Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

If we had a traitor in our midst, I doubt the 'World Breaker' would be crowing about it!

undine
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Stonemaybe wrote:If we had a traitor in our midst, I doubt the 'World Breaker' would be crowing about it!

undine
I tend to agree cousin! More disinformation from the RABID DOG!

*chuckles* Cousin Vadhaka characterizes this mutt well!!
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Post by The World Breaker »

Jove wrote:World breaker, world breaker.

I am so tired of gods blustering and blathering their strength and superiority.

First we had Nor Yekith who vanished into thin air when we stood against him. Then we had Asta and now we have you.

From all the threats I have heard throughout my existence, I have yet seen any god carry out his threats.

How is it then that we should 'cower' at your thunder?

I'm sorry but I am too busy laughing.

Mox, have you smited me with madness?
IT MATTERS LITTLE WHAT YOU THINK OR DO. IT MATTERS LITTLE THAT YOU CONSIDER MY PRONOUNCEMENTS "THREATS". YOU CHOSE A CHAMPION AND EMPOWERED HIM TO MAKE BATTLE WITH ME - AND HE FAILED. YOUR WORDS ILL SUIT A COWARD WHO STAYS BEHIND WHILE SENDING ANOTHER TO DO BATTLE ON HER BEHALF.

BUT I AM A MAGNANIMOUS GOD OF GODS, AND I WILL GRANT YOUR UNSPOKEN REQUEST. I WILL KEEP THE PROMISE OF MY NAME, AND SHOW YOU THE TRUTH YOU CRAVE. AND WE SHALL SEE IF YOU CAN HARVEST WHAT YOU SOW.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

You know, I really hope you are as good for your word as you say.

Yet, I think our mischievous Mox has magnanimously played a joke on you.

Hey, you know what? You would look great in pink!

And, I might add, you could use some sleep. Red eyes are usually a sign of lack of sleep. Or too much drinking.

Hey, Mox!!
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Jove wrote:You know, I really hope you are as good for your word as you say.

Yet, I think our mischievous Mox has magnanimously played a joke on you.

Hey, you know what? You would look great in pink!

And, I might add, you could use some sleep. Red eyes are usually a sign of lack of sleep. Or too much drinking.

Hey, Mox!!
*titter* Whoa, I have no idea where that came from. Hmm... Pink World Breaker... could be fuuuun :lol: Perhaps a nice plaid would be nice... oooh, the possibilites!!! :biggrin:
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

PERHAPS A DEMONSTRATION IS IN ORDER. CONSIDER THIS, CACKLING GODLING, A GIFT FROM ME, THAT IN THE LITTLE FUTURE YOU HAVE LEFT, YOU MAY CONSIDER YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY, BEFORE UTTERING THEM. KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE TENTH PART OF THE HORROR I WILL VISIT UPON YOU.

Last edited by The World Breaker on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

It was almost evening, and Dionach, weary after a day of toil, sat down on a stone, just in sight of Jovian. Helping to ensure the safety of Jove's people was first priority, of course - and a Prophet's work was never done. He was but the latest among Jove's exalted ones; his hand touched the two sapphires in his forehead - the blessings of the goddess. One was his own, given to him when he had been raised to Prophethood; another had belonged to Ismund, and carried with it the power that had allowed the late Prophet to destroy a herald of Destruction. Dionach smiled. There was little that could stand such power, and the goddess had seen it fit for him to wear that sapphire also, as a greater token of protection in these dark and troubled times.
Weary, the Prophet closed his eyes, lost in thoughts of where to go from there...

Emptiness.

"What... where am I?" Dionach exclaimed, finding himself floating in an endless, dark void unlike anything he had ever seen. "Of course", he amended after a moment, "I must have fallen asleep. This must be a dream - though I feel uneasy."

Suddenly Ismund's Sapphire, burst into blue light, throbbing on the Prophet's forehead; it seemed to perceive something - to recognize an enemy, Dionach suddenly realized, with a shiver.

"The World Breaker!" His heart became as ice when he realized what enemy was approaching. Ismund's Sapphire was glowing, attempting - now Dionach realized it - to protect him from the approaching foe. But Dionach knew also that though Ismund had destroyed one of the World Breaker's heralds, it was unlikely the Sapphire could harm the herald's Master.

Two red slits, like endless pits of malevolence, radiating an almost palpable evil, suddenly opened in the midst of darkness, and when their infernal light bathed Dionach in its rays, the Prophet of Jove flinched as if burned; had the Sapphires not protected him, he knew the pain would be excruciating.

"DIONACH, PROPHET OF THE CACKLING ONE." The voice reverberated across the recesses of Dionach's own mind, his head almost threatening to burst with each word; it was a voice as cold as winter's heart and as hot as the depths of the sun, utterly dispassionate and utterly inhuman. Dionach had been before a deity before, but Jove was a benevolent goddess - she had never appeared to him in her full divine glory. The World Breaker's glory was unholy, but its power was such that Dionach felt he could have turned to stone on the spot, had the entity before him wanted him to. As it was, he could not speak, he could barely think; he shivered, unable to move in the grip of those red, unearthly eyes.

"YOUR MISTRESS HAS DARED TO CHALLENGE ME, LITTLE MORTAL. I HAVE A GIFT TO OFFER HER. YOUR PREDECESSORS DIED IN YOUR GODLING'S SERVICE. NOW I COULD SLAY YOU HERE - UNLESS YOU PLEDGE YOUR LOYALTY TO ME."

"Never!" Dionach whispered, mustering all his defiance. "My goddess Jove blessed me with her trust, and I shall die before betraying her! You may kill me now, Destroyer", he continued, gritting his teeth against the pain he knew would soon come, "but I swear to you, my mistress will see to it that I am avenged, and that you suffer like those you have slain before!"

"CONSIDER WELL YOUR ANSWER, LITTLE MORTAL", the voice echoed again, "FOR IF YOU CHOOSE DEATH, I SHALL SEE TO IT THAT YOUR DEATH LASTS A LIFETIME." It was chilling to hear the inhuman voice speak of these matters with such detachment - as if it were merely the fate of a pebble it was discussing. With a shiver, Dionach realized that, to the World Breaker, he was little more than that. Still, he drew himself up and forced himself to look into the eyes of the Destroyer.

"Do your worst." He said firmly. "My goddess will protect me."

"SO BE IT." Then, white-hot, searing pain suddenly coursed through every fiber of Dionach's being; as if thousands of devilish hooks had sunk into his flesh and muscle, as if salt had been poured on his whole flayed body, as if he had fallen into a river of molten lava, except that the pain did not stop, but grew stronger, and stronger, and stronger, until Dionach's resistance snapped, and he screamed in pain... screamed until he had no voice anymore, until his mind broke...

... And then, after who knows how much time, he found himself once again sitting on the stone, outside Jovian, his body unmarked by the ordeal. A woman stood before him, with hair of gold and eyes of silver, sapphires on her earrings and rings of precious stones and metals on her fingers. She wore a beautiful dress of spun gold, and her smile was balm to the confused, weary Dionach. The Sapphires on his forehead glowed brightly, and Dionach just knew they recognized their mistress: he was still trembling, shocked and confused by the experience, but he realized now what must have occurred: his goddess had heard his plea, and had come to rescue him! He stumbled on his feet, trying to be worthy of the dangers she had no doubt endured to rescue him.

"My lady..." He said, bowing awkwardly, feeling devoid of energy, "I... thank you. I don't know... how long I would have... endured the pain. I was... tempted into madness..." But the woman waved her hand dismissingly.

"It is over, Dionach... it is all over now. I know you are weary, and your spirit is wounded. It was a cruel ordeal you went through. But I have ended it, my brave Prophet... and I can heal you, if you so wish. I have need of your strength for the conflict ahead," she concluded grimly.

Dionach realized what she meant. Obviously, the World Breaker was far from defeated - and his goddess would have need of her Prophet. He strove to stand upright. "I... am your obedient servant, of course." He exclaimed, determinedly. His Lady smiled and approached, as if to hug him... was that a sneer on her face?

"NO!" Dionach shouted, as the scene around him melted into nothingness again, and the image of his Lady turned into two baleful red eyes in the darkness. An inhuman laughter echoed in the void.

"TOO LATE, MORTAL! THE WORDS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN... AND YOU ARE MINE!" Dionach tried to draw away, despair filling him as the implications of what had happened became clear in his mind. The Sapphires had tried to warn him... but he had been too confused and trusting to heed their warning! "NOOOO!!!!" He cried, "JOVE! MY LADY! HELP MEEEEE..."

"SHE CANNOT HELP YOU NOW, LITTLE MORTAL. NO ONE CAN. YOU ARE MINE TO DO WITH AS I WILL." A vast, white-hot hand emerged from the void and grasped Dionach as if he were but a doll; He struggled to free himself, but the hand's white-hot frost coursed into him with the same intensity as the neverending pain he had suffered early into this charade. "YOU WILL RETURN TO THE WORLD", said the World Breaker, "YOU WILL BRING YOUR GODLING THE MESSAGE I DEIGN TO IMPART UPON HER!" Dionach cried in anguish and pain, once again, as he felt every fiber of his being torn apart, replaced with something dark and oily and terrifyingly alien, closer and closer to his soul... And when the first dark thing touched his naked spirit, then the screaming really began.

A man clad in ominous black armor, wielding a bleeding sword, stood by a charred stone outside the walls of Jovian. He was tall and grim, his hair as white as bone, and from twin, blood-red rubies set in his forehead, blazing, baleful red light shone forth, heralding the malevolence of the knight. Had one been able to see his features clearly, one could have perhaps recognized a vague resemblance with the man Dionach - but Dionach was no more. In his place was a darker being now, shaped in the image of its master and in possession of all of Dionach's memories, but none of his feelings or old loyalties. A soul reborn to evil.

The Harbinger of Destruction turned his double gaze upon the unsuspecting city of Jovian and smiled.

Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Ok, so, you were able to possess a human?

Where is the power in that?

Why didn't you face me yourself? Or perhaps my dear friend Simjen brought you too close to the brink of death to take on a goddess.

Perhaps you are too weak to do more than possess a human.

I'm laughing at this show of 'superior' power.

Cool picture, though. Dionache looks hot.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Sister, I admire your fortitude in the face of this attack. I know not how much help they will be, but I remind you that somewhere in Jovian are Donaan, Sketch, and Hyacinth with their Riders. And my wisest shaman, Senex is there as well. They are yours to command.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

The DOG fears you cousin JOVE - as he feared the devotion of your prophet.
As I rend his being what piece would you like as a trophy? Perhaps his severed hand? The grovelling o-gon-cho seems smitten with his eyes - perhaps I will give them to her!

WORLD BREAKER - it does not impress us that such a potent god *snorts* needs guile and deceit to defeat one prophet!!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:The grovelling o-gon-cho seems smitten with his eyes - perhaps I will give them to her!
Astavyastataa Kadna...

You have teased me in the past with claims of growing stronger from my apparent Suffering in response to certain messages I have asked for and received. Know now that I hope you are gaining strength from the very real suffering I have only started to endure as those I had called friends and brethren make it clear that again I am not trusted and turn away.

I forged my own path, and have apparently been singled out. I still strongly feel that battle is not the answer we are looking for. Though I have no idea what or where the answer will be found, I will continue to look for answers as I help what the Pantheon decides to do as I can.

But know, by my own hand, I believe the Suffering I have been promised as already begun. May you gain strength from it.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

The DOG fears you cousin JOVE - as he feared the devotion of your prophet.
As I rend his being what piece would you like as a trophy? Perhaps his severed hand? The grovelling o-gon-cho seems smitten with his eyes - perhaps I will give them to her!
I agree, Asta. Why else target a human rather than a goddess? He is not as fearsome as he wants us to think.
"YOUR MISTRESS HAS DARED TO CHALLENGE ME, LITTLE MORTAL. I HAVE A GIFT TO OFFER HER. YOUR PREDECESSORS DIED IN YOUR GODLING'S SERVICE. NOW I COULD SLAY YOU HERE - UNLESS YOU PLEDGE YOUR LOYALTY TO ME."
Heh, I call him out - I challenge him - and he attacks a helpless mortal. A cowardly act if ever I saw one.

I do not want to litter my space with any part of that thing. But, perhaps you could bring his ashes to me in a bottle.

How does that sound?
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

I will give you his ashes in an appropriate urn!

But my vassal is wrong ... not pink ... we can see by his cowardly attack on a mortal ... by guile no less ... when his direct attack FAILED! The color for this WORLD BREAKER should be YELLOW!
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:The DOG fears you cousin JOVE - as he feared the devotion of your prophet.

WORLD BREAKER - it does not impress us that such a potent god *snorts* needs guile and deceit to defeat one prophet!!
IT DOES NOT IMPRESS ME THAT NONE OF YOU HAS THE COURAGE TO FACE ME UNAIDED. IT DOES NOT IMPRESS ME THAT THE CACKLING ONE ASKS OTHERS TO FACE DANGER WHILE SHE REMAINS SAFE, AND THEN BELIEVES HERSELF ENTITLED TO TAUNT AND LAUGH.

THE HARBINGER WILL SOON DEMONSTRATE HIS VALOR. AS FOR YOU, PITIFUL, BLUSTERING SPECK OF DUST, I WILL GIVE YOU A GIFT BEYOND COMPARE, I BELIEVE... IF SUFFERING IS WHAT YOU FEED UPON, SUFFERING IS WHAT I WILL GIVE YOU. BUT DO NOT EXPECT YOUR SERVANTS TO RETURN - I HAVE ENSURED THEY WILL TROUBLE ME NO MORE.

WATCH AND WARE, GODLINGS.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Bah!! Unaided ... I know you ... and I know the SOURCE of your elevation!! You who speak of being unaided and who tap power from the VOID!

SEAL the VOID!! Show yourself in the lists of DEITIES cowardly one!! Why do you hide your strength!? What do you FEAR!!? And I will meet you in combat on the PEAKS OF DESTRUCTION!!

IF YOU DARE!!
The World Breaker
Servant of the Land

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:Bah!! Unaided ... I know you ... and I know the SOURCE of your elevation!! You who speak of being unaided and who tap power from the VOID!

SEAL the VOID!! Show yourself in the lists of DEITIES cowardly one!! Why do you hide your strength!? What do you FEAR!!? And I will meet you in combat on the PEAKS OF DESTRUCTION!!

IF YOU DARE!!
I ALREADY CHALLENGED YOU, PITIFUL ONE, AND YOU BEGGED POWER FROM YOUR ALLIES TO FACE ME. ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE, COME TO ME AND END IT, IF YOU DARE, OR WHINE IN A CORNER WHILE I ROAM THE WORLD.

AS FOR YOUR "PEAKS OF DESTRUCTION"... I SUSPECT THAT SHAN'T BE POSSIBLE.

GOAD ME TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT, GODLINGS - HIDE BEHIND WORDS AS YOUR CHAMPIONS GO TO THEIR DEATHS. I AM THE PROMISE KEPT; THERE IS NO REPRIEVE THIS SIDE OF DEATH.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

The World Breaker wrote:I AM THE PROMISE KEPT; THERE IS NO REPRIEVE THIS SIDE OF DEATH.
*shaking head clear of research cobwebs*

Someone help me out here, please. I am obviously looking right past something. What promise?
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

[To Xar: The following is, obviously, intended for everyone except Neph. It would be a needless amount of effort for me to PM it to every player individually, so lets just pretend Neph can't see it even though it's in the public thread, ok?]

Brethren, our path to victory in this is laid clear before us, yet I see little sign that you are aware of it, so allow me to make it clearer.
Combat is an unnecessary risk. A god can be destroyed without facing him directly thus. The answer is to deprive him of his strength. Destroying his servants we have begun to do, but his main power would seem to come from beyond--we have it backwards, I think. First, we seal the void, beginning with the gateway opened by O-gon-cho. Only then, once he is isolated, do we destroy the servants that have followed him to Eiran.
First we sever the source of his strength, then we remove what remains. There is no need for any of you to risk yourselves.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Maeror wrote: Brethren, our path to victory in this is laid clear before us, yet I see little sign that you are aware of it, so allow me to make it clearer.
Combat is an unnecessary risk. A god can be destroyed without facing him directly thus. The answer is to deprive him of his strength. Destroying his servants we have begun to do, but his main power would seem to come from beyond--we have it backwards, I think. First, we seal the void, beginning with the gateway opened by O-gon-cho. Only then, once he is isolated, do we destroy the servants that have followed him to Eiran.
First we sever the source of his strength, then we remove what remains. There is no need for any of you to risk yourselves.
*vigorously nodding*

I strongly agree with this, although I do not know for sure the Chastus portal supplies the way to Nephirthos' strength. But, it's definitely still open.
The AllFather wrote: White-hot darkness pours out of the tattered portal that once was Chastus, blasting the land around it and seeping into the very ground, which shudders at its touch, creating earthquakes.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

[Per Murrin protocol - for Pantheon - not Nephy ;) ]

Astroth, my FAVORED who recovers thanks to Undine's followers possess Simjen's Nails. These were acquired to address a rend in Necrontir but should be suitable for sealing the breach provided by Chastus.

While we may be opposed, my FAVORED can use the nails with Norn's blessing to seal the Chastus rift. I suggest that be done ... AFTER we lure the Planar Beast into the void. Let the Beast keep the usurper company for eternity. Norn can strengthen the seal when this is done.

What say you Maeror? What say you my cousins?

Return to “Pantheon”