Pantheon 2.0 - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Chisi: My part is played, and I have lent what aid I can to yours. Should your effort fail, I will pursue the matter further until it is done.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Nor Yekith wrote:
Murrin wrote:Nor Yekith: I was under the impression that you did not cure the plague--you mutated it, turning it into a catalyst for the mass mutation that occured in Nor Pupae. Is this incorrect, then?
As I am not the god of healing, I have no strength or ability in that area. Hence, I could not find a cure. So I transformed it into a new form - I used it to mutate all life in Nor Pupae. In the regard, you are correct. But I can manufacture mutagens that can transform the plague and leave life unchanged. That is the cure.
What EXACTALLY would happen to the plague? I wouldn't want any unexpected side-effects.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I cannot imagine any side-effects would be unexpected.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

Bhakti wrote:I cannot imagine any side-effects would be unexpected.
This routine is starting to become boring, Bhakti. :lol:
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Just trying to keep the others on their toes! :biggrin:
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

The two of you are far more likely to keep us in our beds than on our toes with you ceaseless bickering. You could both at least think of a new argument or two to hold our weariness at bay.
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Alsmot like a married couple......
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Yes, the likeness is remarkable. Should we bless their union and pronounce them, if not bride and groom, then at least lover and slimy worm thing?
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Clearly, I am not Nor Yekith's friend. One would not think I would risk alienating the rest of you, but here goes...

You are fools. My father spoke out often against Malice, and was ignored. Then the world was shattered. Wow, nobody saw that coming! 8O

Now I speak out against Nor Yekith, and none take me seriously. Few have ever expressed even the slightest concern about him to me in private. He will do what he can to destroy all of us, and remake the world in his image. I have been saying so all along. And none join me. None have said anything stronger than "Gee, Nor, maybe you shouldn't. 'k?" None care that he has taken some of my children, and, if how he treats his own followers is any indication, will do atrocious things to them. Fine, they aren't your followers, they are mine. Why should you bother to so much as say, "Nor, return the children you stole under false pretences, or we will know you for what you are." But they will be yours, soon enough. Yours will be mutated or killed. Then you'll all be scrambling in panic, trying to formulate a plan. But it will be far too late. You will be sticking your thumbs in the cracks of a leaking dike, crying, "Unfair! How was I to know?!"
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bhakti wrote:Clearly, I am not Nor Yekith's friend.
Yet, I feel you are my friend. I may even go so far as to say we are very similar. I see us becoming closer in the future. Do not despair, dearest Bhakti; for I forsee a time when we will unite.
Bhakti wrote: He will do what he can to destroy all of us, and remake the world in his image. I have been saying so all along.
I seek not destruction. I do not seek war. I seek only peace. What use have I for a field of dead men? For cities bereft of the laughter of children or the soothing voice of women? What would I do with an empty landscape? I want life to flourish. For that reason I do not build armies to slaughter. Death is an abhhorence.
Bhakti wrote: None care that he has taken some of my children, and, if how he treats his own followers is any indication, will do atrocious things to them. Fine, they aren't your followers, they are mine. Why should you bother to so much as say, "Nor, return the children you stole under false pretences, or we will know you for what you are." But they will be yours, soon enough. Yours will be mutated or killed. Then you'll all be scrambling in panic, trying to formulate a plan. But it will be far too late. You will be sticking your thumbs in the cracks of a leaking dike, crying, "Unfair! How was I to know?!"
Do I seek to harm the children? No. Do I seek to mutate the children? No. I seek to give them purpose. They suffered at the hands of your followers. Pantheon, heed my words. For they are true. Bhakti was allowing the children to be either killed or thrown to the wilds. Hence why I acted against him. Hence why I risked war.

Pantheon, I alone seek not to mutate your children. Nor alone do I seek to transform your lands. I have moulded a paradise on Eiran - by making flesh, rock and wood run like water before lovingly being reshaped by my mind. My projects are coming to completion, and soon you all will know how I made a paradise and what it is. You will cry or laugh aloud to see its beauty.

When the Star of Yekith descends my truth will be revealed and the pantheon will seek my vision. We will work to create a paradise - but I will not force you.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Pantheon, I alone seek not to mutate your children. Nor alone do I seek to transform your lands.
So, Nor, you are not alone. You are working with someone who is assisting you in mutating our children. You and another are seeking to transform our lands. Whether you are alone or not in your vision is immaterial. You and your co-hort(s) are still trying to impose your definition of beauty and paradise on the people of the other gods.

Question - and I ask because I am curious: what makes your vision better than anyone else's?
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Queeaqueg, I do not appreciate other gods entering the cities of my followers and converting my worshippers. Kindly have your people leave Alsanin, and Landir, at once.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Jove wrote:
Pantheon, I alone seek not to mutate your children. Nor alone do I seek to transform your lands.
So, Nor, you are not alone. You are working with someone who is assisting you in mutating our children.
My apologies, dear lady. I should have been more explicit. I seek to show you that I am capable of achieving paradise and then work with you all in transforming your lands. I work alone, for now.

Jove wrote:Question - and I ask because I am curious: what makes your vision better than anyone else's?
We all ask ourselves these questions.
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Actually, I asked you specifically, why your vision of paradise was better as opposed to anyone else's. You seem very sure that your vision is superior to all others.

But, let me be more explicity: why should I - or any god - want to subscribe to your vision of paradise?
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Jove wrote:
Actually, I asked you specifically, why your vision of paradise was better as opposed to anyone else's. You seem very sure that your vision is superior to all others.

But, let me be more explicity: why should I - or any god - want to subscribe to your vision of paradise?
The point i was making is that we all think we know what is best for the world.

As for your latter comment, you will see.
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Norn wrote:Queeaqueg, I do not appreciate other gods entering the cities of my followers and converting my worshippers. Kindly have your people leave Alsanin, and Landir, at once.
But was it not a free city?
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

No it wasn't. Alsanin coverted to my worship many seasons ago, as the god of war would have discovered when his followers arrived there.

Aldastrian is his, though it also appears free. I am sure he would not be amused if my followers arrived there and coverted the entire city to my worship.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

When I got there, it was a free city and now it is mine just like the other one. Why should I leave, I have made my self at home there as you can see.
(You should also take a look at the groovy map and list of cities. It shows Aldastrian is under my control). I love to expand and since no had appeared to have claimed that land, I thought that I would take it myself. I would not, though, try to take the city of Aldastrian.

I also sign the Treaty.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Queeaqueg, had you paid attention you would have seen that Norn made it known before this that the map was incorrect, and Alsanin was hers.
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

I have no interest in Aldastrian just as you have no real interest in Alsanin - your goal is war, that is plainly obvious.

It makes me wonder why you ascended at all Queeaqueg. Petty kings play at conquest - the divine surely have far more important things to worry about. Or perhaps conquest is the most a mind like yours can comprehend.

Return to “Pantheon”