Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Zephyr wrote:Oh rubbish. i told you what you did immediately after you killed them. As now, your attitude was, "So?" You could not care less that you killed innocents. How safe is every other innocent in the world?
Exactly. From the beginning I said nothing more to you privately than I have been here, and yet you try to twist and maneuver it into your favor as if we "attacked" you.

How safe are the innocents in the world? As safe as we all make them. My people are protected, because my head is not in the clouds. I know there are going to be battles and wars in the future. I am prepared now. I do more than scream bloody murder.
From a single Acorn, a mighty Oak
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Bel wrote:Lord of War, that you cannot conceive of Peace without War is not a surprise to me: it is a failing of your nature, that clings to war and violence as it has not the ability to view power as other than the power to do harm unto others. Such things are ever thus, in those that have not the capacity for enlightenment.
On the contrary, there is great power in refusing to do harm, or in allowing harm to be done unto you. No brother. What you fail to see is that if no man knew war, peace the constant would be unrecognised for what it is.

Without dark, no light. Without love, no hate. Without greed, no generosity, without life, no death. Without War, no Peace.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Do you think that one must know one has Peace in order to be safe from the evils of War? It is not the knowledge of Peace that I desire, but its fact.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Ha, not to be safe from it. But unless you know War, you cannot know peace when you have it, and vice versa.

In a universe of balance, both must exist for either to have any meaning. I do not begrudge it.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Gentlemen of the Pantheon,

This argumentation is truly futile. The members of the Eclipse Alliance are acting in their own best interest, as is their right. How many of us have acted in our own interest at the expense of others?

Innocents may have been or will be killed but how can I - the goddess of death - complain about that? :wink: It is the way of the world, the endless cycle, as the earth churns and rejuvenates the ground, sometimes very destructively, only brings fertility and wealth.

Each one of us has our right to form an alliance for protection. Each of us has the right to act in any way we choose. Eclipse has simply made it public.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Tawhiri-matea wrote:
Zephyr wrote:Oh rubbish. i told you what you did immediately after you killed them. As now, your attitude was, "So?" You could not care less that you killed innocents. How safe is every other innocent in the world?
Exactly. From the beginning I said nothing more to you privately than I have been here, and yet you try to twist and maneuver it into your favor as if we "attacked" you.
No twisting is required. You killed many of my followers. It was likely an accident. When you found out, you said, "So?" Murder is not less noble.
Tawhiri-matea wrote:My people are protected, because my head is not in the clouds. I know there are going to be battles and wars in the future. I am prepared now. I do more than scream bloody murder.
Your people are protected because you are the one who kills without knowing or caring. You will not likely release your blasts in your own lands.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

uKulwa wrote:You take much upon yourselves at little urging or for less reason I suspect. Actions speak louder than words, and by your actions shall I judge my response. But I shall brook no interference in the lands I regard my own.

*bows*
I could not have worded this any better.
My stance is the same.
My thanks for being succinct and to the point, uKulwa.

*bows in return*
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Zephyr wrote:No twisting is required. You killed many of my followers. It was likely an accident. When you found out, you said, "So?" Murder is not less noble.
I am glad that we have come to agree it was not intentional! Perhaps there is hope for your people, after all! :D
Zephyr wrote:]Your people are protected because you are the one who kills without knowing or caring. You will not likely release your blasts in your own lands.

I am the only one who has publicly acknowledged my lack of caring. I doubt that I am the only one who feels such. You'd be surprised what I have in common with certain members of Sunrise court.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

The point is that this
The Eclipse wrote:Mortals should not fear The Eclipse. It does not bring about pain and death unnecessarily like other hypocritical so called gods are want to do.
is a lie. The Eclipse does bring about pain and death unnecessarily. Accidental death? Tough luck. You simply don't care who dies. How is this better than murder? The victim is just as dead. And those who remain know that your morality will not prevent you from killing them tomorrow. Not giving a damn about having killed innocent bystanders means you'll not give a damn about it the next time you're about to whip up a storm. How is it better than having a murderous deity on the loose?

The Eclipse wrote:For if anyone, mortal or otherwise, was to intentionally bring about the harm or death of someone under the care of The Eclipse, then they shall be smote down with great fury and vengeance. For every one worshiper of The Eclipse that is slain by a follower of a deluded false god, ten shall be taken in return.
The innocents of the world already know that not bringing about the harm or death of someone under your care does not mean you won't kill them anyway.

As I've been saying, your actions speak for you much more eloquently than your words. Continue speaking about it if you wish, as I'm sure you'll continue killing my followers. But I'm done with this conversation.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

I was not aware that you were indulging in a conversation, Bhakti. All I have been hearing from you is that incessant whining your line is good for. Face it, you pathetic excuse for a god, you are terrified that there is an alliance of gods who go against your childish notion of a philosophy.

The sooner I mutate that mouth of your shut the sooner the world will be a better place.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

It seems to me that very little good can come from an alliance between such disagreeable characters.

Be warned, eclipse members, I will not consider your alliance any reason to give you immunity from revenge, should you deserve it.
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Cryak
Giantfriend

Post by Cryak »

Zephyr wrote:The point is that this
The Eclipse wrote:Mortals should not fear The Eclipse. It does not bring about pain and death unnecessarily like other hypocritical so called gods are want to do.
is a lie. The Eclipse does bring about pain and death unnecessarily. Accidental death? Tough luck. You simply don't care who dies. How is this better than murder? The victim is just as dead. And those who remain know that your morality will not prevent you from killing them tomorrow. Not giving a damn about having killed innocent bystanders means you'll not give a damn about it the next time you're about to whip up a storm. How is it better than having a murderous deity on the loose?
You speak of the necessity of death. As far as I am aware, the only people that have died to Eclipse's actions have been the ones in the forest of Olvir, killed in the creation of the Olvir Desert. You think those deaths unnecessary.

We think that without those deaths, many of our OWN people would've been killed.

Are you really trying to tell me that we were supposed to let our OWN followers die, JUST because it would be a mean thing to do to kill yours? Come now Zephyr. I shrugged at their deaths because they are not my people. I doubt that you would come running with pity, tears and bandages if any of MY people were killed. I am simply trying to be honest.

Zephyr wrote:The innocents of the world already know that not bringing about the harm or death of someone under your care does not mean you won't kill them anyway.
In what way? Besides the people killed above, there have been NO aggressive actions done by this Alliance. You scream a lot over one instance, Leafy One. Usually one would bring more to the table when trying to rile up a posse, as seems to be the intent of your accusatory speeches.
Zephyr wrote:As I've been saying, your actions speak for you much more eloquently than your words. Continue speaking about it if you wish, as I'm sure you'll continue killing my followers. But I'm done with this conversation.
I am sorry to hear that our conversation is over, I thought it quite enlightening.
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Amplarx wrote:Be warned, eclipse members, I will not consider your alliance any reason to give you immunity from revenge, should you deserve it.
Ahhh, you have taken the domain of Foolishness from Bhakti.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Announcement:

By mutual agreement with Eclipse, Calais, Queen of Earth and Goddess of Death, has joined the alliance.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

yar!

Post by madsage »

Alright, then...I'm beginning to get an inkling of an idea that the forum is deceptively quiet...hidden factions and such...and I doubt any of us are so foolish as to think we can go it alone gracefully...is it a formality that we pretend all uncourted stragglers are not in cahoots?
-----8<-------------------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

I believed, as I'm sure did others, that those deities who did not align themselves to Daybreak or Nightfall sought the strength the comes with numbers, although I didn't think that it had progressed as far as the Eclipse have recently shown us all that it has.

Why Koel, has the Lord of Time something share with the rest of us?
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by madsage »

Well, the seasons are moving in sequence, and I'm resigned to the certainty that eventually I'll know at least the successful mysteries...hindsight and destiny make pretty good allies, you might agree.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

My good Koel, that sounds rather like a proposition.
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
madsage
<i>Elohim</i>

midday

Post by madsage »

Certainly...There are probably some possibilities in mingling time and fate...that has worked for judges of all stripes for eons...the meeting point between our courts is the noon sun, where the eclipse is only a flicker...I'd be very happy to help in the conversion of Arakoth, for instance...provided any random artifacts happening to surface there find their way to my hands...yes, a noon alliance could be something special, and all are welcome to show their face...
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
←↨→
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

There is a matter of grave importance that I must bring before you all. Shortly before the Goddess of Earth's reckless reshaping of the continent of Halym, some of those that follow Peace discovered that there is a crack in the icewall near to where Ramath stood. The crack was only small, but who knows what further damage this upheaval may have caused?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Return to “Pantheon”