What's for breakfast

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

I'm sipping on some coffee. It tastes like methane and I'm probably going to die.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

My FIL, who lives just down the street from The Florida Smoked Fish House in Fort Lauderdale, showed up at 8:15 this morning with a package of smoked Jamaican Jerk-style mahi-mahi and a small filet of smoked wahoo. A quick run to Publix for bagels and cream cheese, a fresh pot of coffee, and some Florida's Natural OJ, and brunch is ready.

:biggrin:

Good thing Beorn is on Thanksgiving break already.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Eating the last of my Fiber One, plus a Thomas English muffin.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Picking at leftover appetizers from last night:

deviled eggs
smoked fish, cream cheese, town house crackers
white cheddar cheese aged 4 years with red seedless grapes
Hebrew National salami

ahhhh...

I love Thanksgiving.

:biggrin:

~*~edit~*~

After cooking all day, it was a little difficult to appreciate what all I had made. I just had the first of the deviled eggs this morning...

damn...I make a mean deviled egg.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

This morning I broke out the Egg and Muffin maker and made myself a homemade McMuffin, substituting planned over turkey meat for the canadian bacon. Pretty good.

A can of V-8 and two cuppa joes. I just could not wake up this morning.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

If I make pork sausage for breakfast during the weekend I'll have enough left over to make a sausage mcmuffin or two during early part of the week. :)
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

mmmm gf just made me a mushroom and red onion omelette, which I had with sweet cherry tomatoes and branston pickle, for an extremely late breakfast!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Ooo...yum Stoney.

I just had my daily can of V-8, and Beorn and I are in negotiations about what he and I both want. I have raised such a foodie... :roll:
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

We had turkey, ham and cheese hoagies at 7 a.m. Why not?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Definitely why not? Sounds great!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Grape-Nuts. Man, I love this cereal. It soaks up the milk but still stays crunchy.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Coffee, V-8, and a blood orange.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I made some cream of wheat and stirred in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Not a bad experiment.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Kashi Heart to Heart cereal. It's Cheerios, except the O's are thicker and surprisingly good for a health-food.

I topped it off with a slice of Italian cream cake, which my mom made for my grandmother's birthday. I usually prefer carrot cake to Italian cream, but when my mom makes it, it suddenly becomes my favorite cake.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Today I used up the last of the store bought eggnog, and used it as the batter (with a whipped egg added for texture) for challah french toast. I used my microplane to grate some fresh nutmeg over each serving, and put out some softened butter and warmed real maple syrup.

A couple of breakfast sausage links served alongside...

Mmmm... Image
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Lord Foul wrote:Kashi Heart to Heart cereal. It's Cheerios, except the O's are thicker and surprisingly good for a health-food.
I had Heart to Heart cereal this morning. Right now on the breakfast cereal shelf (i.e., the top of the fridge), I've got Heart to Heart, Kashi's unsweetened 7-Grain puffed cereal (tho I'm almost out and am *still* trying to find a store in Manassas that carries it, arrgh), and "unfrosted" Kellogg's Mini-Wheats. Trying to avoid that first-thing-in-the-morning sugar hit, obviously. Most days, my breakfast is cereal, low-sodium V-8, and a mug of black tea (either English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast).

Sometimes for dessert I'll have a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ almonds, with skim milk. The sugar content isn't too bad and it gives me another "dose" of calcium for the day.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Worm of Despite
Lord

aliantha wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Kashi Heart to Heart cereal. It's Cheerios, except the O's are thicker and surprisingly good for a health-food.
I had Heart to Heart cereal this morning. Right now on the breakfast cereal shelf (i.e., the top of the fridge), I've got Heart to Heart, Kashi's unsweetened 7-Grain puffed cereal (tho I'm almost out and am *still* trying to find a store in Manassas that carries it, arrgh), and "unfrosted" Kellogg's Mini-Wheats.
I'm a crunch-aholic. ;) Give me Grape-Nuts, granola, or Kashi GoLean Crunch. I'll eat Mini-Wheats, when there's nothing else. My grandfather likes them because they're low in sodium (he had a heart attack a couple years ago), which is also why he bought the Heart to Heart.

I'm not one for vegetable-flavored drinks. Either green tea or coffee--but never both. I don't drink a ton at breakfast; usually hydrate between meals.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Lord Foul wrote:
aliantha wrote:
I had Heart to Heart cereal this morning. Right now on the breakfast cereal shelf (i.e., the top of the fridge), I've got Heart to Heart, Kashi's unsweetened 7-Grain puffed cereal (tho I'm almost out and am *still* trying to find a store in Manassas that carries it, arrgh), and "unfrosted" Kellogg's Mini-Wheats.
I'm a crunch-aholic. ;) Give me Grape-Nuts, granola, or Kashi GoLean Crunch. I'll eat Mini-Wheats, when there's nothing else. My grandfather likes them because they're low in sodium (he had a heart attack a couple years ago), which is also why he bought the Heart to Heart.

I'm not one for vegetable-flavored drinks. Either green tea or coffee--but never both. I don't drink a ton at breakfast; usually hydrate between meals.
Yeah, us old farts have to watch that sodium stuff. :lol:

I used to drink a glass of water as soon as I got up, but that was when I was doing "morning pages": as soon as you get up, write out three pages (longhand) of whatever comes to mind, the idea being to clear the decks for the day ahead. I would spend a half-hour or so writing before breakfast, and while I wrote I would drink the glass of water. Then I quit doing "morning pages" and there went the water habit. :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sesame bagel with cream cheese.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Worm of Despite
Lord

I ate a VERY large Belgian waffle, courtesy of my $80 waffle iron. I put some bananas and yellow raisins on it, my favorite syrup, and took a vacation from cereal land.

Return to “The Galley”