President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

🤔 unreasoned hate 🤔

Funny and ironic.

I have given reasons for my myriad concerns about your fearful leader.

And all you have to do is visit his Twitter account. I watched a FOX interview with Trump lol 😂 and boy he thinks well of himself. He was referring to the cognitive ... dimension test he took recently and tweeted hilariously that ... He surprised his doctors by passing the test.
President Trump said Thursday night on Fox News that doctors who administered him a recent cognitive test were “very surprised” that he “aced” it, continuing a long-standing preoccupation with defending his mental acumen as critics constantly question his fitness for office.
He also said he knows more than anybody else ever has ... talking about his lacklustre COVID messaging.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Am I getting from this Sarge, that it wasn't so much the idea itself which may have been sound in principle, as the legislative framework in which it was embedded?
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Peter - Nancy Pelosi famously remarked we had to pass Obamacare to find out what was in it. And it fined people for not having insurance. How is that supposed to help the poor?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

It depends who you talk to apparently 😉

What the US dont have ... medicare ... a national health service they sorely need.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Universal Healthcare would have been great. The mess that was Obamacare was not it. It was a typical Democrat bill. Plenty of give away and no real solution for the problem at hand.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I hope the US achieves universal healthcare ♥️👌♥️
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

You could ask Democrats to actually work on it. They rejected working on police reform. They rejected infrastructure. So the seem to have time.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Lets hope both parties effectively collaborate.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

peter wrote:Am I getting from this Sarge, that it wasn't so much the idea itself which may have been sound in principle, as the legislative framework in which it was embedded?
Yeah, to be fair, I got that a lot at the time when we were discussing it here...I was all "how can you be against it?" and by the end I realised that it wasn't actually anything like universal health care as other nations consider it.

That said, the question is whether those people who depend on it (and people do) should have it taken away...

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Replaced might seem a better solution..........
Your politicians screwed you over and you are suprised by this?

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Trump is an excellent marketer.
He could sell ice to the Eskimos. Possibly already has.
Marketers do not lie. They just put a different spin on it.
Trumps referee, John Baron comes to mind.

His comedy is inspiring. I wish he went back to daily Covid updates. They were very funny.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

He is back (possibly) to daily COVID updates. The first one he's given in a long while was yesterday.

He stayed much more on script, didn't get drawn into impromptu jousting with journos or off-the-cuff Trumpisms. Possibly because the news he was delivering was more sobering than his previous pronouncements, namely that in terms of the US, the pandemic will "will probably get worse before it gets better". Take that as you will.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Post by Avatar »

Wait, he actually said it will get worse? Interesting...who has his reins and how long will it last? :D

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

That is Trump's problems--no one has ever held his reins. Instead, he just gets out there and goes wild.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Trump also notably failed to allow any medical or logistical experts speak, demonstrating he will still suppress information where it suits him politically.

He also re-iterated many, many of his lies.

And, after 140,000 deaths, he announced that he's coming up with a plan to deal with it.

But at least he flip-flopped on the masks issue finally. That needed to be done.

Then again, shortly afterwards, he was seen hobnobbing around his hotel and mixing it up with his crowd without a mask.

Post by Avatar »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:That is Trump's problems--no one has ever held his reins. Instead, he just gets out there and goes wild.
Well sometimes he manages to get "on message" as it were, hence my interest in how long it will be before he goes off again. :d

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

wayfriend wrote:Trump also notably failed to allow any medical or logistical experts speak, demonstrating he will still suppress information where it suits him politically.
So not letting people speak is suppressing information, yes? Is that something we should not be encouraging? That is to say, when someone has something important to say we should let them speak, correct?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:So not letting people speak is suppressing information, yes?
That's not equivalent to what I said, so 'no'.

Not letting official pandemic experts provide scientific information about the pandemic during an official pandemic briefing because it contradicts the lies being stated in the official pandemic briefing is suppressing vital information about the pandemic which people need to cope with the pandemic.

Which is flabbergastingly horrible.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

What scientific information do people need at a daily briefing, new updated death numbers? Everything you need to know from a scientific point of view is already available online. What good does an updated death number do for anyone, anyway, except make the weak-willed or easily-led more panicked than they arleady are? The death rate is going down, which means that the virus is not as deadly as everyone feared it would be, which means that businesses don't have to be force-closed any more.

As I noted, this is the only pandemic in history which is being blamed on one specific individual in defiance of all logic, which means that the response has less to do with the actual event and more to do with him. Also, since we are living in the Upside Down now, the people blaming him are not blaming the people who are actually responsible for it in the first place.

I notice you avoided the last question, though: when someone has something to say they should be allowed to speak, yes?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

wayfriend wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:So not letting people speak is suppressing information, yes?
That's not equivalent to what I said, so 'no'.

Not letting official pandemic experts provide scientific information about the pandemic during an official pandemic briefing because it contradicts the lies being stated in the official pandemic briefing is suppressing vital information about the pandemic which people need to cope with the pandemic.

Which is flabbergastingly horrible.
I know this is likely hopeless, but give specifics please.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”