Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Not expecting anything to happen on her part, yet unable to help herself, Tänya finds her hands unconsciously mimicking the movements of the tall elf, especially when it comes to movements she doesn't know. After all, she had no idea what verbal components might be needed, so what could possibly happen?
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Arael trying to follow the movement of the Elf, but nothing happens.
"I feel nothing special... i may do wrong gesture... but i don't think i'm able to cast spells..."
He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry..."

Tanya trys to follow the movement of Thonunian, but nothing seems to happen.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Mephiston wrote:Tanya trys to follow the movement of Thonunian, but nothing seems to happen.
*sigh of disappointment*

Don't be foolish girl. You know the blood of dragons does not run in your veins...
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Looking at Arael, Thonunian said, "Well, did any of the gestures feel familiar? No? All right.

Anyway, those gestures did not make a spell, but were different sets of the first two in each and every spell I know, with gaps in between. Since you did not seem to recognize any of them, however..."

He lets his voice trail off, shrugs, then continues, "I think you are right. You cannot use magic."
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"i'm sorry my friend... maybe i'm a warrior of some kind... but i don't feel any kind of magic inside of me..."
Arael says

You are now approaching the destroyed farm. Some smoke still arise form the crumbled and burned woods.

A gust of wind clear for a moment the camp near the farm and you all can see Solana returning... alone.

The horse come near Tanya and hit her cheek with her snout.

The letter is in the place Tanya put it.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Mephiston wrote:A gust of wind clear for a moment the camp near the farm and you all can see Solana returning... alone.

The horse come near Tanya and hit her cheek with her snout.

The letter is in the place Tanya put it.
"Solana!! Where are the others? You didn't find them at the old temple?"

Tänya turns towards the others with worry on her face.

"I don't know how much use I would be to physically shifting this debris. Should a couple of us head back to the old temple and see if we can find Atrus and the half-blood?" Looking at Arael, Renard, and Thonunian, she discards the idea of having one of them come with her; they would be more effective here...

"Balpur? Shall we ride Solana back and see if they are alright?"
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian turns an incredulous face to Tänya. "What, did you already forget what happened the last time you rushed into a dangerous place on your own? You and Balpur would be in just as much trouble as you alone if anything is wrong. If Solana simply could not find them, there is no reason for anyone to go."
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"I think you all should go to check what is happened to our friends. I will ask for the help of the other farmers and few cows will help me to remove the crumbled woods and then access the place my father said is containing my armor.
Then i will lead to the ruin.
Hopefully the work will not take more than four bells."
Arael says.

"I think the winged one had had a good idea! Yes indeed! We have to hurry up! Something could be wrong with them!"
Balpur says. He seems warried.
Last edited by Mephiston on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Arael wrote:"I think you all should go check what is happening to our friends. I will ask for help from the other farmers, and hitch a few cows to help me remove the crumbled wood; then access the place my father said is containing my armor.
Then I will come to the ruins.
Hopefully the work will not take more than four bells."
Tänya turns a relieved look on to Arael. "That may be best. And we will return here if you haven't caught up to us by the time we find them!"
Balpur wrote:"I think the winged one has a good idea! Yes indeed! We have to hurry up! Something could be wrong with them!"
Balpur says. He seems worried.
Leaping up on to Solana's back, Tänya reaches down and extends a hand toward Balpur.

"Will you ride with me, Balpur?" she asks. "Thonunian and Renard can catch us up at the old temple, and you and I can look and see if we can find any clues to where Atrus and the half-blood are.

"With any luck, they just didn't see the note and sent Solana back to us; so they'll be waiting patiently for us and wonder why we came rushing to find them. But, my heart tells me we need to hurry to see if this is so."

If the goblin agrees, Tänya pulls him up behind her on to Solana, and then canters off towards the ruins, trusting at least Renard to follow after.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

the goblin give Tanya his hand and with a good jump mount on horse.

"Let's go" the goblin says.

"Good luck, my friends, i will catch you as soon as possible"
Arale says
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian heaves an exasperated sigh.

Don't those two realize that it is best for us to stick together as much as possible? I may not know much about the goblin, but it is quite clear that she is not as effective in pure fighting as either Atrus or Ahkash. Anything that could take down those two would have no problem with her...

...Unless Balpur has been hiding the majority of his strength all this time...

Turning to Arael, he says, "Yes, I agree you should get your armor. Anything that can make you a more effective fighter would be welcome, especially if it might also unlock more memories and skills."

He glances at Renard, and asks, "Am I correct in assuming you do not want to let that 'charming maiden' rush off?" before rushing off after the two on the horse.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Thonunian:
He glances at Renard, and asks, "Am I correct in assuming you do not want to let that 'charming maiden' rush off?" before rushing off after the two on the horse.
These things always have a way of taking Renard a little off guard. Although life moves and changes about him like a story played out from the pages of a novel, every so often he has to give himself a mental shake -- realize that there are times he has to actually react to them directly and not just absorb and chronicle them.
As the flurry of action occurs -- Tänya immediately reacting to the potential of danger, Balpur being brought up on to the back of Solana, Thonunian's grumbles about the lovely druid bounding off in to action again -- and until the elf warrior speaks to him directly, Renard is barely aware of the smile on his face as he watches her heroic actions.

And with a full laugh he admits, "Quite right! And well spoken! My mother would hardly forgive me for such inaction!" And laughs again as he races to catch up..
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

As the ruins of the temple of the twin g-ddesses come closer, Tänya pulls up on Solana's approach and stops her as she regards the ruins with contemplation.

Twisting around to address Balpur, she asks, "Balpur...

"You told me in the temple of Solaris that you are constantly hiding from your kind, so I guess you would have far more experience in investigating things...stealthily. I always felt, well...except for what prompted me to come to Pan Town...safe and secure within Lastwood.

"Obviously, Solana is not something easily hidden. I seek your guidance once again. Shall I send Solana back to the Wild Boar's stables to await us, and you and I go continue the rest of the way on foot? Or shall we continue with her, moving as silently as she can? For a horse, she is a good fighter, should we need to defend ourselves from something..."
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"I was ever alone, kind lady... i'm not good in working in team. I don't have any advice to say to you... in one hand you have the potentioal help of Solana, in the other hand her safety... which you prefer? And remember she's more than a common horse... she could be upset if you continue to let her away from you. I think, and it is only my opinion, she wants to stay with you and protect you. Unless there are physical impediment... you should take her with you.
Did i answer your question?"
The goblin ask smiling
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Balpur wrote:"And remember she's more than a common horse... she could be upset if you continue to let her away from you. I think, and it is only my opinion, she wants to stay with you and protect you. Unless there are physical impediment... you should take her with you.
Did i answer your question?"
Tänya gently strokes Solana's neck, and ponders the astute answer of the goblin. He's right. Ever has Solana been by my side, other than when I left her in yon ruins while I sat vigil in The Wild Boar. And look what happened...

"I agree, Balpur. Although I was more concerned with her size and ability to remain out of sight of prying eyes than of her safety. As long as she and I are together, her safety generally does not concern me. We protect each other.

"Let us continue on then. And hope if there is again something in the ruins, since Solana came and went just before, that her presence may not stir up anything untoward."

[ooc]Solana will carry Tänya and Balpur to the edge of the ruins as quietly as possible (I know, that's not all that quietly), where they will dismount and look for Atrus and Ahkash, or at least, for any signs of them (spot, search, and listen checks please). Unless Balpur suggests otherwise, they will try to decide on a course of action to suggest to Renard and Thonunian, once they arrive.[/ooc]
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

[ooc] although we are not as fast as Solana, we are not far behind!!!...[/ooc]
:)
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

[ooc]better not be. as Thonunian noticed, I tend to get myself in trouble once away from the party :oops:

...but then, that seems to happen to whichever character I play... ;)[/ooc]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Tanya, Balpur and Solana approach an extinguished camp fire near the old ruins.

A brief check of the area reveals that two men was there during the night and then you find the tracks of one of them that lead down to the cave...

About five minutes after Thonunian and Renard arrive, almost breathless.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

<panting> "Forgive my <gasp> delay, fair one. Although <pant> you normally incite this kind of <breathless gasp> reaction from me <heavy breath> it seems running is not my forte."

After a few seconds of smothing out the wrinkles of his clothes and wiping his brow of beaded sweat, he continues.
"There. Better? <smile> Now" ---looking around and noticing the absence of two people--- "what have we here, then? Have the two testosterone driven companions taken a page from your book, my dear, gone off by themselves into the cave?"

Having said that, for a moment Renard's eyes stare off in to the distance as if seeing something in the far off mountains, -- or within his own mind...

"Hm, I am fairly certain Ahkash has already been down there..."

Then as if turning a mental page, Renard focuses on the companions around him, and gesturing to the tunnel mouth, "Shall we?..."
Last edited by Renard on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Renard wrote:<panting> "Forgive my <gasp> delay, fair one. Although <pant> you normally incite this kind of <breathless gasp> reaction from me <heavy breath> it seems running is not my forte."
Cocking an eyebrow at the bard and elf both, Tänya regards both of them with amazement. "You caught up quite fast. Perhaps I need to race Solana against the two of you on a regular basis, so she doesn't become lazy."
Renard wrote:After a few seconds of smothing out the wrinkles of his clothes and wiping his brow of beaded sweat, he continues.
"There. Better? <smile> Now" ---looking around and noticing the absence of two people--- "what have we here, then? Have the two testosterone driven companions taken a page from your book, my dear, gone off by themselves into the cave?"
"As far as our companions go, I only see one set of tracks leading into the cavern. But...what happened to the other?"
Renard wrote:Having said that, for a moment Renard's eyes stare off in to the distance as if seeing something in the far off mountains, -- or within his own mind...
[ooc]...cool...[/ooc]
Renard wrote:"Hm, I am fairly certain Ahkash has already been down there..."

Then as if turning a mental page, Renard focuses on the companions around him, and gesturing to the tunnel mouth, "Shall we?..."
Tänya looks at the single set of tracks leading into the cavern, and at the abandoned campfire. "Thonunian? Balpur? What say you? I feel very uneasy not seeing that both of them went that way..."
Last edited by Tänya on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”