this unnatural storm? Brother Argothoth, is this storm of your unintentional doing? If so, will you join with Undine, Jove and me to attempt to still it?

Undine, may I again offer my help in freezing Pourzoleh's portal, or is that way now closed to us in keeping him away from Eiran? Argothoth, is there a way I can help you with this?

Argothoth, a fundamental tenant of Music is the beat and the tempo of the piece. May I flood Necrontir with Music, in the hopes of catching the unraveling Time and returning it to it's proper rhythm?

m'lady Melirelle, my lands too are suffering from earthquakes. But, it seems to be caused by the void itself.
the AllFather wrote: White-hot darkness pours out of the tattered portal that once was Chastus, blasting the land around it and seeping into the very ground, which shudders at its touch, creating earthquakes.
Can you guide me in how to brace the earth around this portal? Do you have any insight in to how this portal can be closed, thus rending the fiend separate from whence he came?

m'lady Jove. I heard nothing this Turn of my emissaries traveling to Jovian. Senex is wise, but ancient. Have they arrived, with the child of interest to us both?

So much to choose, so much to decide. And, of things I have not heard, I still must learn.

Brother Mox, my sincerest thanks. Although I have been told Sanuta proselytized in Zandarar with some of the power I sent your way while doing your will of watching over my people, I truly believe Raucous and I have returned to the weyr, or should I say weyrs(!), in relatively safe condition because of your efforts. I treble my welcome of you to the Pantheon. You took on a charge you did not need to, and performed above and beyond expectations.

Of our agreements for your service, I will do my best to fulfill.

Sisters, Brothers,...Cousin...it is good to be back. We must find a way to prevail. We will find a way to prevail!
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Moxinomal, I am hoping you have things to say about the following events:
The Allfather wrote:Segeth continues in his work. More and more people turn to your worship. However, after a few months he inexplicably seems to go mad, like many others among your worshipers, and his erratic behaviour leads many to forsake him and you.
The Allfather wrote:Someone among your people begins spreading lies about you, but he or she speaks with a honeyed tongue, and leads many away from your worship and to Moxinomal.
Are you responsible? If you are not responsible, were you also aware of these things? Whether one, both, or neither, do you have any suggestions? I am most concerned for Segeth. A loyal follower like him deserves better than to be taken from his chosen god, whether bodily or in his mind.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Dearest O-gon, I was not expecting my Little Sanuta to be converting in your land. I am sorry for what he has done and will scold him thusly.
Bhakti wrote:Moxinomal, I am hoping you have things to say about the following events:
The Allfather wrote:Segeth continues in his work. More and more people turn to your worship. However, after a few months he inexplicably seems to go mad, like many others among your worshipers, and his erratic behaviour leads many to forsake him and you.
The Allfather wrote:Someone among your people begins spreading lies about you, but he or she speaks with a honeyed tongue, and leads many away from your worship and to Moxinomal.
Are you responsible? If you are not responsible, were you also aware of these things? Whether one, both, or neither, do you have any suggestions? I am most concerned for Segeth. A loyal follower like him deserves better than to be taken from his chosen god, whether bodily or in his mind.
As for the first, I had no idea. Though they say if one delves too deep in to their own workings, Madness has a tendancy to trek it's way in. Maybe he just snapped and decided to bask in my technicolor spotlight?

The second, I did not know that my worshippers would spreak to the Lands of Love, and, with O-gon, you too have my apology. Madness be a fickle mistress... although I am a mister... REGARDLESS! None is of my knowledge, but I will take some time to contemplate the goings on and get back to you with a response on what can be done.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Mox wrote:Dearest O-gon, I was not expecting my Little Sanuta to be converting in your land. I am sorry for what he has done and will scold him thusly.
Mox, as he came from my people, he probably felt very much at home in Zandarar, and lost his sense of place. He is new to his calling. Set him straight, but please do so with Love and Light.

Again, my thanks.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Tarnished Sword wrote:
Bhakti wrote:Moxinomal, I am hoping you have things to say about the following events:
As for the first, I had no idea. Though they say if one delves too deep in to their own workings, Madness has a tendancy to trek it's way in. Maybe he just snapped and decided to bask in my technicolor spotlight?

The second, I did not know that my worshippers would spreak to the Lands of Love, and, with O-gon, you too have my apology. Madness be a fickle mistress... although I am a mister... REGARDLESS! None is of my knowledge, but I will take some time to contemplate the goings on and get back to you with a response on what can be done.
My thanks. *bows*
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Hedra...Sister...He will be avenged.
Death To All Fanatics!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Melirelle

These things do not move in the earth with my permission: they violate the earth and hide within it, and it attempts to expel them, thus causing the earthquakes. In the blasted lands, my control of the earth has been overridden; thus, I cannot expel them. I have been trying to reinforce the boundary between the blasted lands and my domain, but I have only so much power, and there are many areas that need my intervention.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Magoddar grieved. An endless procession of dwarrows gathered in Magiddo, coming from all other cities and villages, all throughout Magoddar and even as far as Anduria and Dondaeth. Even the giants sailed back to Magoddar, their homeland, for this was a time of sorrow for the children of Simjen. The Father of Dwarrows had passed away.
In the depths of Magiddo, before the statue of the Blessed Parents forged by Ferax long ago, stood an altar of iron, the anvil upon which Mjaellar had been forged. Red velvet covered the anvil, upon which rested a charred cloak, a twisted ring, and a broken spear. All that was left of Simjen, after his battle with the World Breaker. Neither the Father of Dwarrows nor Antovar, his terrible hound, had returned from their hunt; the hall was immense, and silent, but the multitude of dwarrows which quietly entered it seemed to dwarf even its size. Many, both young and old, were weeping openly; many others were grim, but sorrow was plain in their eyes. Ferax and Attem walked before them, the Prophets of Simjen had felt the moment their god had gone; brothers, they found little comfort in seeing each other again, for they would have both rather chosen not to, if only Simjen could have lived.
A woman stood silently before the altar, with white hair and a flowing robe, her face echoed in the metal of the statue before her; Hedra Iren grieved for her lost husband, for the father of her children, and Magoddar grieved with her. The skies above the realm of the dwarrows darkened with clouds, and rain fell like countless tears, the tears of an entire people.
Simjen had lived since the beginning of time; he had crafted the dwarrows before the First Age. He had returned to them, guided them, been their father in more than just words; of all the gods of Eiran, he had perhaps enjoyed the closest relationship with his children, and they had loved him for this. And now, after such a long time, and yet after only a few years since his return, Simjen was gone.
All across the world, the dwarrows left their homes to return to Magoddar, to be with one another in this time of sorrow; children who had lost a father.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Astavyastataa: You are... persistent, but continuing your efforts only means they your hand will be more easily detected in it. That your followers were the source of this curse on my people was quite easily determined by one follower of mine whose child suffered--and thanks to his ingenuity, you will find that your followers are no longer able to enter Ai-Lamentum undetected.
I can tell something of how you think. You believe that simply having been able to continue is proof that your efforts are superior to my own. In truth, I have only just begun to oppose them. You will see what I am capable of, soon.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Hedra Iren, I know we have had our disagreements in the past, but my thoughts are with you and all the Dwarrow and Giants in this time of loss. Simjen was both wise and strong and his absence will be felt greatly by all.

Return to “Pantheon”