Darkwood--Glimmer of Hope

Moderator: Seven Words

Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

When you indicate that tree, a tremor runs from base to leaf-tips, and those white streaks flicker a few pale pink lines within them.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Also....anyone looking in Sigrids ball can see a similar tree near Led and Skyseeker.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Do I see this tree with my Knowledge (nature) and Survival skills? Does Skyseeker?]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

you see it, but not enough to see it as anything other than a willow tree. nothing special about it you can tell...nor she.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[Then I continue going past / near the tree. Let's rock this ambush!]
Geek the mage, first.
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I try to cast Message on Skyseeker, Led Pighp, and Katrina. [I have a 60% chance to be able to cast Message through the Crystal Ball. See the details for Scrying. If it works, I can have a whispered conversation with them for two hours.]

"The willow tree is a trap. There's something inside it."

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sorc 0 (5/6) |Sorc 1 (0/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Reson Bolt 26
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|--------------
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
             |  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Led Pighp wrote:[ Let's rock this ambush!]
[Wouldn't it be an amtree?]
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

[HATE]
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

OOC--Rolled initiative, Led, Bleeding Willow, and Sigrid...Sigrid didn't beat the tree. Led 21, Tree 15, Sigrid 12

The tree's branches flail at Led, the leaves edges peeling back to reveal small hollow thorns! Two of the twelve attacking branches lash out at Skyseeker! Further, a mist of some sort starts emanating from the ground, wherever the roots run....

Led is struck by three branches! He manages to avoid the entanglements of two, but one sticks to him...(14 points and 12 points)

Skyseeker is only struck by one, and manages to not let it adhere to her... (11 points)
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

(can we see this happening on siggy's crystal ball? If so, I want to send a fire spell at our own evil pink tree, but I can't remember which fire spell I have, and I can't get into my sheet as I am sans interwebs atm. I think it's scorching ray. I think. Can you check for me, seven? Hopefuly we can get the jump on our own evil shrubbery before it tries to eat us.)
-Cloak of Greater Displacement (50% miss chance)
-Gargoyle Boots
-Ring of Minor Spell Storing
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

it is Kelgore's Fire Bolt....

Annalysei sends a lance of flame into the near-willow tree....which responds by flinging a storm of leaves at her, Sigrid, Kalindriel, and Katrina....the tree is now on fire. (20 points, and will burn for 1d8 points per round)

Only Sigrid and Anna are able to avoid the exsanguinating assault! As the leaves are flung, the bizarre "fang" spines are revealed...and as the leaves hit, they embed in the flesh, the blood triggering some kind of feeding mechanism, the leaves tissues swelling into jagged serrations, making their removal rather...messy. But eh feeding tubes, even though no longer attached to the tree, make an excellent egress point for blood.

Kalindriel takes 8 points!

OOC---1d4 HP blood loss per round for 10 minus Con mod rounds, standard action to remove leaves, removal is 2d6 damage

DM Edit...sorry, thought Katrina was back by carpet. corrected
Last edited by Seven Words on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Move to get flanking off Led with the Tree between us, unless a similar tree is lurking nearby.

If the tree is too big to do that effectively, just get close and attack.

I must amtrina the amtreeing Tree!

Attack, Attack, (If he hasn't noticed me) Expert Tactician Attack.

[AC: 35 (With all modifiers)]
[Attack Bonus: 22 (With all modifiers)]
[88/88 HP (12 of which is Temporary)]
Dodge V Tree (AC 36)
[Blessing of Darethon: +2 Str/Dex/Con]
Feat: Expert Tactician: If enemy denied Dex I get one free attack at full BAB.
[Heavy Fortification, DR 10/Magic]
Feat: Rapidstrike: When making a full attack with paired natural weapons, you may make one additional attack at -5 BAB
Last edited by Katrina on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Can the tree flail its branches about (meaning if I got close to it, could itwhomping willow me)
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Yes, as it did to Led & Skyseeker.

map to follow sometime later this weekend..work tomorrow, boo.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Sigh. I blame the tiny cell screen, and scrolling too fast. I thought it thorned them. Okay, I can haz another fire bolt plz?
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Katrina wrote:[Attack Bonus: 22 (With all modifiers)]
[Cyan is a horrible horrible font color.]

Led grunts as the branches bite into his flank. As he tries to move away from the tree, he notices that one is tugging on him still. He reaches for the branch, but doesn't grip it, fearing it would just sink into the palms of his hands as well. [Knowledge (nature) success] Instead, he calls to Skyseeker, "Hang on." and moves around a nearby tree's branches, so that the attacking branch is being pullied around that branch, and Led's entire weight is pulling downwards against the feeding tube.

Moving to a lower level of branches, but still staying well away from ground level where the mist is rising from the tree's roots, Led rushes back in towards the tree and claws it mightily. [Scratching post!]
  • 97hp
    Dodge vs Tree
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Anna's second fire bolt strikes the tree....with the first one having set it ablaze, this proves too much for it...whatever liquids perfuse the tissues of it's heartwood, they boil easily...as it explodes with a wet popping sound.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

( lol@ scratching post. We should get Led many giant kitty toys. Giant catnip mouse, anyone?)
-Gargoyle Boots
- Gauntlet of Ogre Power
101 base HP
Sigrid
Giantfriend

Post by Sigrid »

I look up at the exploded tree.

"Eww. You got tree sap. Blood? All over us."

I cast Prestidigitation again. I start to clean up the mess.

Code: Select all

Cleric 0     |Cleric 1     |Cleric 2     |Cleric 3     |Cleric 4     |Staff  (28/50)
 Create Water| Hide Frm Und|*Bull's Str  |*Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | Les Restore 1
 Create Water| Bane        |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Serious   1
 Create Water|*Bless       |*Bull's Str  | Dispel Magic|*Imb Sp Abil | C Critical  2
 Create Water| Identify    | Consecrate  | Dispel Magic|*Restoration | Restoration 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      | Dispel Magic|             | Rem Bli/Def 2
 Create Water| Identify    |*Status      |             |             | Rem Disease 3
Sorc 0 (4/6) |Sorc 1 (0/8) |Sorc 2 (5/8) |Sorc 3 (7/8) |Sorc 4 (4/5) |Wands
 Acid Splash | Burn Hands  | Scorch Ray  | Fireball    | Orb of Acid | Acid Arr   15 
 Arcane Mark | Identify    | See Invis   | Dispel Magic| Enlarge, Gr | Det Secr D 15
 Dance Light | Mag Missile | Spectr Hand | Resonat Bolt|             | Disp Magic 50
 Detect Magic| Shield      | Cat's Grace |             |             | Find Traps 50
 Light       | Feather Fall|             |             |-------------| Knock      15
 Mage Hand   |             |             |-------------|Rods         | Lgtng Bolt 38
 Message     |-------------|-------------|Turn  (13/13)| Empower  1/3| Reson Bolt 26
 Prestidigit |Crystal Ball |Incense Med 4| Sacred Heal | Absorb  6/24|
Sigrid  62/62|Anna  101/101|Kali  100/100|Katrina 88/88|Led   123/123|Sorchat 31/31
 Arcane Sight| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h| Status   12h|
 DisguiseSelf| Imb Sp Abil | Imb Sp Abil |             |             |
             |  CLW CLW CMW|  CLW CLW CMW|             |             |
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

[After talking with Seven, Kali only took 3 damage.]

Kalindriel looks more annoyed than hurt, however, Anna destroyed the tree before she had a chance to pull out her gardening tools in retaliation.

Feeling a trickle on her arm where the spine landed, she pulls it out with a grunt and tosses it haphazardly to the side. The weak throw misses going over the edge causing it to land on the carpet.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”