Heart of God: Rules & Discussion

Moderator: I'm Murrin

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Your stats had changed, and the game thread numbers were correct.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Deadline. I have received one submission, from Azathaerlth.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

*sigh* Sorry again. Not sure what the problem is! I even wrote it up, but forgot to send it! It's not like it's a complicated thing. I'm not doing wacky stuff, so it doesn't take long.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

In the interests of keeping things moving, I'm going to accept your submission but throw some punishment your way for being late.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Heh
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Mostly dull turn, alas. I got to be a little creative with Fist's punishment.

Next deadline is the 13th of May.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Glad you enjoyed yourself. :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Haven't heard from Goatkiller for a while. Didn't submit a turn last time and hasn't posted. Where you at?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Hey. I'm here. Somewhere under all this work, anyway.

I saw the deadline coming. Then I noticed that it was the night before, and I made room on my schedule for "real soon now". But when I was about to get on it, I saw my results in my inbox.

Like... literally, I was clicking over to Outlook to open a new mail message, and I saw the results sitting there. So, I figured I'd earned that, and I'd take my lumps. Guess I should still give some feedback to let you know I'm not dropping the game... just having a bad several weeks in a row.

I just wish that on the several occasions I've said that my workload was going to slow down that it actually did. I feel like a broken record, with telling people "Next week, I'll be back to normal."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I was maybe a little short on the deadline that last turn. Only gave one week. I've pretty much been setting it as the next Monday that's at least 7 days away, so that was probably the shortest deadline yet.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Deadline's today. heh
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Deadline. What the hell, people?

Results tonight. They're unlikely to be good. I will not accept any late submissions this time.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

And I, obviously, knew. And knew what I was going to do. Then... *sigh* I get sidetracked pretty easily sometimes. I am but an egg.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Murrin, I understand about not accepting submissions, even if the punishments are severe, that's your decision, but what is with your phrasing? In my case, I remembered about the deadline yesterday. My brother had urgent work for his university and occupied the computer. I wait till about 2 at night, then just fell asleep.

And I'm pretty sure Goat is deep in work.

Why do you speak like that? And even without asking what's going on. And not even speaking about your own deadlines - a day here or there, right? I do hope you remember people have lives. Today is the first time I seriously contemplated quitting this game.

I hope you won't take my words like an insult or something, I just really don't like when a game like this gets prioritized too much and turned into a problem instead of fun.
A role-player, beware
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I think maybe you're the one taking my words too seriously.

And I don't believe I'm unjustified in being annoyed by the ongoing pattern of missing deadlines. Look at it this way: I give almost two full weeks and hear not a word until the day after the deadline. If you guys feel like you need more time between turns, just let me know. I acknowledged that the last turn deadline was too short.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I don't have a legit excuse, don't need more time, and didn't take your words at all harshly. Justified, imo. My wife yells at me and makes fun of me for walking out the door EVERY DAMNED DAY without my lunch. Even when one of us puts it right by the door. :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Results sent for the most boring turn so far. ;) Almost nothing occured, except for the continued consequences of some earlier stuff.

Just how little needed to change this turn makes me wonder if I've maybe been too conservative with swings in followers and faith (up and down).

Or maybe it's just bad luck - I already upped the chance of random events as high as I'm willing to take it, but got almost nothing.

For a new deadline I'm going to offer the 27th of May.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I'm Murrin wrote:I think maybe you're the one taking my words too seriously.

And I don't believe I'm unjustified in being annoyed by the ongoing pattern of missing deadlines. Look at it this way: I give almost two full weeks and hear not a word until the day after the deadline. If you guys feel like you need more time between turns, just let me know. I acknowledged that the last turn deadline was too short.
Ah, good, perhaps I've taken some damage to my sense of humor or otherwise failed to recognize, sorry :crazy: :)

I don't think you're really unjustified and I didn't expect needing more time till the last day itself. It was the annoyance I've felt that bothered me, or perhaps thought that I felt - I'm very not fond of such feelings about games, particularly about the level of presence and the deadlines, life happens. I'm going to guess and forewarn though, or otherwise try to avoid such sitations in the future.
I'm Murrin wrote:Results sent for the most boring turn so far. ;) Almost nothing occured, except for the continued consequences of some earlier stuff.

Just how little needed to change this turn makes me wonder if I've maybe been too conservative with swings in followers and faith (up and down).

Or maybe it's just bad luck - I already upped the chance of random events as high as I'm willing to take it, but got almost nothing.

For a new deadline I'm going to offer the 27th of May.
Thanks, the results are much better than I expected :) And the new deadline looks fine... or so it seems to me now :)
A role-player, beware
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wanna hear something funny? Heh. Turn sent.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Surprised me. Thanks, Fist.

Return to “Heart of God”