World of Warcraft

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

I love it that you continue posting in this thread whether there is anyone paying attention or not Sorus!!! :lol:

I am trying to pay more attention! :D
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Eh, I didn't post anything here between January and yesterday, but I try to keep it going. I've occasionally caught myself tailoring posts for lurkers who don't actually play.

Looking at you, Av.

Av sees all.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

How are things going in WoW.

Who's still active?
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Damelon wrote:How are things going in WoW.

Who's still active?

me, sorus, tekki, bleach, and jhekkar (who now goes by Bitey! lol)

and of course, my husband (Creator for you lurkers) who has 2 accounts full of toons that he names after Malazan characters, levels to max, gears and then forgets about and goes on to another toon! lol

he is pretty much the sole occupant of the Legacy guild on the scryers. i mean i think we all still have toons in there but none but him play them. i finally made my death knight Silanah GL and moved Irv over to garona cause i missed her. i've moved Mirrth, Meara (my druid), and Dunsparrow over there too but i mostly play Madmaadalyn, my Irv clone, Irv, Mirrth my mage, and my newest toon Dusk, my void elf shadow priest who i made to level and get the transmog gear which i don't even wear. LOL!!!

the game has changed a lot, or...maybe evolved is a better word...since you were last playing regularly and it would just be too extensive to try and go into all that has changed here.

but i'm still having fun. mostly because Sorus found us a FABULOUS guild to play with on Garona. Spectrum. we have a guild in both factions, Spectrum Rage (horde) and Spectrum Phoenix (alliance). it is primarily an LGBTQ+ Allies social guild and i truthfully, i never thought i'd find another group of people i loved playing with as much as i loved Legacy peeps, Dray, Kelleta, Siliskor, etc, but this guild...these people...i dearly love them and they have just embraced us Legacy refugees like we were long lost relatives or something. just a great bunch of people and very active. :D

so that's my update for ya. :D come on over to Garona and play a bit with us!! :D
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yes, come back for BfA, Damelon. I can't remember exactly when you stopped playing - I remember you went horde on another server for a bit, but I lose all track of time these days.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I got about halfway through Pandaria when I last played, though that was after a hiatus of a year or two. I had Alliance on The Scryers and Horde on a pvp server.

It's not loaded onto this computer, so it's been at least two years since I played and I lost my authenticator as a result of the fire. I't also have to remember my log in.... So much to catch up on. I'll see what I can do.

I went back to Guild Wars 2 a couple of months ago and have been playing a little there lately. Also have been playing a bit of No Man's Sky lately. I find it a nice chill out game.

(Edit)

I tried logging into my account. Since I lost my authenticator, I had to send in a ticket to have them remove it from the account... after I prove my identity. Now the waiting game...
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It's a good time to come back - it's pretty easy to see stuff and catch up when the expac is coming to an end. Let me know if you need help with anything - I have resources and whatnot on both sides.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Ok. What is insanity?
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

It's your main DPS resource, mainly replacing mana. You will still have a small mana pool as a Shadow Priest, which you can use to cast healing spells. Spells like Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Blast generate insanity, and once you have insanity built up you can use it to cast spells like Void Eruption. (Lucimay might be able to give better advice - she actually plays a Shadow Priest while I am mainly Holy/Disc.)

Short answer, it's basically the same as a hunter's focus or a rogue's energy or a warrior's fury... they took away mana from many DPS casters and gave them their own custom resource.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I was going to work on my Priest today, but I somehow got started collecting transmog stuff on my Hunter instead. (This is your fault, Luci.) And then I got sidetracked and started trying to tame Panthara instead. (Not your fault, Luci.)

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Sorus wrote:I was going to work on my Priest today, but I somehow got started collecting transmog stuff on my Hunter instead. (This is your fault, Luci.) And then I got sidetracked and started trying to tame Panthara instead. (Not your fault, Luci.)

:lol: yeah I pretty much spent the weekend chasing down transmog gears!

and regarding shadowpriesting...i'm a total noob at that, but Sorus has given you all the info you need. I have enjoyed playing the shadow priest as something different. a few months ago I was thinking I might raid with Mirrth, my arcane mage, next xpac cause I was having so much fun playing her, but now i'm fairly certain that i'll just continue raiding with Maady or Irv (or both), the hunters, because...that's what I do and to keep Mirrth and Dusk for the FUN stuff! :D

oh and Damelon...Creator is pretty much the only person playing with regularity in Legacy but I am still the GL on my dk Silanah so if you need anything holler at him and if he can't help you he'll let me know and i'll log on to Silanah. also, when you get up and running, let him know and i'll give you my battletag so you can holler at me yourself in game if you need anything. /hugs
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I've checked out a few of my characters. I have two of the five remaining on The Watch. I had fun with Adolar, my Nelf death knight. In AV, I'd shadow meld behind the general in the Alliance final command building and wait for the Horde to arrive. Before they were ready to have a go at them I'd pull one of them into range and laugh as the three of them would go after the group early. Fun times. :D
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That's evil. I completely approve.

(Then again, I used to love it when DKs grabbed me because it got them into range to be feared.)

I'll sign in Scryers side sometime tomorrow and see if you're on - if not, I'll post my Battletag here - I don't remember the numbers offhand. I can run you through some dungeons or something if you want, or if you need help with anything - totally possible to do a lot of stuff cross-realm these days.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Thanks for the offer but now I'm relearning how to ride a bike. I've been away for three years. I portaled Ro back to Stormwind and had to think for a couple of minutes before I remembered that I could fly over the wall there. :)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

My Battletag is Sorus#1263 if you want to add me.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Thanks, I will.

I've got my mage on Garona up to level 25, running around with Keeshan now in Lakeshire. I haven't been able to play much save for a bit on the weekends the last two week and I still have to get around to applying for membership in the guild.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So I resubbed yesterday. Planning to play through everything I missed over the last year and a half, then through the levelling content in the new expac. Coming back to WoW is always difficult, because you're miles behind in gear and rep, and you get everything dumped on you at once without much indication of what's what (the game doesn't tell you "this quest starts the chain added in patch x, which unlocks y").

I spent a couple hours on the Deaths of Chromie, which was fun but as it turns out doesn't provide any gear or anything. Then I did a bunch of Broken Shore stuff, which was necessary but is a whole content patch out of date. I've now started Argus.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

argus is where you'll get some catch up gear Murrin. collect argunite and buy tokens from the dude on the lower level of the vindicar. 910 with possible upgrades.
don't forget to make sure you level up your order hall because there is an order hall trait that ups the chances of upgrade on gear.
mythic+ dungeons will get you better gear as well and there is
a weekly box in your order hall that will get you a better piece
of gear for doing as high a mythic+ as you can (+15 gets you a
legendary skin too)
weeklies (got from the dude in the violet hold as per usual)
lfr will also get you at least 910 gear I think tho I haven't done
many lfrs this xpac because Tekki, Bleach, and some other guildies
and I have been running mythic pluses.

it would be so great to have you back on a US server so we could get you in on those mythic+ even tho we've, at this point, stopped doing them (cause we're fairly raid and mythic+ geared now) we would certainly love to help you gear up. I know that's probably wishful thinking on my part but wanted to say we miss you. you are often mentioned when we do older content and stuff like..."remember when we did underbog with kysen the first time?" or when a raid member doesn't talk in Discord, "aw dude's pulling a Kysen!!" lol!!! /hugs miss you in game bub. you'll always be a major part of my WoW experience. :D <3
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Yeah, I'm figuring that stuff out. Just a bit of a rush completing two major patches' worth of weekly quest chains in four days, and unlocking flying. Now I can settle into regular grind and getting some old instance quests cleared up.

My guild is dead right now, though I expect it'll pick up as we get closer to the release. I rarely see other people online atm, and they don't talk much when the log on.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I still have a list of things to do before BfA, but I'm getting down to the 'Is this really worth the frustration?' portion.

Return to “PC & Console Games”